Students' taunts reduce bus aide to tears

The familes of these kids should be forced out of where they live and work, be compelled to change their names and go into hiding their true identities.

I think you can all stop feeling bad now. Klein just walked away with $600K in donations.

Not bad for 10-minutes work.

Her son committed suicide. These kids said if they were her kids they would commit suicide, have you any idea the damage that did to her psyche? All the money in the world can't fix that hurt.

The kids and parents have gotten thousands of death threats, and 911 calls bringing the cops over there all the time. That's right, I blame Pub dupe loudmouth bullies...it's a chickenhawk ignoramus thing... Rochester suburb this is.

I've seen the best and the worst of teachers. I've seen one teacher who said my son didn't belong in Kindergarten, while he was in class and in front of him. He came home crying. I've seen a teacher drag a student out of the classroom bodily, lock the door then look at me and tell me that the student got her behavior from my son. I am happy to say that teacher is no longer teaching.

I've also seen a teacher go out of her way to help me with my youngest son. Giving me her home phone number and telling me to give the number to my parents who were going to take care of my kids for 4 days while my husband and I were leaving town. She said we needed a break and if my parents had a problem, SHE would handle it.

My niece is a special needs teacher, I like to think I encouraged her to become one. Today, she and her husband have helped to start an organization to help black men ages 15-18 over the summer in Oakland, it's called "The Genius Program". I have a cousin who teaches, I had a cousin much older than me that taught in a one room schoolhouse. Two of her students grew up to be US Congressmen.

And as for me objecting to being shot, with two special needs kids, trust me, there have been times when I wish I was. Thank you for your compassion. (or obvious lack thereof) You were wrong when you spoke to that mother and you're wrong about me. If you want more time for you own life, quit teaching there are other jobs that pay more.

While my kids were in school, the good teachers got gifts every year. Yeah, I know they have a life outside of school so my gifts were always homemade lasagna and french bread and salad. All they had to do was heat up the lasagna for a delicious meal they didn't have to cook.

And I know so well that they have a life outside of the class that I would often call one of my son's teachers at 5pm at night, still in the classroom and tell her to "go home".

She was the complete opposite of the teachers who when the bell rang, were in their cars and on their way home before the buses were even loaded. I'm thinking you fall into the second category.

umm..

that mother I spoke of was also nasty to the other teachers of her child.

In addition I received tokens of appreciation from and have a good relationship with most of the other parents. They understand that their child has cognitive deficits and I'm just doing the best I can teaching 6 subjects without a curriculum.

The two parents in question believe that they are entitled to expect teachers to be perfect, follow orders and that their child/children are the only students worthy of consideration including having teachers spend long hours before and after school.

I believe you are in the latter category.

BTW, I work before and after hours every school day. So I believe you owe me an apology.

Ps it's not working free over-time I object to, it's being required to spend my free time ( yes mine) working. I only have so many ticks left on the clock. Why should that time be spent serving you? Seems that you think you own teachers

"If you want more time for you own life, quit teaching there are other jobs that pay more."

disgusting ^

seems you arein the habit of ordering teachers around and giving permission to leave for the day.

yowza massa

Yeah, how sad, that I told one of the best teacher's in the world who started her day at 7:30 in the morning to go home at 5pm at night, heartless of me, I know.

All I said in the beginning was that you should have shown that mother some compassion. She was having trouble adjusting to the fact that her daughter would never attend college, would never be normal. That's not an easy adjustment. You attack her for wanting the best for her child yet I'll bet you support all the other parents that want the best for their children, as long as their children are normal. If I owe you an apology, please take it and give it to that mother, because, you surely owe her one.

You do know the difference between "tokens of appreciation" and a meal made with your own hands and love, don't you? Heck, I could have given out tokens, but I wanted to give those teachers more. Especially the teacher that called me and told me my son had drawn a stick figure on the board and written his name under it and the entire class cheered.

I think that if you continue to teach, you should give up being a special needs teaching, you do not seem to have the compassion or understanding for it. You read my post and not once did you mention all I've done for the good teachers, how I feel about having special needs kids. I tell you sometimes I wish I were shot and you ignore it. There isn't a compassionate bone in your body and I seriously doubt you should be teaching at all. Teaching is a talent, if you don't have it, you should get out of the business.

BTW, I've thought about being a teacher and I do teach, or I used to, just not in public schools. I taught ESL to Japanese students. Not the same I know, but I loved every one of them and enjoyed every minute I spent with them. And I never had to have a parent/teacher conference but even if I did, I wouldn't have told the parent who wanted his/her kid to learn to speak English fluently that that would never happen. That the child should forget about college or learning and concentrate on getting a job at McDonald's.

And you're gonna love this, my youngest is almost 25, still wearing diapers and I have still not given up on him learning to read. I must be one really bad parent.

that parent has been nothing but condescending and rude since the beginning of school to every teacher that the child has.

Not my imagination.

the child is doing fine, but will never go to college.

It's called denial and the mom is an overbearing parent the same as you. I'm certain that the teacher you told to go home was working late an early b/c of the demands you placed on her.

I'l bet she was sooooo thankful you gave her a reprieve.

Last edited:
The parents of special needs children really don't care what kind of burden their children put upon the teachers and the other students. It's okay that other students are shortchanged IF the teacher time is spent on the special needs child. That's what teachers are supposed to do, and the other students should be more understanding and accept that the loss of their class time is a sacrifice for the other child.

Hogwash.

Special needs children belong in special classes if not special institutions.

The familes of these kids should be forced out of where they live and work, be compelled to change their names and go into hiding their true identities.

The kids should be disciplined but I wouldn't take any of their parents jobs away over this, you want more people on welfare and food stamps?

