Students' taunts reduce bus aide to tears

Hmm. She's berated by a buch of teenage douches, people feel sorry for her and give her money (which she never asked for), and all of a sudden a bunch of grown up douches are berating her.

Doug Giles’ Cure for the Skinny Punks Who Viciously Bullied the Granny on the Bus

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The video of Karen Klein, a 68-year-old granny who was bullied beyond belief by a gaggle of 13-year-old pukes went viral last Wednesday. If you haven’t seen the video, here it is (viewer warning).

What these little 666s did to this passive, sweet lady—ultimately bringing her to tears—was truly disgusting. If these hellions would have sadistically berated a black or gay kid (or a black gay kid) Al Sharpton and Dan Savage would have pulled a groin muscle leaping to the occasion, and these little devils would have justly been hauled to juvey court facing a five-year lockdown and jail sex. But, alas, Karen is a white hetero, so … they’ll probably get a pass.

Post Continues on townhall.com
Doug Giles

Doug Giles’ Cure for the Skinny Punks Who Viciously Bullied the Granny on the Bus – Patriot Update

You fuckin' libturd lefties are always whining about how you are the only ones who care about the downtrodden. Then comes an incident like this, where people come together to support and help the victim and all you can do is criticize. How very hypocrite of you. Now, STFU, or put up. Just don't take my money to support your pet causes. I can, and will, decide the causes I prefer to underwrite.

It highlights the shortfall of charitable giving. The amount you receive or whether you receive anything depends on publicity and how sympathetic the victim appears to be
Unsympathetic victims get nothing......69 year old grandmas who cry on camera get $650K

I'm simply jealous, but I'm willing to wear a floral print and cry on a public school bus whilst being taunted if that will result in a $50 gift certificate at Home Depot.

I would take the 650K or a Home Depot gift certificate but would most enjoy choking the closest kid. The real joy would come in watching the rest of the mob back off as the chokee's face turned cyanotic.

Hmm. She's berated by a buch of teenage douches, people feel sorry for her and give her money (which she never asked for), and all of a sudden a bunch of grown up douches are berating her.

I'd say that about sums it up. Seems like the "grown up" douches are just jealous.

Yep Screw the principle, all's well so long as you get some $$$ out of it. Such is the world our self-centeredness and antipathy continue to create.

Students were caught on camera terrorizing and harassing a school bus aide, reducing the 68-year-old woman to tears as she bravely withstood their verbal assault.

The ten-minute video was taken on a bus carrying Greece Middle School students and shows the kids saying vile things to Karen Klein, a bus driver who retired to become a bus aide because her hearing was failing.

"What's your address so I can come piss all over your door?" said one student.

Another said to Klein, "How about I bring my [swear word] knife and cut you?"

The 68-year-old grandmother of eight tried to get them stop, telling the students, "Unless you have something nice to say, don't say anything at all."

To which one student responded, "How about you shut the [swear word] up?"

"Something about me being so fat and ugly your kids should probably commit suicide," recalled Klein. "I don't think they knew that my son had."

The school district has brought in police to investigate.

Students reduce bus aide to tears | WIVB.com

Appropriate punishment?
Saw the videos and her interview.

She is a lousy bus aide. You don't ignore this behavior, you punish it and FAST even on the last day of the year you do it. I'd consider taking her off that school and finding an easier route for her, or consider asking her to retire.

Second, those kids should be banned from the bus for at least the following year.

And yes, I worked in the industry and know how hard it is. My companies always seem to put me on routes that have eaten other drivers alive, and always end up with well behave buses within months.

I have driven school bus for many years. She seems like a nice enough lady but without the ability to do her job properly anymore. If you can't get your kids to respect you out of love, you need to do it out of fear of punishment. If you won't do either, you're deadweight in back. I see drivers and aides like her all the time. Their buses are ALWAYS shooting galleries and zoos with terrible bratty kids breaking the rules and threatening their own and other people's safety.

Laziness and neglect should not be rewarded. Despicable behavior like the kids should be punished severely.

I have driven school bus for many years. She seems like a nice enough lady but without the ability to do her job properly anymore. If you can't get your kids to respect you out of love, you need to do it out of fear of punishment. If you won't do either, you're deadweight in back. I see drivers and aides like her all the time. Their buses are ALWAYS shooting galleries and zoos with terrible bratty kids breaking the rules and threatening their own and other people's safety.

Laziness and neglect should not be rewarded. Despicable behavior like the kids should be punished severely.

That is what I could not figure out. I can see if a 69 year old is harrassed on a public bus. But she was hired to be a bus monitor. The person being paid to keep the peace. She must have been trained somehow. If things get out of hand, there must be some procedure in place for her to go up to the driver, have the bus stopped and nobody moves until order is restored

All through the ordeal I kept saying...When is she going to do something?

Last edited:
Latest report is a $650K payday

Not bad considering there were no serious consequences. But it makes people feel good to send money

You fuckin' libturd lefties are always whining about how you are the only ones who care about the downtrodden. Then comes an incident like this, where people come together to support and help the victim and all you can do is criticize. How very hypocrite of you. Now, STFU, or put up. Just don't take my money to support your pet causes. I can, and will, decide the causes I prefer to underwrite.

