Texas High School unveils $60 million football stadium

Despite budget cuts in education, $60 million high school football stadium opens - Portland K-12 | Examiner.com

Even as Texas lawmakers were forced to cut the state's education budget by $4 billion, Eagle Stadium's construction continued. By this past 2011-12 school year, Allen High School was facing a $4.5 million budget shortfall; the school was forced to cut 44 teaching positions and 40 support positions.
Still, in a time when school districts are almost completely buried with money concerns, people around the country are questioning whether or not Allen, Texas is sending the right message to its children - voting to build a $60 million high school football stadium while school employees lose their jobs and classroom sizes grow

Texas really has its priorities in order

How horrid. You'd better move there, then you can become a voter. Otherwise, shut the fuck up. :lol:

Maybe they can give all those fired teachers discount tickets to next weeks football game

Once again highlighting the priorities of the Texas educational system

Please link a study that shows how increasing the number of teachers, administrators, and support staff improves education results. Show us all how the big push for smaller class size by the NEA over the past 40 years has resulted in higher test scores. I'd love to see that study. Everything I've read shows that smaller class size had no effect on student achievement.

Government is being government when it wastes money. But, I can't blame government for this disgrace. The voters voted, 2 to 1, for a bond issue to build it. Average income in this town is six figures.

16,000 seats for a high school! I guess this is the only football in town?

How horrid. You'd better move there, then you can become a voter. Otherwise, shut the fuck up. :lol:

Maybe they can give all those fired teachers discount tickets to next weeks football game

Please link a study that shows how increasing the number of teachers, administrators, and support staff improves education results. Show us all how the big push for smaller class size by the NEA over the past 40 years has resulted in higher test scores. I'd love to see that study. Everything I've read shows that smaller class size had no effect on student achievement.

Save it

Don't even try to convince us that a $60 million football stadium is more important than teachers

You're not from Texas are you?

Save it

Don't even try to convince us that a $60 million football stadium is more important than teachers

Save it.

Don't even try to convince me that extra teachers, principals, support staff and janitors are more important than school athletic programs.

Save it

Save it.

Don't even try to convince me that extra teachers, principals, support staff and janitors are more important than school athletic programs.

They absolutely are

Save it

Save it.

They absolutely are

Ok. Then you should have no problem proving it. Just link a study that proves smaller class size improves test scores.

Bottom line- You don't live there. It's none of your business.

You sound like a person who'd love to get the taxpayers to build a football temple for yourself.

It doesn't have to be our business to comment on it. And, to discourage that kind of crap from happening where we live, it is our obligation to comment on it.

You sound like a person who'd love to get the taxpayers to build a football temple for yourself.

It doesn't have to be our business to comment on it. And, to discourage that kind of crap from happening where we live, it is our obligation to comment on it.

Troll says what?

I don't know what sewage pipe you crawled out from, but you're stinking up this forum with your foul spew.....

Save it

Ever been to Allen? If not... how would you know what they need?

Save it.

They absolutely are

Ok. Then you should have no problem proving it. Just link a study that proves smaller class size improves test scores.

None of my business?

I am a USMB poster........EVERYTHING is my business

Save it

Ever been to Allen? If not... how would you know what they need?

We don't need no stink'n teachers........We got Football

We got a football and guns and booze and thats all we need. Football as we know it is on the way out. What a waste of money.

Football's big in the South.

Except for the Honeybadger of course. He thought he was bigger than the team.

I realize Texans love their HS Football and it means a lot to the city. But you can get just as much enjoyment out of a $15 million stadium and not have to let education suffer

Glad to see that Texans have so much money to spend on their childrens education

Allen H.S. unveils $60 million football stadium

440 million less than Solyndra, what a bargain! ..... :clap2:

And it will produce more revenue.......

Drive, I heard that there were more lay-offs at Solyndra than at the steel plant that Bain Capital closes.....

When do you suppose that will turn up in an Obama ad?

Think of the Solyndra dependents that will die because Obama took away their health insurance

I realize Texans love their HS Football and it means a lot to the city. But you can get just as much enjoyment out of a $15 million stadium and not have to let education suffer

Rightwinger, for a leftwing shithead, sometimes you're right. Oops, spoke too fast. Education isn't suffering. This money wouldn't be going to the schools even if the stadium wasn't built. And, their schools, like all public schools, already have more money than they needs.

Yep, they should have built only a $15 million stadium, and they should raise ticket prices to help cover the bond issue. Let the stadium pay for itself, because it's not there for education, but for public entertainment.

Education in Allen does not seem to be suffering.

They got caught with a $60 white elephant and ended up laying off 80 teachers and staff

They can afford to come up with abundant tax dollars to pay for a Football Shrine but can't come up with the money for teachers

Priorities

Forum List

Back