Texas High School unveils $60 million football stadium

They must have the best academics in the nation if they can afford a $60 million stadium

Its not my city and not a bond measure i voted on. Alan voted on it and passed a bond measure to pay for a high school improvement.

Glad to see that Texans who can't afford affordable healthcare, good paying jobs and education can afford to cough up $60 million for a HS Football stadium

I think Allan is doing alright.... no idea though.

But you should see what this city votes in as bond measures...... $60 is nothing.

Enlighten us

i'm not a miracle worker

it's a highly rated hs in a highly rated district. 99% completion rate. doe blue ribbon school, etc

The median income for a household in the city in 2007 was $93,392, and the median income for a family was $100,736.

so you're pretty much full of shit, as usual.

thanks for stopping by, fuckknuckle, educate yourself as far as it's possible

Allen High School Test Scores - Allen, Texas - TX

And they just bought a White Elephant of a stadium

By the way, you failed at explaining how they would pay off a $60 million bond at $10 a ticket.

Bond measure.... my guess it will be paid for a property tax.

With 18,000 seats and six home games they will pull in about $1 million a year. Not even enough to pay the interest on a $60 million bond. Throw in electric, maintenance, staff and they are losing money every year

But hey...this is Texas

It's what passes for education

The taxpayers voted on it, what's your beef?

Priorities

ok... so just ignore the facts that dell gave you.... they DO preform well in academics.

Glad to see that Texans who can't afford affordable healthcare, good paying jobs and education can afford to cough up $60 million for a HS Football stadium

Sad to see that you are still fucking stupid.

With 18,000 seats and six home games they will pull in about $1 million a year. Not even enough to pay the interest on a $60 million bond. Throw in electric, maintenance, staff and they are losing money every year

But hey...this is Texas

The taxpayers voted on it, what's your beef?

Priorities

Priorities like all those construction jobs Obama keeps blathering about?

Allen has 16 elementary schools, 3 middle schools, etc. in the district, which is in one of Dallas' more affluent suburbs. As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $7,254,839,000.The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.050 per $100 of appraised valuation. The stadium will be a regular Friday night worship center for the religion of Texas football, and the J.V. will play on weeks that the Varsity is out of town. It will also be used for soccer, track & field, and other sports. The athletic booster club(s) will be contributing a bundle as well.

It's a stupid way to spend money in this biennium, but who said Texas football fanatics were intelligent?

Enlighten us

i'm not a miracle worker

it's a highly rated hs in a highly rated district. 99% completion rate. doe blue ribbon school, etc

The median income for a household in the city in 2007 was $93,392, and the median income for a family was $100,736.

so you're pretty much full of shit, as usual.

thanks for stopping by, fuckknuckle, educate yourself as far as it's possible

Allen High School Test Scores - Allen, Texas - TX

^^^^That^^^^^

is a world class BITCH SLAP!!! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

bitch-slap-600x457_large.jpg

Yeah - that was classic pwnage....

Who do you think pays the bond fuck wit?

They can hide it as a non operating expense but the taxpayer still pays fuck wit.

How long to pay off $60 million at $10 a ticket fuck wit?

Based on $10.00 per ticket? If they sell out every game, say eleven games per season, not accounting for concession sales and not accounting for revenue generated from other events, about thirty years.

But hey...this is Texas

A million more per year than Solyndra, with a much smaller investment. Are texans smarter investors that Ivy leaguers? :eusa_whistle:

Based on $10.00 per ticket? If they sell out every game, say eleven games per season, not accounting for concession sales and not accounting for revenue generated from other events, about thirty years.

But hey...this is Texas

A million more per year than Solyndra, with a much smaller investment. Are texans smarter investors that Ivy leaguers? :eusa_whistle:

The invested in their kids.... not paying back favors.

Another reason to hate the Dallas Cowboys.

I love the game of football

But I hate schools that cut academics so hat they can throw money at their football team
In ranking, U.S. students trail global leaders - USATODAY.com

Scores from the 2009 Programme for International Student Assessment to be released Tuesday show 15-year-old students in the U.S. performing about average in reading and science, and below average in math. Out of 34 countries, the U.S. ranked 14th in reading, 17th in science and 25th in math.

Another reason to hate the Dallas Cowboys.

I love the game of football

But I hate schools that cut academics so hat they can throw money at their football team
In ranking, U.S. students trail global leaders - USATODAY.com

Scores from the 2009 Programme for International Student Assessment to be released Tuesday show 15-year-old students in the U.S. performing about average in reading and science, and below average in math. Out of 34 countries, the U.S. ranked 14th in reading, 17th in science and 25th in math.

Because of football? :confused:

I know of a school district that went on strike. At the end, one of the agreements made was that the faculty have some say as to how the money for teaching materials was allotted. It seems that the thousands of dollars the district gave the school for paper and pencils, etc, had been going to the athletic department. Teachers had been buying materials on their own as part of the job. In that district most of the administrators, principals and such were ex-coaches. In short, the school district was run by and for the sport's program. I wonder how common that is?

Despite budget cuts in education, $60 million high school football stadium opens - Portland K-12 | Examiner.com

Even as Texas lawmakers were forced to cut the state's education budget by $4 billion, Eagle Stadium's construction continued. By this past 2011-12 school year, Allen High School was facing a $4.5 million budget shortfall; the school was forced to cut 44 teaching positions and 40 support positions.
Still, in a time when school districts are almost completely buried with money concerns, people around the country are questioning whether or not Allen, Texas is sending the right message to its children - voting to build a $60 million high school football stadium while school employees lose their jobs and classroom sizes grow

Texas really has its priorities in order

Last edited:
Despite budget cuts in education, $60 million high school football stadium opens - Portland K-12 | Examiner.com

Even as Texas lawmakers were forced to cut the state's education budget by $4 billion, Eagle Stadium's construction continued. By this past 2011-12 school year, Allen High School was facing a $4.5 million budget shortfall; the school was forced to cut 44 teaching positions and 40 support positions.
Still, in a time when school districts are almost completely buried with money concerns, people around the country are questioning whether or not Allen, Texas is sending the right message to its children - voting to build a $60 million high school football stadium while school employees lose their jobs and classroom sizes grow

How horrid. You'd better move there, then you can become a voter. Otherwise, shut the fuck up. :lol:

Last edited:

How horrid. You'd better move there, then you can become a voter. Otherwise, shut the fuck up. :lol:

Maybe they can give all those fired teachers discount tickets to next weeks football game

Once again highlighting the priorities of the Texas educational system

Glad to see that Texans have so much money to spend on their childrens education

Allen H.S. unveils $60 million football stadium

I love seeing that kind of anger in you, wingy!!

And, in a related tale:

1. "By almost any standard, Missouri v. Jenkins, the Kansas City, Missouri, school desegregation case, was extraordinary. Between 1985 and 2003 federal judges ordered more than $2 billion in new spending by the school district to encourage desegregation.

2. Not only did they double property taxes to pay this huge bill, but they imposed an income tax surcharge on everyone who lived or worked in the city.

3. The court order turned every high school and middle school (as well as half the elementary schools) into "magnet schools," each with a distinctive theme—including not merely science, performing arts, and computer studies, but also classical Greek, Asian studies, agribusiness, and environmental studies. The newly constructed classical Greek high school housed an Olympic-sized pool with an underwater observation room, an indoor track, a gymnastic center, and racquetball courts.

4. The former coach of the Soviet Olympic fencing team was hired to teach inner-city students how to thrust and parry. The school system spent almost a million dollars a year to recruit white kids from the suburbs, and even hired door-to-door taxi service for them.

5. By 1995 Kansas City was spending over $10,000 per student, more than any comparable school system in the country.

6. Despite this massive effort, litigation failed either to improve the quality of education or to reduce racial isolation. Test scores continued to drop, and the percentage of minority students continued to rise.

7. Eventually, black parents—who had long opposed the court's heavy emphasis on "magnet schools" designed to draw whites into the school system—insisted upon a return to neighborhood schools."
The Claremont Institute - The Two Billion Dollar Judge

Glad to see that the Libs have no compunction about taking other folks money and burning it.

You too?

Nice cut and paste

But totally unrelated to Texans spending $60 million on a HS football stadium

As usual......your professors must be proud of you

wingy....your repetition shows your age.....
...and has absolutely no effect on me.

Now.."totally unrelated..."

You objected to spending a mere $60 million....

but you don't want to admit that $2 billion is far worse?

I try to respect my elders....but you're makin' it mighty difficult....

Forum List

Back