The parents of special needs children really don't care what kind of burden their children put upon the teachers and the other students. It's okay that other students are shortchanged IF the teacher time is spent on the special needs child. That's what teachers are supposed to do, and the other students should be more understanding and accept that the loss of their class time is a sacrifice for the other child.

Hogwash.

I thought special needs children were already placed in special classes?

Hogwash.

Some parents are off base, yeah, most aren't. My son was mainstreamed for art and PE. whoopie, what a distraction from the class. The aid went with him for both art and PE so it didn't take away from the rest of the class. Why do you think your child should never be exposed to my son? I'll tell you one thing, the kids that are exposed to the special needs kids early are special themselves. We'd be out walking at the Mall or something and one of my son's classmates would come up and try and get him to talk. They never gave up. They were wonderful children. I sincerely believe those children today are better adults for having known my son than they would be if they had never met him.

I do believe that many teachers and especially the administration wants to create animosity between parents of special needs kids and parents of "normal" kids simply because if we get together, they will be in a world of hurt. I'll never forget the school administrator that complained to me about $14,000 being spent on a ramp at the elementary school for one special needs child. Funny how she didn't mention that the child had a health impairment and at the time, that meant an extra $7800 per year for the school district, which means that ramp was paid for in two years and it is still in use today.

I don't know the rates today, but when my oldest was in 3rd grade, the district got an extra $7800 for each child with a health impairment, $6,000 for each child with a behavioral disorder, and somewhere between $2,000 and $3000 for other special needs, it's been awhile so I don't remember the exact figure. I'll bet that figure is a lot higher today and the schools are still shitting on the special needs kids anytime the budgets are cut.

Congratulations on falling for the bulcrap without ever looking into what was really happening.

Hogwash.

Sometimes they are, sometimes they're not. If they are placed in a regular ed class, there are accommodations made for them, like an aid, etc. Most now, are mainstreamed only part of the day, like my son was mainstreamed for art and PE.

I think you can all stop feeling bad now. Klein just walked away with $600K in donations.

Prior to this the women made $12K a year, her son committed suicide and she had to endure such cruelism. Yes she got a nice payday, and you can and SHOULD feel happy for her, but you can feel bad for her the way those little monster treated her and agony she went through with her son.

I would feel bad for any mother that lost her son. No amount of money or good fortune could or would be worth that pain!

Prior to this the women made $12K a year, her son committed suicide and she had to endure such cruelism. Yes she got a nice payday, and you can and SHOULD feel happy for her, but you can feel bad for her the way those little monster treated her and agony she went through with her son.

I would feel bad for any mother that lost her son. No amount of money or good fortune could or would be worth that pain!

What do you wanna bet the same one's crying about how you should stop feeling sorry for this woman because some people opened a paypal account for her are the same ones crying for Trayvon's parents. Wonder how much money they've made off of his death so far?

Latest report is a $650K payday

Not bad considering there were no serious consequences. But it makes people feel good to send money

Hogwash.

Least Restrictive Environment ( LRE) is a law that states that the specilal ed student will be in regular classes to the greatest amount possible.

Contrary to what Againsheila is stating is that the funding goes to special needs first.

An aid will be hired to help the special needs student or even a full time special ed teacher depending on the class. Special ed buses carry only a few students and sometimes a one bus, a driver and a bus attendant are used to transport as few as one student.

Special education services are very expensive.

Hogwash.

Least Restrictive Environment ( LRE) is a law that states that the specilal ed student will be in regular classes to the greatest amount possible.

Contrary to what Againsheila is stating is that the funding goes to special needs first.

An aid will be hired to help the special needs student or even a full time special ed teacher depending on the class. Special ed buses carry only a few students and sometimes a one bus, a driver and a bus attendant are used to transport as few as one student.

Special education services are very expensive.

You really need to find out more about your education services. The buses are an entirely different budget and the special ed buses are 52% of our bus budget and yes, I agree, that's too much. As a liaison for PAVE, I had one parent call me. She wanted me to help her get a bus for her child who was in a wheelchair. She lived right next door to the school. It was the only school in the district where 100% of the children walked to school. I told her as a liaison, I had to advise her that she had the right to that bus but as a tax payer, I objected strenuously and suggested she walk her child to school herself, heck she lived NEXT DOOR! She got her bus. Thankfully, she is not the majority of special needs parents.

Not bad considering there were no serious consequences. But it makes people feel good to send money

You fuckin' libturd lefties are always whining about how you are the only ones who care about the downtrodden. Then comes an incident like this, where people come together to support and help the victim and all you can do is criticize. How very hypocrite of you. Now, STFU, or put up. Just don't take my money to support your pet causes. I can, and will, decide the causes I prefer to underwrite.

You fuckin' libturd lefties are always whining about how you are the only ones who care about the downtrodden. Then comes an incident like this, where people come together to support and help the victim and all you can do is criticize. How very hypocrite of you. Now, STFU, or put up. Just don't take my money to support your pet causes. I can, and will, decide the causes I prefer to underwrite.

It highlights the shortfall of charitable giving. The amount you receive or whether you receive anything depends on publicity and how sympathetic the victim appears to be
Unsympathetic victims get nothing......69 year old grandmas who cry on camera get $650K

Last edited:

It highlights the shortfall of charitable giving. The amount you receive or whether you receive anything depends on publicity and how sympathetic the victim appears to be
Unsympathetic victims get nothing......69 year old grandmas who cry on camera get $650K

I'm simply jealous, but I'm willing to wear a floral print and cry on a public school bus whilst being taunted if that will result in a $50 gift certificate at Home Depot.

Forum List

Back