Texas getting a tragic lesson in Climate Change science

Its not as though its only Texasss. The storms, the earthquakes, the droughts, the floods - its happening all over the world. And, with every example of unprecedented "weather", the deniers come out with the same venom and willful ignorance.

We are standing hip deep in gasoline and the deniers are collecting matches.

And the deniers in this thread have shown themselves to a coldhearted uncaring lot.

Only a fool would equate compassion with pushing a political view.

Pretty sure that's how pro-lifers see it.

And people who advocated for free health care and food for the poor.

You're not very bright, are you?

Perhaps you should duck out of this thread.

Its not as though its only Texasss. The storms, the earthquakes, the droughts, the floods - its happening all over the world. And, with every example of unprecedented "weather", the deniers come out with the same venom and willful ignorance.

And the deniers in this thread have shown themselves to a coldhearted uncaring lot.
We mourn for the victims as we mourn your stupidity.

Floodwaters Deepen After Storms Dump Another Foot Of Rain In Houston Area

My heart goes out to the families and victims of another climate disaster. We are sitting in our garage with the car running and wondering why people are dying--while GOP partisans say CO is perfectly safe.

n-FLOOD-large.jpg

HOUSTON (AP) — Floodwaters deepened across much of Texas on Tuesday as storms dumped almost a foot more of rain on the Houston area, stranding hundreds of motorists and inundating the famously congested highways that serve the nation's fourth-largest city.

Meanwhile, the search went on for about a dozen people who were still missing, including a group that disappeared after a vacation home was swept down a river and slammed into a bridge.

Several more fatalities were reported — four in Houston and four more in Central Texas. That brought to 17 the number of people killed by the holiday weekend storms in Texas and Oklahoma.

Similar search efforts unfolded just south of the Texas-Mexico border, where crews tried to track down the missing and assessed damage in the city of Ciudad Acuna after a tornado killed 13 people Monday.

I'm sure the usually partisan hack trolls will have their fun and make jokes about cold weather debunking global "warming"... it's time to flush these retards and corporate shills.

Try to show some compassion, people are dying.
People are dying because they are so fuckin' stupid.

Flash flood warnings ignored mean death.

Has nothing to do with "climate change".

And just so you know this isnt even close to the most rain we've ever received.

Just so you know, this has never happened before.

That's what UNPRECEDENTED means.

This is an unnatural weather event outside the scope of normal regional climate.

Please try to find it in your heart to actually give a damn about children dying because of your selfish anti-science b.s.
Oh bullshit.

This is not unusual for Texas.

It happens periodically, just like droughts.

Nothing "unprecedented" about all this rain.

The warmists have it all sewed up. If it rains, doesn't rain, gets cold, gets hot, earthquake, volcano eruption, meteorite strike, it's all climate change because none of those things ever happened before in the history of the world.

And that's why no one believes them.

My heart goes out to the families and victims of another climate disaster. We are sitting in our garage with the car running and wondering why people are dying--while GOP partisans say CO is perfectly safe.

n-FLOOD-large.jpg

HOUSTON (AP) — Floodwaters deepened across much of Texas on Tuesday as storms dumped almost a foot more of rain on the Houston area, stranding hundreds of motorists and inundating the famously congested highways that serve the nation's fourth-largest city.

Meanwhile, the search went on for about a dozen people who were still missing, including a group that disappeared after a vacation home was swept down a river and slammed into a bridge.

Several more fatalities were reported — four in Houston and four more in Central Texas. That brought to 17 the number of people killed by the holiday weekend storms in Texas and Oklahoma.

Similar search efforts unfolded just south of the Texas-Mexico border, where crews tried to track down the missing and assessed damage in the city of Ciudad Acuna after a tornado killed 13 people Monday.

I'm sure the usually partisan hack trolls will have their fun and make jokes about cold weather debunking global "warming"... it's time to flush these retards and corporate shills.

I've not heard anyone say carbon monoxide is perfectly safe. In fact, it is quite dangerous, very unlike its benign cousin, carbon dioxide.

The warmists have it all sewed up. If it rains, doesn't rain, gets cold, gets hot, earthquake, volcano eruption, meteorite strike, it's all climate change because none of those things ever happened before in the history of the world.

