So now that Qadaffi has all but defeated the rebels, Obama wants to attack?

Do we have a third war about to start over there.....under the guise of a un resolution?
I'm with Willow. Screw em. Let em fight it out themselves.

Too late now.

Guaranteed that US fighters will begin bombing tonight.

We deserve whatever is coming.

Weird how O is picking the rebels in each country. In Egypt he couldn't quit talking about the protests, then it was silence in Libya and Iran. Amazing.

Last edited:
Do we have a third war about to start over there.....under the guise of a un resolution?
I'm with Willow. Screw em. Let em fight it out themselves.

Too late now.

Weird how O is picking the rebels in each country. In Egypt he couldn't quit talking about the protests, then it was silence in Libya and Iran. Amazing.

Yeah..wanting to get rid of 40 year old dictatorships is a little out of the norm. But what the heck..maybe it might bring reasonable governments to the region.

Worth a shot.

Too late now.

Yeah..wanting to get rid of 40 year old dictatorships is a little out of the norm. But what the heck..maybe it might bring reasonable governments to the region.

Worth a shot.

Actually, that boat floated away about a month ago regarding Libya plus he never did allude to the atrocities in Iran. His selective discourse is somewhat concerning.

Folks, our "president" is a fucking moron.

Did you feel this way when the first Bush administration told the Iraqis to revolt..after which they did..only to be cut down by the Government of Iraqi's troops?

By the way..I thought the first President Bush was a pretty good President. I didn't agree with everything he did..but I didn't think he was a "moron" for making a mistake or two.

I was in the front of the line attacking the moronic way Bush handled post war Iraq. Major fuck up.
But this thread is about Libya.

Looks like France and England might be the first ones in...

BBC News - Libya unrest: UK forces 'could be in action by Friday'

Senior UN sources said British and French war planes could be in the air within hours to carry out initial air raids on Libyan positions, possibly with logistical support from Arab allies.

A draft UN resolution tabled by the UK, France and Lebanon on Tuesday proposed a ban on all flights in Libya, authorised member states to enforce it and called on them to participate in it.

But on Thursday the US, which had been cool on the effectiveness of a no-fly zone, said the UN should go further and a new strongly worded draft resolution was put forward calling for "all necessary measures short of an occupation force" to protect civilians under threat of attack from the Gaddafi regime.

Does that mean Obama will seek war powers (more likely some kind of "use of force") from Congress? Not for nothing but what if they say "no", unlikely as that may be?

Too late now.

Worth a shot.

It might also bring a far worse government to the region.

It's the NEW Fierce Moral Urgency:

- Wait until a situation has played out to the point where action is futile,
- Let other people speak out first,
- Choose one's position based upon poll results for the poll results for those who spoke out,
- Get approval from an international group which contains morally repugnant people in order to kow tow to them,
- Make The Pronouncement,
- Ready,
- Aim,
- Stop,
- It's too late to make a difference, but claim victory for intending the right thing.

Last edited:
Too late now.

Worth a shot.

So I'm assuming based on that statement that you supported the Iraq War in 2003 and beyond?

There's just something comical watching the talking heads in liberal land sitting around morning coffee war mongering. Karma!

We are about to bomb the fuck out of Qadaffi.

This is fucking brilliance from our Golfer in Chief.

Obama said military assets are not going to be involved. We won't be bombing anyone. He's gonna let the French and others take the lead.

On one hand I agree. It's about time these countries started taking the lead instead of always waiting on us. But then again all this does is make us look like spineless wimps. Now they're gonna be telling jokes about how we surrendered to a busload of boy-scouts.

Everyone in here has been debriefed and knows exactly what the President knows in order to make a well-reasoned decision themselves.

It's the NEW Fierce Moral Urgency:

- Wait until a situation has played out to the point where action is futile,
- Let other people speak out first,
- Choose one's position based upon poll results for the poll results for those who spoke out,
- Get approval from an international group which contains morally repugnant people in order to kow tow to them,
- Make The Pronouncement,
- Ready,
- Aim,
- Stop,
- It's too late to make a difference, but claim victory for intending the right thing.
Isn't that also the Genocide response plan?

Wait till millions are dead, then claim it was wrong. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back