Summer vacation Obama style versus George Bush

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
As the weather heats up in Washington, DC, the Obamas as planning their summer vacation.
Inside the Obamas' $12m summer vacation spot:
Seven bedrooms, a tennis court, an infinity pool and a manicurist on call

The Boston Herald reports that President Barack Obama, first lady Michelle and daughters Sasha and Malia will be staying on Martha's Vineyard from August 8-23.

The Obamas have spent almost every single summer on the tony island off the coast of Massachusetts' Cape Cod except for 2012 - when the president was running for re-election.

Continuing yet another tradition of their annual retreat, the Obamas are also expected to stay at the same $12 million 'cottage' in Chilmark they rented last year.

Screen Shot 2015-07-07 at 7.40.52 AM.png

President Barack Obama will spend summer vacation on Martha s Vineyard Daily Mail Online

On the other hand Bush spent 381 days at his HOME in Crawford,Tx
On Aug. 8,2014 the day before Obama left for Martha’s Vineyard, Knoller tweeted that Obama had spent 125 full or partial days on vacation, and at the same point in Bush’s presidency, he had spent 381 days at his Texas ranch plus 26 days at his parents’ home in Kennebunkport, Maine, for a total of 407.
Screen Shot 2015-07-07 at 7.47.31 AM.png

Which president best illustrates the appearance of what a "for the people", a "brother's keeper" mentality, a President that understands perceptions and the American Tax payers money?
Which President decided his vacations would be better at his primary home where the President can
lead a life like most Americans, working and playing at HOME?

Presidential Vacations

I really don't give a fuck what they do with their time...
I'm sure you don't because YOU are a FFO.
They earned their position...And the president never gave a damn what I did on my leave time in the Army...I don't care what any president does with his earned time off...See when you have a job, you get time off from it......maybe you should get one....

Did you tell the liberals that when they kept criticizing W for it? Maybe you didn't participate, but it's sure like you to chime in with this sort of comments with Republicans and remain silent as a church mouse for the Democrats over the same comments

W.H. reporter reflects on how George Bush was ‘Santa,’ Obama is ‘Scrooge’ at Christmas

Washington Times political reporter Joseph Curl reflected on the days he worked as a White House correspondent
under a more unselfish president.

Curl re-published a column from last December as a reminder of the contrast between President Obama and George W. Bush, whom he fondly remembers as “Santa,” for being so considerate to the hundreds of people affected by his every move.

Curl said in his column:

But here’s the thing: In December, we never left Washington, D.C., until the day after Christmas.
Never. Mr. Bush and his wife, Laura, would always depart the White House a few days before the holiday and hunker down at Camp David, the presidential retreat in Maryland. After a few years, I asked a low-level White House staffer why.

I still remember what she said: “So all of us can be with our families on Christmas.”

It was no small thing to Curl, who was in his 30s with 2 small children, 6 and 8.
If reporters were stuck on duty during the season, Bush offered an affordable way for families to be together by charging only $100 per family member for travel on a dedicated press plane, Curl said.
But the one-day delay on Christmas week was a gift Curl says he will never, ever forget.
“I was home for eight Christmas mornings, playing Santa, stoking the fire, mixing up hot chocolates,” he said.

Not surprisingly, the narcissist that America elected into office to follow Bush didn’t see the importance of the tradition.
Here is how Curl put it:

All that has changed with President Obama. No more press plane, for one. Reporters are on their own — so taking family is, say, $1,000 a pop. Not likely. And this president would never delay his trip to his island getaway. He’s off every year well before Christmas. Hundreds and hundreds head off with him, leaving family behind.
No Christmas at home. Instead, the Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort. Nice, but not exactly home.
Lots of things have changed. I’ll bet even the libs are missing Bush right now.

W.H. reporter reflects on how George Bush was Santa Obama is Scrooge at Christmas BizPac Review

Unselfish, non-narcissistic President versus Obama!

Here we go again.

Its okay for past presidents to go on vacation. Its okay for past presidents to spend much more money on vacation and to take much longer vacations.

But not the Obama's.

They earned their position...And the president never gave a damn what I did on my leave time in the Army...I don't care what any president does with his earned time off...See when you have a job, you get time off from it......maybe you should get one....

I care if the prick constantly tells me he needs more money every time something goes wrong, yet continues to cost us more than 5 times the British royal family combined on his personal upkeep.

I hope the obama's have a blast.

As to Dubya, it would have been hugely disrespectful for him to take a big vacation while sending thousands of Americans to their deaths.

Yeah...weekends included.

Oh....and Obama has presided over the deaths of as many troops and civilians as Bush. Nevermind all of the folks he helped kill in the ME since the Arab Spring.

