Texas getting a tragic lesson in Climate Change science

Floodwaters Deepen After Storms Dump Another Foot Of Rain In Houston Area

My heart goes out to the families and victims of another climate disaster. We are sitting in our garage with the car running and wondering why people are dying--while GOP partisans say CO is perfectly safe.

n-FLOOD-large.jpg

HOUSTON (AP) — Floodwaters deepened across much of Texas on Tuesday as storms dumped almost a foot more of rain on the Houston area, stranding hundreds of motorists and inundating the famously congested highways that serve the nation's fourth-largest city.

Meanwhile, the search went on for about a dozen people who were still missing, including a group that disappeared after a vacation home was swept down a river and slammed into a bridge.

Several more fatalities were reported — four in Houston and four more in Central Texas. That brought to 17 the number of people killed by the holiday weekend storms in Texas and Oklahoma.

Similar search efforts unfolded just south of the Texas-Mexico border, where crews tried to track down the missing and assessed damage in the city of Ciudad Acuna after a tornado killed 13 people Monday.

I'm sure the usually partisan hack trolls will have their fun and make jokes about cold weather debunking global "warming"... it's time to flush these retards and corporate shills.

Try to show some compassion, people are dying.

One things for certain. The long running droughts over. And than some. ;)

How is it climate change when it has flooded Texass many times before the industrial era?

Climate change has nothing to do with this.

I've seen heavy rain storms settle in over Houston in the past. Hells bells, they spent more time pumping water back when they were building I-10 through town then in actual road construction. And the same is true for when they were building cross town & loop freeways which took many years to construct.

How is it climate change when it has flooded Texass many times before the industrial era?

I've seen heavy rain storms settle in over Houston in the past. Hells bells, they spent more time pumping water back when they were building I-10 through town then in actual road construction. And the same is true for when they were building cross town & loop freeways which took many years to construct.
I almost went to the Univ. of Houston....but figured it was too hot....

I almost went to the Univ. of Houston....but figured it was too hot....

Yup. Hot and humid.

Forum List

Back