Summer vacation Obama style versus George Bush

I really don't give a fuck what they do with their time...
I'm sure you don't because YOU are a FFO.
They earned their position...And the president never gave a damn what I did on my leave time in the Army...I don't care what any president does with his earned time off...See when you have a job, you get time off from it......maybe you should get one....

I care if the prick constantly tells me he needs more money every time something goes wrong, yet continues to cost us more than 5 times the British royal family combined on his personal upkeep.

The US has five times the population. Seems fair.

Here's the big problem. The US and its warring. This means the president is always a big threat. Therefore it costs more.

Who'd have thought that an extra cost of the Iraq war, the Afghan war, and all the other meddling the US has done in the last 70 years or so in that region would come back on holiday expenses for the President.

You reap what you sow.

As the weather heats up in Washington, DC, the Obamas as planning their summer vacation.
Inside the Obamas' $12m summer vacation spot:
Seven bedrooms, a tennis court, an infinity pool and a manicurist on call

The Boston Herald reports that President Barack Obama, first lady Michelle and daughters Sasha and Malia will be staying on Martha's Vineyard from August 8-23.

The Obamas have spent almost every single summer on the tony island off the coast of Massachusetts' Cape Cod except for 2012 - when the president was running for re-election.

Continuing yet another tradition of their annual retreat, the Obamas are also expected to stay at the same $12 million 'cottage' in Chilmark they rented last year.

View attachment 44004

President Barack Obama will spend summer vacation on Martha s Vineyard Daily Mail Online

On the other hand Bush spent 381 days at his HOME in Crawford,Tx
On Aug. 8,2014 the day before Obama left for Martha’s Vineyard, Knoller tweeted that Obama had spent 125 full or partial days on vacation, and at the same point in Bush’s presidency, he had spent 381 days at his Texas ranch plus 26 days at his parents’ home in Kennebunkport, Maine, for a total of 407.
View attachment 44005
Which president best illustrates the appearance of what a "for the people", a "brother's keeper" mentality, a President that understands perceptions and the American Tax payers money?
Which President decided his vacations would be better at his primary home where the President can
lead a life like most Americans, working and playing at HOME?

Presidential Vacations

407 vacation days for Bush vs 125 for Obama

I'll take the 125....who cares where he vacations?

125 days vacation? I have taken more than that in the last 7 years

At vacation resorts...versus at little cost to tax payers as the 407 vacation days at Bush's HOME!
Not some palatial posh playground! What kind of image is that for a "president for the people"!
That to me is so hypocritical and more so dumb on people's part like YOU who don't seem to be able to SEE the gross distinction!
Do you go on vacation to YOUR home when YOU have a vacation from your job?
Bush went HOME! Worked from HOME. didn't go to a palatial party resort that costs millions plus WHICH President seems more
like most Americans? A president who WORKS from HOME or a President playing golf at $170 a round, tennis courts and posh party attending!

YOU really are a FFO!

As the weather heats up in Washington, DC, the Obamas as planning their summer vacation.

The Boston Herald reports that President Barack Obama, first lady Michelle and daughters Sasha and Malia will be staying on Martha's Vineyard from August 8-23.

The Obamas have spent almost every single summer on the tony island off the coast of Massachusetts' Cape Cod except for 2012 - when the president was running for re-election.

Continuing yet another tradition of their annual retreat, the Obamas are also expected to stay at the same $12 million 'cottage' in Chilmark they rented last year.

View attachment 44004

President Barack Obama will spend summer vacation on Martha s Vineyard Daily Mail Online

On Aug. 8,2014 the day before Obama left for Martha’s Vineyard, Knoller tweeted that Obama had spent 125 full or partial days on vacation, and at the same point in Bush’s presidency, he had spent 381 days at his Texas ranch plus 26 days at his parents’ home in Kennebunkport, Maine, for a total of 407.
View attachment 44005
Which president best illustrates the appearance of what a "for the people", a "brother's keeper" mentality, a President that understands perceptions and the American Tax payers money?
Which President decided his vacations would be better at his primary home where the President can

Presidential Vacations

At vacation resorts...versus at little cost to tax payers as the 407 vacation days at Bush's HOME!
Not some palatial posh playground! What kind of image is that for a "president for the people"!
That to me is so hypocritical and more so dumb on people's part like YOU who don't seem to be able to SEE the gross distinction!
Bush went HOME! Worked from HOME. didn't go to a palatial party resort that costs millions plus WHICH President seems more
like most Americans? A president who WORKS from HOME or a President playing golf at $170 a round, tennis courts and posh party attending!

