Does character, honesty and integrity matter in a President?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
If so, then why should I or anyone vote for Hillary? She is by far the most corrupt, non-transparent, dishonest figure in American Politics. She has demonstrated this over many years in the public eye. Don't tell me about the clowns running for the GOP, that is typical Liberal distraction. Simply tell me why it's fine to elect a clearly corrupt person for President because that is exactly what you Liberals are trying to do.

If so, then why should I or anyone vote for Hillary? She is by far the most corrupt, non-transparent, dishonest figure in American Politics. She has demonstrated this over many years in the public eye. Don't tell me about the clowns running for the GOP, that is typical Liberal distraction. Simply tell me why it's fine to elect a clearly corrupt person for President because that is exactly what you Liberals are trying to do.
Well, to answer the threads question, not really.

It's far more about amount of campaign contributions received, promises made, playing to the base, coalitions, opposition research and shallow sloganeering.

Hasn't so far. :)

So.... you're not going to vote for anyone?

"Does character, honesty and integrity matter in a President?"
Absolutely not! It is sad but true. Look at the political field also.

So.... you're not going to vote for anyone?
...for the lesser evil but it is still evil :puke:

Those are her credentials, not something that will keep her from the Oval Orifice.

Whoever raises the most money and support from the top 1% wins.

Why is this so hard to grasp?

Hillary will win.

Serious question: Was Obama elected? Was Clinton elected? Were both Bushes elected? .... FYI - The voters don't give a damn about honesty and integrity. The voters are die hard supporters of "political party". Democrats vote for Democrats, and Republicans vote for Republicans. Voters will vote for anyone running as their party's candidate. Look at past history. ...... FYI - Honesty and politics mix like water and oil. Politics is a game, a cruel game played against this nation and her citizens. " ALL " professional politicians are the same, no difference. They all play politics. They're all egotistical self-serving power hungry anti-America jerks. Just curious, have you followed the path of this once great nation over the past half century?

It's only this way because the American People allow it to be this way.
If people really cared, they would take a stand.
As long as our lives are comfy, no one is going to do anything drastic.... but it will be too late...... like a house of cards.....

Serious question: Was Obama elected? Was Clinton elected? Were both Bushes elected? .... FYI - The voters don't give a damn about honesty and integrity. The voters are die hard supporters of "political party". Democrats vote for Democrats, and Republicans vote for Republicans. Voters will vote for anyone running as their party's candidate. Look at past history. ...... FYI - Honesty and politics mix like water and oil. Politics is a game, a cruel game played against this nation and her citizens. " ALL " professional politicians are the same, no difference. They all play politics. They're all egotistical self-serving power hungry anti-America jerks. Just curious, have you followed the path of this once great nation over the past half century?

Not quite true. They do care. We will never elect anyone who is honest with us. We absolutely insist that the candidates tell us the lies we want to hear. If anyone ever did tell the truth, they would come in dead last.

Sorry to say it but, Hell No.

Its the guy with the most money who's the best liar who's elected.

The willfully blind retards of both parties deserve to be lied to.

It's why I don't vote. Neither party is worth a shit. My vote has to be earned, which is a concept completely alien to the "lesser of two evil" retard voters. When you vote for the lesser of two evils, you are still voting for evil. What's more, you are telling evil he/she is doing something right.

When you vote for the lesser of two evils, you get more and more evil choices.

We get the government we deserve.

Don't tell me about the clowns running for the GOP, that is typical Liberal distraction.

You know, this is one of the biggest parts of the problem. People with your attitude are destroying our country. You don't want to clean up your side of the street. You want to point out the mote in your neighbor's eye while ignoring the beam in your own.

Fuck you.

Sorry to say, the culture does not evolve (improve), it devolves, continuously. The expression, "defining deviancy down" comes to mind.

When "we" elected Bill Clinton, the issue of character was forever put to bed. The "Greatest Generation" had a collective heart attack when we elected a draft dodger - not only someone who dodged the draft, but left a paper trail of lies and arrogant correspondence to boot. His follies with various women were just a matter of the Press being more willing to publish them than they were at the time of JFK's escapades, so maybe they weren't important.

But "we" elected a known dirt-bag, against whom any future candidate would surely hurdle the low bar of "no worse than Bill Clinton."

Honestly, is HRC any more tainted now that WRC was when he was running in his first general election? I don't think so.

If you want a President with character, honesty, and integrity, you have to have some yourself. You have to stop tolerating the lying and dishonesty and hypocrisy emanating from your own camp.

Let the other party be dishonest. Dishonest people are easy to defeat. All you have to do is provide superior solutions and be able to logically defend them, and have the backbone to do it.

If you are getting your ass kicked by a total sleaze ball, it says a lot about you.

New Topics

Forum List

Back