Zone1 My son had one of those Genealogy research things done

the watcher

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2016
and it was pretty much same that his sister's said. He just retired from the Navy and has 2 15 year old twin girls. One of them said, Meh, and the other one said "there's a lot of white in that". I'm not sure what she was expecting.

and it was pretty much same that his sister's said. He just retired from the Navy and has 2 15 year old twin girls. One of them said, Meh, and the other one said "there's a lot of white in that". I'm not sure what she was expecting.
Probably hoping to see some % of Native American. That's the family tales passed down from generation to generation. Great, Great, Great Grandma was 1/2 Cherokee....but it's usually a family urban legend. :)
Just a whole lot of white.

Probably hoping to see some % of Native American. That's the family tales passed down from generation to generation. Great, Great, Great Grandma was 1/2 Cherokee....but it's usually a family urban legend. :)
Just a whole lot of white.
As it should be

Mine was not much of a surprise. My mother is from Singapore and my father's side of the family is Irish / Italian, so that's how things pretty much broke out when I did 23 and Me, but there was like .3% Ashkenazi Jewish that caught me by surprise.

Those ancestry DNA kits aren't really accurate
It depends...some are better than others.

The best thing to do is get the raw data download of your DNA. With that you can have a LOT of things done....like a better, more accurate, genealogy of ancestors. Also information on DNA research on your snips as to what these snips really mean....potential health risks, more tailored exercise and diet strategies...things to avoid and things you don't have to avoid and by some standards even abuse. (I can abuse caffeine without any harm) and even potential vitamin deficiencies.

DNA research is to the point that even an embryo can be tested and a complete lifetime CGI can be made of the child into adulthood including potential health, intelligence capabilities, and preferences.

People think race is a just a social construct so they don't understand DNA results.

My son had one of those Genealogy research things done

Isn't that kind of a given?
Not really....
It's almost like Russian roulette in some homes. Full sisters and brothers find out they are only half siblings...some siblings finding out they aren't even related....and then the networking reveals unknown half siblings and aunts and uncles
out there in the world.
Been a lot of surprises...known many who got surprised.

Not really....
It's almost like Russian roulette in some homes. Full sisters and brothers find out they are only half siblings...some siblings finding out they aren't even related....and then the networking reveals unknown half siblings and aunts and uncles
out there in the world.
Been a lot of surprises...known many who got surprised.
I don't live in the Jerry Springer world.

I don't live in the Jerry Springer world.
And that's a really good thing.

Many people didn't think they did either.

Thought mom and dad were really stable normal boring people who never would do such a thing.

Then the DNA tests proved otherwise.

Stuff happens and people be people-ing.

My mother in-law discovered she had a half brother she never knew about. I’m not exactly sure how that discovery worked but it stemmed from one of those dna tests,

Forum List

Back