Study of Tea Party signs, finds vast Majority not racists.

If you showed me a study of a million signs, all you're doing is showing me a million signs. You're not showing me what people believe deep inside themselves.

So with this logic if they have signs that are racists. they are racist. If they do not have signs that are racists, they are still probably racists.

Instead of speculating why don't you take up the challenge and provide some proof.

lol

No what I am trying to do, Is provide some evidence is all. Something you guys do not do. You make all these claims about the Tea Parties Motivations with little proof.

So when I saw this study I thought it was worth sharing.

Nobody is denying there is no racism in the Tea Party. However your side wants to claims it is the Dominate factor with out any proof at all. Then when I try to share a small study as some evidence you attack me. To funny.

In this small study 53% of the signs were about Limited Federal government and spending.
only 5% were remotely Racist, and only 1% were birther signs.

I do not expect someone like you, who has repeatedly alleged the Movement is mainly about Racism to have your mind changed by this. I simply wanted to share this study with all the People who actually like to consider Evidence instead of just making speculative Accusations with out Evidence.

See, there you go again grouping me with this mythical "you guys" group. What claims have I made about the Tea Party motivations? Links? You want some people to stop making generalizations about the Tea Party while you make generalizations about others yourself. Surely you can see the hypocrisy in such a thing?

I don't have a "side", I am registered with no party. This will be my first election that I am in fact voting in. So while you can complain that you're supposedly being oppressed by me attacking you (which I'm not), reality of the situation is I'm just pointing out the illogical conclusions that you're jumping to with this thread.

All you wanted to do with this thread is simply reinforce your own view with others who hope to reinforce their own view. Threads that don't do such as thing don't get many responses as I have found through my own experiences.

See? There you go being dishonest again. You attack anything and everything that is not libturdspeak. And everybody knows it you need to "man up modbert" sorry Sharon, I had to do it.

If you showed me a study of a million signs, all you're doing is showing me a million signs. You're not showing me what people believe deep inside themselves.

So with this logic if they have signs that are racists. they are racist. If they do not have signs that are racists, they are still probably racists.

Instead of speculating why don't you take up the challenge and provide some proof.

lol

don't you love it? :lol:

No what I am trying to do, Is provide some evidence is all. Something you guys do not do. You make all these claims about the Tea Parties Motivations with little proof.

So when I saw this study I thought it was worth sharing.

Nobody is denying there is no racism in the Tea Party. However your side wants to claims it is the Dominate factor with out any proof at all. Then when I try to share a small study as some evidence you attack me. To funny.

In this small study 53% of the signs were about Limited Federal government and spending.
only 5% were remotely Racist, and only 1% were birther signs.

I do not expect someone like you, who has repeatedly alleged the Movement is mainly about Racism to have your mind changed by this. I simply wanted to share this study with all the People who actually like to consider Evidence instead of just making speculative Accusations with out Evidence.

See, there you go again grouping me with this mythical "you guys" group. What claims have I made about the Tea Party motivations? Links? You want some people to stop making generalizations about the Tea Party while you make generalizations about others yourself. Surely you can see the hypocrisy in such a thing?

I don't have a "side", I am registered with no party. This will be my first election that I am in fact voting in. So while you can complain that you're supposedly being oppressed by me attacking you (which I'm not), reality of the situation is I'm just pointing out the illogical conclusions that you're jumping to with this thread.

All you wanted to do with this thread is simply reinforce your own view with others who hope to reinforce their own view. Threads that don't do such as thing don't get many responses as I have found through my own experiences.

I have edited my post to not single you out and make any assumptions about you.

however it does seem so far on this thread that you must at least lean toward the idea they are mostly racists. why else would you be attacking a small attempt at providing some actual evidence like you are? You certainly seem to be siding with those who do make those claims right now.

Last edited:

lol

Actually, I never said if they don't have racist signs, they're still racist. That's one of your illogical assumptions about how I feel. In reality, all I'm saying is that simply because they're not carrying around racist signs does not mean they are not automatically racist. Otherwise, a signless KKK rally to you would not be racist. Like I said, racists I have found to be cowards. Cowards do not go out openly and proclaim their racism like you're looking for.

What kind of evidence do you want? Instead of making more illogical assumptions, why not read what I actually have to say?

lol

Actually, I never said if they don't have racist signs, they're still racist. That's one of your illogical assumptions about how I feel. In reality, all I'm saying is that simply because they're not carrying around racist signs does not mean they are not automatically racist. Otherwise, a signless KKK rally to you would not be racist. Like I said, racists I have found to be cowards. Cowards do not go out openly and proclaim their racism like you're looking for.

What kind of evidence do you want? Instead of making more illogical assumptions, why not read what I actually have to say?

Like I said, the old "prove you don't beat your wife" bullshit.

This constant persecution by the left on the Tea Party Members could quite easily be perceived as a form of racism..

lol

Actually, I never said if they don't have racist signs, they're still racist. That's one of your illogical assumptions about how I feel.

It is not at all illogical to make that assumption from everything you have said so far. You are just having a hard time owning up to the impression your words are giving people right now.

How is it not logical to make that assumption when you say stuff like this when confronted with an actual attempt to gather some evidence?