I care if the prick constantly tells me he needs more money every time something goes wrong, yet continues to cost us more than 5 times the British royal family combined on his personal upkeep.

:link::link::link::link::link::link::link::link::link:

Of course NO President gave a damn what you did. They didn't pay for it... tax payers do.
Just as we pay for Obama's vacations at extravagant resorts which AGAIN frankly I wouldn't care BUT this totally two faced hypocrite blames the "wealthy" the 1%ers for income disparity and HE FLAUNTS the say life style BUT on other peoples' money!
That's why YOU are a FFO which is this:
Fool people like you ONCE i.e. elect Obama first time SHAME on Obama as he lied to you and you were ignorant about it but again Shame on Obama...BUT when you voted for him again?? Shame on you! Because NOW it proves you are a
FOOL FOR OBAMA...FFO!
You believe Obama is "for the people"... His Brother's keeper YET you totally ignore the hypocrite when Obama stays at places other then his home in Chicago! Why? He has been there less the 7 times when he promised voters he'd be back to Chicago "every 3 to 6 weeks"!

President Obama spends our money on himself

:link::link::link::link::link::link::link::link::link:
To what? More importantly YOU NEVER EVER link! You jump off on hyperbolic, rants with nary a source!
I've provided ALL the sources for the above comments!!!!

A) Bush spent almost ALL those "vacation days" at his HOME! Paid for by Bush! NOT some million dollar posh resort with swimming pools, tennis courts,etc... But Bush's HOME!
Obama?? spent zero days of his vacation time in Chicago! Why?
Certainly doesn't reflect his "for the poor" "truth to justice"... etc. crap hatred of the life stye HE Spends taxpayers' money to live! Totally a hypocrite!
B) The vast majority of the "days out of session" were spent IN THE CONGRESS members HOMEs in their states!
NOT spent flitting around the world staying at posh resorts,etc. again the vast majority were at their HOMES!

Of course NO President gave a damn what you did. They didn't pay for it... tax payers do.
Just as we pay for Obama's vacations at extravagant resorts which AGAIN frankly I wouldn't care BUT this totally two faced hypocrite blames the "wealthy" the 1%ers for income disparity and HE FLAUNTS the say life style BUT on other peoples' money!
That's why YOU are a FFO which is this:
Fool people like you ONCE i.e. elect Obama first time SHAME on Obama as he lied to you and you were ignorant about it but again Shame on Obama...BUT when you voted for him again?? Shame on you! Because NOW it proves you are a
FOOL FOR OBAMA...FFO!
You believe Obama is "for the people"... His Brother's keeper YET you totally ignore the hypocrite when Obama stays at places other then his home in Chicago! Why? He has been there less the 7 times when he promised voters he'd be back to Chicago "every 3 to 6 weeks"!

President Obama spends our money on himself

His home in Chicago isn't up to his current standards.

No more million dollar homes for Obama.

Now it's $40 million dollar beach front properties or nothing at all.

I heard Obama has no plans of moving back to that shithole in Chicago. The house will be sold soon. He's only keeping it to fuck with the Jewish Synagogue across the street. As long as Obama owns his Chicago home the patrons have to go through Secret Service screening before services.

As the weather heats up in Washington, DC, the Obamas as planning their summer vacation.
Inside the Obamas' $12m summer vacation spot:
Seven bedrooms, a tennis court, an infinity pool and a manicurist on call

The Boston Herald reports that President Barack Obama, first lady Michelle and daughters Sasha and Malia will be staying on Martha's Vineyard from August 8-23.

The Obamas have spent almost every single summer on the tony island off the coast of Massachusetts' Cape Cod except for 2012 - when the president was running for re-election.

Continuing yet another tradition of their annual retreat, the Obamas are also expected to stay at the same $12 million 'cottage' in Chilmark they rented last year.

View attachment 44004

President Barack Obama will spend summer vacation on Martha s Vineyard Daily Mail Online

On the other hand Bush spent 381 days at his HOME in Crawford,Tx
On Aug. 8,2014 the day before Obama left for Martha’s Vineyard, Knoller tweeted that Obama had spent 125 full or partial days on vacation, and at the same point in Bush’s presidency, he had spent 381 days at his Texas ranch plus 26 days at his parents’ home in Kennebunkport, Maine, for a total of 407.
View attachment 44005
Which president best illustrates the appearance of what a "for the people", a "brother's keeper" mentality, a President that understands perceptions and the American Tax payers money?
Which President decided his vacations would be better at his primary home where the President can
lead a life like most Americans, working and playing at HOME?

Presidential Vacations

407 vacation days for Bush vs 125 for Obama

I'll take the 125....who cares where he vacations?

125 days vacation? I have taken more than that in the last 7 years

New Topics

Forum List

Back