YOU really are a FFO!

I don't care where he vacations....Obama pays for it

Not every President can afford family compounds in Texas and Maine. Vacation is still vacation, a time to get away from the job and spend time with your family. Nobody vacationed like George Bush did....407 days? Are you kidding me?

How many reporters who go home at the end of the day are going on vacation?
So this biased reporting of Bush going on "Vacation" 405 days... 301 were spent at his HOME....!
Again do reporters when they are on vacation count the days they go "home" as vacation days?
But NOT one of the below mentioned numbers account for the fact Bush was going to his HOME. Home he paid for not taxpayer funded resorts!

Screen Shot 2015-07-07 at 9.22.37 AM.png

I really don't give a fuck what they do with their time...
I'm sure you don't because YOU are a FFO.
They earned their position...And the president never gave a damn what I did on my leave time in the Army...I don't care what any president does with his earned time off...See when you have a job, you get time off from it......maybe you should get one....

I care if the prick constantly tells me he needs more money every time something goes wrong, yet continues to cost us more than 5 times the British royal family combined on his personal upkeep.

The US has five times the population. Seems fair.

Here's the big problem. The US and its warring. This means the president is always a big threat. Therefore it costs more.

Who'd have thought that an extra cost of the Iraq war, the Afghan war, and all the other meddling the US has done in the last 70 years or so in that region would come back on holiday expenses for the President.

You reap what you sow.
You're confused.

This isn't Defense spending.

This is travel expenses.....food.....clothes.....extra security for unnecessary trips to Vegas and Palm Springs to golf....Martha's Vineyard.....Hawaii.....Spain......China.....They always wanted to see China. Million dollar parties with famous musical guests. Fundraisers.

$4,200,000,000.00 / yr as of 2010.

Probably higher now.

View attachment 44004

View attachment 44005

Presidential Vacations

YOU really are a FFO!

Not every President can afford family compounds in Texas and Maine. Vacation is still vacation, a time to get away from the job and spend time with your family. Nobody vacationed like George Bush did....407 days? Are you kidding me?

So going "HOME" as Bush did to Crawford ranch is a vacation? Do you go "HOME" when you go on vacation?

Let's also contrast how Obama goes on lavish Christmas vacations, dragging Secret Service and staff away from their families, unlike Reagan and the Bushes.

View attachment 44004

View attachment 44005

Presidential Vacations
You know how Bush was able to afford that "home"? Ask the people who were forced to sell out when his sports team wanted to build a stadium. Ask why he was investigated by the SEC until Daddy stepped in and saved him.

Funny how Republicans seem to know so much about Clinton and Obama, but know absolutely nothing about their own politicians. Why is that?

Let's also contrast how Obama goes on lavish Christmas vacations, dragging Secret Service and staff away from their families, unlike Reagan and the Bushes.
They have to station the 7th Fleet off of the coast of Hawaii every time he goes home. Thousands of sailors away from home for the holidays thanks to this inconsiderate prick.

He can do what he wants. Sadly, we're the ones paying for his vacation.

Yup. We the taxpayers foot the bill for his vacation. I have no problem with the POTUS taking a vacation but one would think he'd try to curtail the expense somewhat.

This is the same family, sans the POTUS, that took vacations to China, Spain and England. They could care less that the economy was in the tank and UE was astronomical. Nothing got in the way of those vacations at our expense.

One would think a POTUS and family would be aware of the expense that we taxpayers will foot the bill for.

Oh wait. I forgot. This guy could care less about the taxpayers. Never mind.