That and they keep getting caught fudging the data.

And just so you know this isnt even close to the most rain we've ever received.

Just so you know, this has never happened before.

That's what UNPRECEDENTED means.

This is an unnatural weather event outside the scope of normal regional climate.

Please try to find it in your heart to actually give a damn about children dying because of your selfish anti-science b.s.

Again...go suck a bag of dicks.
And no this isnt even close to the most rain we've ever received.
Alvin Texas received 43 inches of rain in 24 hours back in 79..so no this isn't even close.

"Did you hear about the flood in Houston
It happened a long long time ago
Did you hear about the flood in Houston
It happened a long long time ago
There was thousands of people baby
They didn't have no place to go

Little children baby
You know they were screaming and crying
Little children baby
They were screaming and crying
Just trying to find their families
Trying to find their happy home

Little children were screaming and crying
I watched my brother as he lay dying"

Savoy Brown, circa 66, long before "Boosh" ruined the world.

seriously where ? The alarmist Al Bore said hurricanes would get worse after Katrina and sandy .. Well it's just the same trend

you left locusts off of your list of "unprecedented" plagues

n-FLOOD-large.jpg

I've not heard anyone say carbon monoxide is perfectly safe. In fact, it is quite dangerous, very unlike its benign cousin, carbon dioxide.

Idiots will post anything.

That one needs a good dose of CO.

No sane person refuses to believe in climate change, because it changes all the time. You're right, it's the perfect setup.

Who knew? Globull warming was taking place way back in 1889? Idiots

The Johnstown Flood - May 31 1889 - HISTORY.com

You realize we're talking about Houston, and the rain hasn't stopped.

Maybe you should reread the OP and make sure you know where you are.

Stop pissing on the graves of victims, okay honey.

Fuck off and keep your nose out of my states business. You fucken ghoul.

But send more federal money ...

:rolleyes:

"storms, the earthquakes, the droughts, the floods"

Has been happening for centuries so why do you think any of it is "unprecedented"?

Do you own a dictionary?

Look up the word "unprecedented" -- then get back to us.

"never done or known before"

Storm, earthquakes, droughts and floods have all been done throughout earth's history.

Do you have a brain?

Find one ---- then get back to us.

Yeah your heart goes out to them but not so much as to not use a weather related tragedy to spread your partisan brand of hate.

Once again: You choose to deny science. This is not a "weather related tragedy" alone although I can't say whether it is or not. I am not a scientist.

What the scientists are saying is our climate globally is changing in fundamental ways. Remeber the science is always true whether you believe it or not.

Once again I hope you will wake up from your Fucks Nuse slumber party and learn the consequences of your own actions. CO2 in the atmosphere is not a laughing matter.

The climate has been changing for 4.5 billion years. If you are trying to say that climate changed is caused by man, that is what is the debate. What I see among scientists is a conflict on the subject and a lot of politics. Why is the US the focus when it comes to the topic? Why did the University of Anglia falsify its data? Why did Switzerland recently leave out data in its findings? Why aren't the proponents and leaders leading by their own example when it comes to what they say is an abuse of carbon?

Beat up Fox all you want. they did not make up the facts I sited. CBS and NBC are the heads in that category.

Yeah your heart goes out to them but not so much as to not use a weather related tragedy to spread your partisan brand of hate.

Once again: You choose to deny science. This is not a "weather related tragedy" alone although I can't say whether it is or not. I am not a scientist.

What the scientists are saying is our climate globally is changing in fundamental ways. Remeber the science is always true whether you believe it or not.

Once again I hope you will wake up from your Fucks Nuse slumber party and learn the consequences of your own actions. CO2 in the atmosphere is not a laughing matter.

The climate has been changing for 4.5 billion years. If you are trying to say that climate changed is caused by man, that is what is the debate. What I see among scientists is a conflict on the subject and a lot of politics. Why is the US the focus when it comes to the topic? Why did the University of Anglia falsify its data? Why did Switzerland recently leave out data in its findings? Why aren't the proponents and leaders leading by their own example when it comes to what they say is an abuse of carbon?

Beat up Fox all you want. they did not make up the facts I sited. CBS and NBC are the heads in that category.
Alley Oop heating his cave killed the dinosaurs, ya' know.