I have found most of the racists in my life to be close-minded cowards who would likely never admit their bigoted thoughts to others. Never mind walk around with a sign visibly proclaiming it. I look at the internet as a good example of just how much racist (no matter what ideology or race) some people can be. People who you could consider be the kindest person in the world could be the biggest hate monger inside and you'd only see it on their posts online.

Come on Modbert. Tell it straight up. Do you think the tea partiers are racist? With or without signs? What do you think of the Tea Party as a movement.

lol

Any kind of evidence would be nice.

I have read every single word you have posted on this thread, and others about the Tea Party. Which helped my make my assumptions about what you think sir. I am sorry if you do not like the impression you give people.

lol

I have read every single word you have posted on this thread, and others about the Tea Party. Which helped my make my assumptions about what you think sir. I am sorry if you do not like the impression you give people.

Just let him tell us what he thinks in his own words. That should end all claims of "assumption" should it not? Bet he's too dishonest to do it.

Just let him tell us what he thinks in his own words. That should end all claims of "assumption" should it not?

Seems it would.

however it does seem so far on this thread that you must at least lean toward the idea they are mostly racists. why else would you be attacking a small attempt at providing some actual evidence like you are? You certainly seem to be siding with those who do make those claims right now.

The Tea Party started out as a Ron Paul inspired Libertarian movement. After Obama took office, they quickly became a Conservative base of the GOP pandering movement. They have nominated typical Republicans (Rand Paul), extreme far right candidates (Christine O'Donnell, Sharron Angle), and morons (Joe Miller). They are what you would expect of the base of any political ideology.

I don't know for sure whether they are a majority racist or bigoted but I know a great number are. I would put that number at least 30%. Others are merely ignorant of what is actually going on. Some actually want smaller government, but are nominating candidates who aren't going to get it or want to get it.

It has been co-opted at this point by the GOP. I also happen to think that the mindset of many members which is politics based on fear and anger is counterproductive to what should be the aim in politics. Politics based on fear and anger is toxic to also actually getting anything done.

How is it not logical to make that assumption when you say stuff like this when confronted with an actual attempt to gather some evidence?

I have found most of the racists in my life to be close-minded cowards who would likely never admit their bigoted thoughts to others. Never mind walk around with a sign visibly proclaiming it. I look at the internet as a good example of just how much racist (no matter what ideology or race) some people can be. People who you could consider be the kindest person in the world could be the biggest hate monger inside and you'd only see it on their posts online.

Because I was making a personal experience statement about racists in general. Notice I said no matter what ideology and race. You're clearly cherry picking what you want from my posts, twisting what you'd like from them and coming to your own conclusions which are inaccurate.

The Tea Party started out as a Ron Paul inspired Libertarian movement. After Obama took office, they quickly became a Conservative base of the GOP pandering movement. They have nominated typical Republicans (Rand Paul), extreme far right candidates (Christine O'Donnell, Sharron Angle), and morons (Joe Miller). They are what you would expect of the base of any political ideology.

Ie. I would put that number at least 30%. don't know for sure whether they are a majority racist or bigoted but I know a great number ar Others are merely ignorant of what is actually going on. Some actually want smaller government, but are nominating candidates who aren't going to get it or want to get it.

It has been co-opted at this point by the GOP. I also happen to think that the mindset of many members which is politics based on fear and anger is counterproductive to what should be the aim in politics. Politics based on fear and anger is toxic to also actually getting anything done.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
did you pull that number out of your ass or do you have proof? or is it just an assumption? Asswipe.

I don't know for sure whether they are a majority racist or bigoted but I know a great number are. I would put that number at least 30%. Others are merely ignorant of what is actually going on. Some actually want smaller government, but are nominating candidates who aren't going to get it or want to get it.

Rand Paul is a "typical Republican?"

Do you think Charlie Crist, Lisa Murkowski, and Bob Bennett think the Tea Party has been co-opted by the GOP?

Because I was making a personal experience statement about racists in general. Notice I said no matter what ideology and race. You're clearly cherry picking what you want from my posts, twisting what you'd like from them and coming to your own conclusions which are inaccurate.

It's time to call a wwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaambalance. now.

I don't know for sure whether they are a majority racist or bigoted but I know a great number are. I would put that number at least 30%. .

Ok so now, Can you provide any evidence of that Number? I never claimed this study proved anything, I simply said it was some Evidence of it.

in this one study only 5% of the signs were remotely racist in Nature. sure Signs are not the only way we can gauge this, but it is one way, and Liberals have in the past made claims that their rallies have a lot of racist signs in them. So a study like this is Relevant.

I am inclined to believe this studies results are probably pretty close to the reality.

Over half of them I believe are motivated purely by Wanting less government intrusion, and less spending and taxes. This study bears that out.

I believe only a small % of them are Motivated by race, and this study bears that out as well.

Conclusive proof? Of course not, Evidence hell yea.

I invite anyone to provide actual evidence to the contrary of this study.

You just admitted you think at least 30% of them are motivated purely by Racism, an assumption you are making with out evidence. So my conclusion was pretty accurate if you ask me.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back