It highlights the shortfall of charitable giving. The amount you receive or whether you receive anything depends on publicity and how sympathetic the victim appears to be
Unsympathetic victims get nothing......69 year old grandmas who cry on camera get $650K

What should unsympathetic victims get?

They get whatever they get, it's called charitable giving.

That is what I could not figure out. I can see if a 69 year old is harrassed on a public bus. But she was hired to be a bus monitor. The person being paid to keep the peace. She must have been trained somehow. If things get out of hand, there must be some procedure in place for her to go up to the driver, have the bus stopped and nobody moves until order is restored

All through the ordeal I kept saying...When is she going too do something?

The entire thing smells fishy to me. I still can't tell if they are addressing her, talking behind her back, or addressing and insulting each other. If she didn't watch the youtube video she'd probably not think anything happened.

But yeah, I will sit on a school bus and be insulted for $650,000.

:D

She was questioned about this. What she said was that anything she did would have gotten her fired. Anything she said would have gotten her fired. As is true with most child/adult situations the child is in total control and never punished. Only the adult is punished.

She was questioned about this. What she said was that anything she did would have gotten her fired. Anything she said would have gotten her fired. As is true with most child/adult situations the child is in total control and never punished. Only the adult is punished.

Surely she is not encouraged to get into a physical confrontation with teens. There must be a process in place for reporting their behavior and disciplining them. Otherwise you need a Sky Marshal on the bus, not an old lady.

Bullshit. If bus monitors weren't allowed to keep order there would be no bus monitors.

The entire thing smells fishy to me. I still can't tell if they are addressing her, talking behind her back, or addressing and insulting each other. If she didn't watch the youtube video she'd probably not think anything happened.

Shit, I've done it for a far cheaper hourly wage. It'd be nice if someone would fork over over half a million dollars to me for putting up with some of the kid's shit they try.

She was being insulted to her face and did nothing. Right there, if I was her supervisor, I'd consider whether or not to bring her back after the summer layoff if she can't be effective in student management.

Anything she would have done would have gotten her fired? Horsecrap. You tell the driver to stop the bus and move kids apart and away from her. You inform them their parents WILL be contacted and if they think of riding the bus the following year, they better pray they don't get you again because they'll never sit near their friends again, and any violation of the rules will be a write up till they're never allowed on the bus again.

There are LOTS of ways to make kids behave, but it also takes a few things I didn't see in her. 1. consistant discipline. 2. a forceful demeanor that you are in charge. 3. A knowledge that actions not taken will escalate the situation. 4. realizing the children were acting in an unsafe manner (kids in the aisle mean broken arms legs shoulders or skulls if the brakes get locked up).

I drove very tough buses without an aid, and the one time I had student 'bus patrol' on it, it didn't matter. They were still wild as hell, but at the end of the year, at least I got them to sit safely even if they were a constant roar and no one called me names once, even in Somali because the little kids LOVED to tattle on the big ones and get them in trouble.

The lady needs to say 'thank you' and retire on her cash guilt prize.

Students were caught on camera terrorizing and harassing a school bus aide, reducing the 68-year-old woman to tears as she bravely withstood their verbal assault.

The ten-minute video was taken on a bus carrying Greece Middle School students and shows the kids saying vile things to Karen Klein, a bus driver who retired to become a bus aide because her hearing was failing.

"What's your address so I can come piss all over your door?" said one student.

Another said to Klein, "How about I bring my [swear word] knife and cut you?"

The 68-year-old grandmother of eight tried to get them stop, telling the students, "Unless you have something nice to say, don't say anything at all."

To which one student responded, "How about you shut the [swear word] up?"

"Something about me being so fat and ugly your kids should probably commit suicide," recalled Klein. "I don't think they knew that my son had."

The school district has brought in police to investigate.

Students reduce bus aide to tears | WIVB.com

Appropriate punishment?

She is a lousy bus aide. You don't ignore this behavior, you punish it and FAST even on the last day of the year you do it. I'd consider taking her off that school and finding an easier route for her, or consider asking her to retire.

Second, those kids should be banned from the bus for at least the following year.

And yes, I worked in the industry and know how hard it is. My companies always seem to put me on routes that have eaten other drivers alive, and always end up with well behave buses within months.

"she is a lousy bus aide" doesn't excuse the children's behavior.

Doug Giles’ Cure for the Skinny Punks Who Viciously Bullied the Granny on the Bus

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The video of Karen Klein, a 68-year-old granny who was bullied beyond belief by a gaggle of 13-year-old pukes went viral last Wednesday. If you haven’t seen the video, here it is (viewer warning).

What these little 666s did to this passive, sweet lady—ultimately bringing her to tears—was truly disgusting. If these hellions would have sadistically berated a black or gay kid (or a black gay kid) Al Sharpton and Dan Savage would have pulled a groin muscle leaping to the occasion, and these little devils would have justly been hauled to juvey court facing a five-year lockdown and jail sex. But, alas, Karen is a white hetero, so … they’ll probably get a pass.