In the 70's scientist said we were heading toward an ice age. There were huh.... wrong then. Why should we think they are right now?
better gadgetry...

In March 2000, for example, “senior research scientist” David Viner, working at the time for the Climatic Research Unit (CRU) at the University of East Anglia, told the U.K. Independent that within “a few years,” snowfall would become “a very rare and exciting event” in Britain. “Children just aren’t going to know what snow is,” he was quoted as claiming in the article, headlined “Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past.”

The very next year, snowfall across the United Kingdom increased by more than 50 percent. In 2008, perfectly timed for a “global warming” legislation debate in Parliament, London saw its first October snow since 1934 — or possibly even 1922, according to the U.K. Register. “It is unusual to have snow this early,” a spokesperson for the alarmist U.K. Met office admitted to The Guardian newspaper. By December of 2009, London saw its heaviest levels of snowfall in two decades. In 2010, the coldest U.K. winter since records began a century ago blanketed the islands with snow.

Perhaps nowhere have the alarmists’ predictions been proven as wrong as at the Earth’s poles. In 2007, 2008, and 2009, Al Gore, the high priest for a movement described by critics as the “climate cult,” publicly warned that the North Pole would be “ice-free” in the summer by around 2013 because of alleged “man-made global warming.”
Speaking to an audience in Germany five years ago, Gore — sometimes ridiculed as “The Goracle” — alleged that “the entire North Polarized [sic] cap will disappear in five years.” “Five years,” Gore said again, in case anybody missed it the first time, is “the period of time during which it is now expected to disappear.”
The following year, Gore made similar claims at a UN “climate” summit in Copenhagen. “Some of the models … suggest that there is a 75 percent chance that the entire north polar ice cap, during some of the summer months, could be completely ice-free within the next five to seven years,” Gore claimed in 2009. “We will find out.”

Embarrassing Predictions Haunt the Global-Warming Industry

Face it moonface, scientist have been wrong more times than right.

Hell, the local weather man can't be accurate more than half the damn time. SMH
Weather is a radical, very hard to predict..

In the 70's scientist said we were heading toward an ice age. There were huh.... wrong then. Why should we think they are right now?
better gadgetry...

In March 2000, for example, “senior research scientist” David Viner, working at the time for the Climatic Research Unit (CRU) at the University of East Anglia, told the U.K. Independent that within “a few years,” snowfall would become “a very rare and exciting event” in Britain. “Children just aren’t going to know what snow is,” he was quoted as claiming in the article, headlined “Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past.”

The very next year, snowfall across the United Kingdom increased by more than 50 percent. In 2008, perfectly timed for a “global warming” legislation debate in Parliament, London saw its first October snow since 1934 — or possibly even 1922, according to the U.K. Register. “It is unusual to have snow this early,” a spokesperson for the alarmist U.K. Met office admitted to The Guardian newspaper. By December of 2009, London saw its heaviest levels of snowfall in two decades. In 2010, the coldest U.K. winter since records began a century ago blanketed the islands with snow.

Perhaps nowhere have the alarmists’ predictions been proven as wrong as at the Earth’s poles. In 2007, 2008, and 2009, Al Gore, the high priest for a movement described by critics as the “climate cult,” publicly warned that the North Pole would be “ice-free” in the summer by around 2013 because of alleged “man-made global warming.”
Speaking to an audience in Germany five years ago, Gore — sometimes ridiculed as “The Goracle” — alleged that “the entire North Polarized [sic] cap will disappear in five years.” “Five years,” Gore said again, in case anybody missed it the first time, is “the period of time during which it is now expected to disappear.”
The following year, Gore made similar claims at a UN “climate” summit in Copenhagen. “Some of the models … suggest that there is a 75 percent chance that the entire north polar ice cap, during some of the summer months, could be completely ice-free within the next five to seven years,” Gore claimed in 2009. “We will find out.”

Embarrassing Predictions Haunt the Global-Warming Industry

Face it moonface, scientist have been wrong more times than right.

Hell, the local weather man can't be accurate more than half the damn time. SMH
Weather is a radical, very hard to predict..

Weather and CLIMATE are different.

Climate was not hard to predict until recently.

Forum List

Back