They have to station the 7th Fleet off of the coast of Hawaii every time he goes home. Thousands of sailors away from home for the holidays thanks to this inconsiderate prick.

Narcissists make terrible presidents, but very effective dictators.

View attachment 44004

View attachment 44005

Presidential Vacations

YOU really are a FFO!

And, as we all know, Repub of Dem, no president ever really gets away from his job.

BTW, GW continues to cost the taxpayers more than any other ex-president.

The only complaint to have about 'W's vacations is that he didn't just stay permanently on vacation.

Lame and pathetic. Both of you assholes.

Lame and pathetic. Both of you assholes.

Go away, moron. You have committed the worst offense: You are boring.

View attachment 44004

View attachment 44005

Presidential Vacations
You know how Bush was able to afford that "home"? Ask the people who were forced to sell out when his sports team wanted to build a stadium. Ask why he was investigated by the SEC until Daddy stepped in and saved him.

Funny how Republicans seem to know so much about Clinton and Obama, but know absolutely nothing about their own politicians. Why is that?

"Ask the people who were forced to sell when building a stadium"....

"His sarcasm is warranted. In the modern era, professional teams have typically relied on taxpayer dollars to build glitzy new stadiums and arenas, often threatening or pursuing eminent domain action to cheaply clear out anyone who stood in the way. According to a May 2005 article in Reason magazine, "Sports economists estimate that half of the post-1990 stadium and arena construction has involved eminent domain - and even when it wasn't invoked, it was understood that condemnation could be a last resort if the teams encountered stubborn landowners."

In recent years, franchises such as the Dallas Cowboys, Indianapolis Colts, Minnesota Twins, Washington Nationals, and New Jersey Nets have all at least raised the prospect of using eminent domain to expedite their stadium and arena plans. But the practice has a long pedigree. In the 1950s, shortly after the Supreme Court upheld Fifth Amendment property takings designed to eliminate "blight," Pittsburgh invoked eminent domain to build Civic Arena (now called Mellon Arena). This meant bulldozing an African-American neighborhood known as the Lower Hill District. When George W. Bush owned the Texas Rangers, the city of Arlington exercised eminent domain to build a new ballpark. (Liberal columnist Nicholas Kristof later decried it as "a sordid tale of cronyism, of misuse of power, of cozy backroom money-grubbing.")

Stadium Scams - CBS News

You're confused.

This isn't Defense spending.

This is travel expenses.....food.....clothes.....extra security for unnecessary trips to Vegas and Palm Springs to golf....Martha's Vineyard.....Hawaii.....Spain......China.....They always wanted to see China. Million dollar parties with famous musical guests. Fundraisers.

$4,200,000,000.00 / yr as of 2010.

Probably higher now.

No, not confused.

I know what it is. I'm talking about the extra security that is needed here, for a guy who inherits the threat of being killed by about 3 billion people.

Spain and China are part of the job, that's what the executive does, he goes speak to people in other countries. Every president does it, or at least should. Bush did it. Obama did it. Shock horror.

Holidays are holidays. Presidents get them too. However they do need security still. Costs you money. How much does Bush cost in security these days?

George Dubya Bush gets paid $201,700 a year to be ex-president.
Obama will also be paid this, or the equivalent, Clinton and Bush Senior and Carter also get this. So that's $800,000 just to have ex-presidents.

They can also get treated in military hospitals, and some travel perks on "official business" as a representative of the USA.

They also get life time security protection. So, complaining about Obama going on holiday, what about Bush, Bush, Clinton AND Carter, they all go on holiday too.

View attachment 44004

View attachment 44005

Presidential Vacations

YOU really are a FFO!

So going "HOME" as Bush did to Crawford ranch is a vacation? Do you go "HOME" when you go on vacation?

Bush could have gone anywhere he pleased. He often visited his family compound in Kennebunkport too

Vacation is still vacation and 407 days in six years is some vacation

Obama 20 days per year
Bush 68 days per year

I'd prefer my President on the job

Forum List

Back