Study of Tea Party signs, finds vast Majority not racists.

Discussion in 'Tea Party' started by Charles_Main, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    About those ‘racist’ tea-party signs? Yeah, not so much

Like we have been saying all along, the VAST MAJORITY of tea Party activists are About lowering spending, and taxes and Limited Government. Not racism. Despite the Liberal media Narrative.

About those ‘racist’ tea-party signs? Yeah, not so much | Kyle Wingfield
    UCLA study: Most tea party signs not racist - National post-partisan | Examiner.com

2. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    You're gonna find a minority of racism within any group.... including the Democrats. Fact of life.... happily, there are fewer and fewer of them.

3. Revere

Revere BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +415
    There is no upside to getting sucked into "prove you don't beat your wife" bullshit.

4. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    Sure there is. When you have liberals repeatedly claiming the tea party is mostly Racist and it is reflected in their signs.

It is wise to sight an actual study of Tea Party signs that disproves their claims.

Since the liberals have yet to provide any evidence of their claims, I thought this study was relevant.

5. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,769
    You will take note that Madelying won't come anywhere near this post. :lol:

6. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Actually, the OP title is a lie. All the study does was examine 250 signs, no clue whether they were selectively picked or not. I assume there was a lot more than 250 signs at the rally that day.

Of course, the OP also decided to make the correlation that if someone doesn't carry around a racist sign then they must not be racist. What a illogical assumption.

7. Revere

Revere BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +415
    Oh, I think if there were more racist signs, sociologtists at UCLA would have found them.

8. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Actually, I usually find Maddie one of the most open posters, and one who genuinely likes to learn things. However, I find it disappointing that she seems to accept, without question, articles that are biased against the TEA Parties.

9. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    It is a small study sure but that does not change the facts of what she found. Do you question whether studies cherry picked all the time, or just when you do not like what the study says? This study was done by a grade student I doubt she would compromise her Grades to make a political Point. I think we can trust she conducted the study with integrity.

You just do not want to hear it. You have predetermined ideas about the Tea Party and No amount of proof will change your mind.

If I showed you a study of 1 million signs with the same result you would still say just because their signs are not racists does not mean they are not. :cuckoo:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  10. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    I'm merely using logic against your illogical posts. You're trying to use this very small and selective study as proof that the majority of the Tea Party Movement is not racist or has bigoted notions. I have no idea what you mean by "predetermined ideas" about the Tea Party. If you mean I had a opinion about the Tea Party coming in this thread, you bet I did. As did you, so the mud you're trying to sling at me can be slinged just as hard back at you.

If you showed me a study of a million signs, all you're doing is showing me a million signs. You're not showing me what people believe deep inside themselves. All you're showing me is what some people are willing to admit in public to others. Does that mean if the KKK doesn't march with any signs, that means they're not racist? According to you, they would in fact not be racist due to no racist signs.

I have found most of the racists in my life to be close-minded cowards who would likely never admit their bigoted thoughts to others. Never mind walk around with a sign visibly proclaiming it. I look at the internet as a good example of just how much racist (no matter what ideology or race) some people can be. People who you could consider be the kindest person in the world could be the biggest hate monger inside and you'd only see it on their posts online.