ACORN may be defunct, but according to one woman, they are still collecting fees.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Immanuel, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    Woman Claims ACORN Continues to Deduct Money for a Now-Defunct Membership - FoxNews.com

What a racket! Want to bet this gets blamed on one employee and not the group itself?

And about those accusations in regards to ACORN shutting down but opening up under a different name? Well, this from the horse's ass er mouth itself...

Stopping payments hell, if I were Ms. Sheldon, I would be demanding a refund of the more than $200 they stole from her... er, except they filed bankruptcy and it would do her no good.

Immie

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  2. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,666
    why doesn't she close the bank account?

3. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    According to the article, she and her husband have bad credit and were afraid that doing so would make things worse and they would not be able to open another account. That seems ridiculous to me, but still I understand the fear.

Also, not mentioned in the article, but there is a problem that if she has her mortgage and other payments deducted automatically, the changing of accounts can be a major inconvenience.

Immie

4. Intense

Intense Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,863
    Any time you set up Auto Pay, you relinquish control of your Account. You actually need the other Party's permission to terminate it. So much for protecting us from all Enemies, Foreign and Domestic, huh. Big Government really has our back on that. ;) What we need is more of it! :lol: