Texas High School unveils $60 million football stadium

oh not at the expense of crappy education? ... noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

And I will bet that NO federal tax dollars went into that stadium either.

Nope it didn't.
They like debt there.

from the linked article in tthe OP:

Allen raised the money for its new stadium as part of a $119.4 million bond package in May of 2009 that passed with an impressive 63.66 percent of the vote.

Last edited:
Glad to see that Texans have so much money to spend on their childrens education

Allen H.S. unveils $60 million football stadium

I love seeing that kind of anger in you, wingy!!

And, in a related tale:

1. "By almost any standard, Missouri v. Jenkins, the Kansas City, Missouri, school desegregation case, was extraordinary. Between 1985 and 2003 federal judges ordered more than $2 billion in new spending by the school district to encourage desegregation.

2. Not only did they double property taxes to pay this huge bill, but they imposed an income tax surcharge on everyone who lived or worked in the city.

3. The court order turned every high school and middle school (as well as half the elementary schools) into "magnet schools," each with a distinctive theme—including not merely science, performing arts, and computer studies, but also classical Greek, Asian studies, agribusiness, and environmental studies. The newly constructed classical Greek high school housed an Olympic-sized pool with an underwater observation room, an indoor track, a gymnastic center, and racquetball courts.

4. The former coach of the Soviet Olympic fencing team was hired to teach inner-city students how to thrust and parry. The school system spent almost a million dollars a year to recruit white kids from the suburbs, and even hired door-to-door taxi service for them.

5. By 1995 Kansas City was spending over $10,000 per student, more than any comparable school system in the country.

6. Despite this massive effort, litigation failed either to improve the quality of education or to reduce racial isolation. Test scores continued to drop, and the percentage of minority students continued to rise.

7. Eventually, black parents—who had long opposed the court's heavy emphasis on "magnet schools" designed to draw whites into the school system—insisted upon a return to neighborhood schools."
The Claremont Institute - The Two Billion Dollar Judge

Glad to see that the Libs have no compunction about taking other folks money and burning it.

You too?

Glad to see that Texans have so much money to spend on their childrens education

I love seeing that kind of anger in you, wingy!!

And, in a related tale:

1. "By almost any standard, Missouri v. Jenkins, the Kansas City, Missouri, school desegregation case, was extraordinary. Between 1985 and 2003 federal judges ordered more than $2 billion in new spending by the school district to encourage desegregation.

2. Not only did they double property taxes to pay this huge bill, but they imposed an income tax surcharge on everyone who lived or worked in the city.

3. The court order turned every high school and middle school (as well as half the elementary schools) into "magnet schools," each with a distinctive theme—including not merely science, performing arts, and computer studies, but also classical Greek, Asian studies, agribusiness, and environmental studies. The newly constructed classical Greek high school housed an Olympic-sized pool with an underwater observation room, an indoor track, a gymnastic center, and racquetball courts.

4. The former coach of the Soviet Olympic fencing team was hired to teach inner-city students how to thrust and parry. The school system spent almost a million dollars a year to recruit white kids from the suburbs, and even hired door-to-door taxi service for them.

5. By 1995 Kansas City was spending over $10,000 per student, more than any comparable school system in the country.

6. Despite this massive effort, litigation failed either to improve the quality of education or to reduce racial isolation. Test scores continued to drop, and the percentage of minority students continued to rise.

7. Eventually, black parents—who had long opposed the court's heavy emphasis on "magnet schools" designed to draw whites into the school system—insisted upon a return to neighborhood schools."
The Claremont Institute - The Two Billion Dollar Judge

Glad to see that the Libs have no compunction about taking other folks money and burning it.

You too?

Nice cut and paste

But totally unrelated to Texans spending $60 million on a HS football stadium

As usual......your professors must be proud of you

440 million less than Solyndra, what a bargain! ..... :clap2:

And it will produce more revenue.......

Drive, I heard that there were more lay-offs at Solyndra than at the steel plant that Bain Capital closes.....

When do you suppose that will turn up in an Obama ad?

I won't hold my breath........

The people voted for it and paid for it.

its their priority.

thats Texas

Allen TX is a great little city. Ever been there?

I tell ya, i have never seen a city (or area) more involved in junior and high school football in my life. Its a regular thing on TV. :eek:

If a city wants to sell bonds to improve its ONLY high school... why not? And to be fair... its not just a foot ball stadium and will used as a money maker when not in use by the school itself.

I tell ya, i have never seen a city (or area) more involved in junior and high school football in my life. Its a regular thing on TV. :eek:

If a city wants to sell bonds to improve its ONLY high school... why not? And to be fair... its not just a foot ball stadium and will used as a money maker when not in use by the school itself.

How are their academics?

Best in the nation?

How are their academics?

Best in the nation?

I have no idea. The don't have the psychics team debates on TV at night.

The people of the city of Allen voted and will pay for a bond measure to improve its public school. :thup:

How are their academics?

Best in the nation?

The people of the city of Allen voted and will pay for a bond measure to improve its public school. :thup:

They must have the best academics in the nation if they can afford a $60 million stadium

Another reason to hate the Dallas Cowboys.

I love the game of football

But I hate schools that cut academics so hat they can throw money at their football team

How are their academics?

Best in the nation?

They must have the best academics in the nation if they can afford a $60 million stadium

no, they must have raised $60MM if they can afford a $60MM stadium.

are you this stupid in real life?

Forum List

Back