Post Continues on townhall.com
Doug Giles

Doug Giles’ Cure for the Skinny Punks Who Viciously Bullied the Granny on the Bus – Patriot Update
If you read some of the articles since then, the father of the videotaper came forward, apologized and reiterated how absolutely ashamed he was of his child and that they would be punished. The school knows who the kids are and their punishments will be meted out at the beginning of the next school year, or carried over to their next school.

No, it doesn't. But by being a lousy bus aide, she set herself up for an incident like that.

I've had to expel two kids from the bus for "insubordination", and threaten to do so to 2 others. You don't get to tell me 'whatever', or blow off my orders or get lippy with me. That earns a 'major' writeup which often gets a suspension, separation from their friends by assigned seating, and if other kids join in, the whole bus gets assigned seating and loses radio and food priviledges.

Then again... day one I announce to the kids "I am the mean bus driver. I will let you earn priviledges if you behave well. Just obeying the rules is not enough to earn these priviledges. I also believe in collective punishment if I cannot find the culprit responsible for breaking rules so don't hide them. You will be punished too then. BUT if you behave maturely you will find my bus to be a fun place. You can sit with your friends, eat and drink or even get the radio if there is one."

They usually figure out I meant it by week 2-4 of testing me on it. They also learn I will enforce the rules to the last trip.

All the drivers I saw who were successful with problem buses with out of control kids were the same way. I've been tipped and rewarded by parents for doing such a good job, and schools have specifically requested me to handle charters because I am strict with the kids. I took that as a great honor, because I've also had children who were problem children beg me to come back and be their driver next year. That is the best praise of all.

That aide was on that bus because one of three reasons. 1. State law. 2. Special Needs. 3. Bad kids. If it's anything but #1, she failed in her job, last day or no. Is it sad, but I'm sure she's gotten a lot of whispering about her in the driver's room about not doing her damn job and why she got rewarded for it when they all face that and worse every day.

Last edited:

Shit, I've done it for a far cheaper hourly wage. It'd be nice if someone would fork over over half a million dollars to me for putting up with some of the kid's shit they try.

She was being insulted to her face and did nothing. Right there, if I was her supervisor, I'd consider whether or not to bring her back after the summer layoff if she can't be effective in student management.

Anything she would have done would have gotten her fired? Horsecrap. You tell the driver to stop the bus and move kids apart and away from her. You inform them their parents WILL be contacted and if they think of riding the bus the following year, they better pray they don't get you again because they'll never sit near their friends again, and any violation of the rules will be a write up till they're never allowed on the bus again.

There are LOTS of ways to make kids behave, but it also takes a few things I didn't see in her. 1. consistant discipline. 2. a forceful demeanor that you are in charge. 3. A knowledge that actions not taken will escalate the situation. 4. realizing the children were acting in an unsafe manner (kids in the aisle mean broken arms legs shoulders or skulls if the brakes get locked up).

I drove very tough buses without an aid, and the one time I had student 'bus patrol' on it, it didn't matter. They were still wild as hell, but at the end of the year, at least I got them to sit safely even if they were a constant roar and no one called me names once, even in Somali because the little kids LOVED to tattle on the big ones and get them in trouble.

She's actually being rewarded for sucking at her job?

She's actually being rewarded for sucking at her job?
yep. over 600k by now by anonymous donations to a website set up to 'buy her a vacation' for what she went through.

I shoulda thought of that scam years ago. I mean yes, she went through a very bad day. I've had ones like that too that left me thinking what the hell was I doing. But because most people don't know what goes on inside that big yellow box, and what pressures are put to bear on those who don't even have aides, they're pity paying.

No, it doesn't. But by being a lousy bus aide, she set herself up for an incident like that.

I've had to expel two kids from the bus for "insubordination", and threaten to do so to 2 others. You don't get to tell me 'whatever', or blow off my orders or get lippy with me. That earns a 'major' writeup which often gets a suspension, separation from their friends by assigned seating, and if other kids join in, the whole bus gets assigned seating and loses radio and food priviledges.

Then again... day one I announce to the kids "I am the mean bus driver. I will let you earn priviledges if you behave well. Just obeying the rules is not enough to earn these priviledges. I also believe in collective punishment if I cannot find the culprit responsible for breaking rules so don't hide them. You will be punished too then. BUT if you behave maturely you will find my bus to be a fun place. You can sit with your friends, eat and drink or even get the radio if there is one."

They usually figure out I meant it by week 2-4 of testing me on it. They also learn I will enforce the rules to the last trip.

All the drivers I saw who were successful with problem buses with out of control kids were the same way. I've been tipped and rewarded by parents for doing such a good job, and schools have specifically requested me to handle charters because I am strict with the kids. I took that as a great honor, because I've also had children who were problem children beg me to come back and be their driver next year. That is the best praise of all.

That aide was on that bus because one of three reasons. 1. State law. 2. Special Needs. 3. Bad kids. If it's anything but #1, she failed in her job, last day or no. Is it sad, but I'm sure she's gotten a lot of whispering about her in the driver's room about not doing her damn job and why she got rewarded for it when they all face that and worse every day.

There's a lot of jealousy in that post...

Forum List

Back