So now that Qadaffi has all but defeated the rebels, Obama wants to attack?

We already got the 5th Navy Fleet in Bahrain, we don't have anyone in Libya and after Obama stabbed Ghaddafi in the back those oil contracts are gone unless he falls.

So should the 5th Navy Fleet start providing military support to the rebels?

re: stabbing Ghaddafi in the back. What the heck's wrong with stabbing a jackboot thug bent on genocide in the back?

Not saying that at all, the US Forces are not going to do anything because the Saudis are involved and its too complicated, more than likely they will just sit there and watch the rebels be slaughtered.

The reason I say Obama stabbed him in the back is because the US pulled Libya off the terrorism watch list, dropped their sanctions and started working the oil contracts in Libya, the US established diplomatic relations with the Libyans and everything, before all this happened. And at the first sign that Ghaddafi might fall, Obama makes a statement Ghaddafi must leave, so yes, I am sure Ghaddafi feels Obama fucked him, and rightfully so.

Again, I'm not sure why you are upset that Obama stabbed a genocide-supporting jackboot in the back. I applaud him for it.

re: the oil contracts. If somehow Qhadffi stays in power, I am quite certain he'll be happy to provide oil contracts just as soon as we accept.

Rather than a world leader, Obama is seen as an arrogant timid political stooge. The world has him pegged even if the left wing that passes for a media in the US refuses to admit it. He tests the political water before he even makes the most innocuous statement. When the going gets tough Obama gets going. Count on him to leave the Country rather than show the least bit of leadership

So should the 5th Navy Fleet start providing military support to the rebels?

re: stabbing Ghaddafi in the back. What the heck's wrong with stabbing a jackboot thug bent on genocide in the back?

Not saying that at all, the US Forces are not going to do anything because the Saudis are involved and its too complicated, more than likely they will just sit there and watch the rebels be slaughtered.

The reason I say Obama stabbed him in the back is because the US pulled Libya off the terrorism watch list, dropped their sanctions and started working the oil contracts in Libya, the US established diplomatic relations with the Libyans and everything, before all this happened. And at the first sign that Ghaddafi might fall, Obama makes a statement Ghaddafi must leave, so yes, I am sure Ghaddafi feels Obama fucked him, and rightfully so.

Again, I'm not sure why you are upset that Obama stabbed a genocide-supporting jackboot in the back. I applaud him for it.

re: the oil contracts. If somehow Qhadffi stays in power, I am quite certain he'll be happy to provide oil contracts just as soon as we accept.

I am not upset that Obama fucked Ghaddafi, thats fine. Ghaddafi has American blood on hands, I am upset because Obama told Ghaddafi he must leave and started the ball rolling for sanctions, but now Ghaddafis forces are crushing the rebels and in a month Ghaddafi will be in full control unless major foreign intervention is brought in. If Ghaddafi takes control again, we can kiss those Libyan oil contracts goodbye, they will all go to the Russians, Chinese and Germans. If Obama was never going to help the rebels, he should have stayed quiet, alot of people picked up and a gun and started fighting because they thought help was coming, now its too little too late.

I am not upset that Obama fucked Ghaddafi, thats fine. Ghaddafi has American blood on hands, I am upset because Obama told Ghaddafi he must leave and started the ball rolling for sanctions, but now Ghaddafis forces are crushing the rebels and in a month Ghaddafi will be in full control unless major foreign intervention is brought in.

The US is advocating for that as we speak. The vote is tomorrow - and if the vote fails, I expect we'll renegotiate with interested parties.

If Ghaddafi takes control again, we can kiss those Libyan oil contracts goodbye, they will all go to the Russians, Chinese and Germans.

Two of those three will make their intentions known during the Security Council vote - you think Ghadaffi will continue their contracts if they support the resolution?

and in large part, it doesn't matter if "we" have those contracts. It's a worldwide spot market and oil is almost completely fungible....and it's not bought by nations.

If Obama was never going to help the rebels, he should have stayed quiet, alot of people picked up and a gun and started fighting because they thought help was coming, now its too little too late.

I'm pretty sure they picked up a gun because they thought they could force Ghadaffi from power.

I am not upset that Obama fucked Ghaddafi, thats fine. Ghaddafi has American blood on hands, I am upset because Obama told Ghaddafi he must leave and started the ball rolling for sanctions, but now Ghaddafis forces are crushing the rebels and in a month Ghaddafi will be in full control unless major foreign intervention is brought in.

The US is advocating for that as we speak. The vote is tomorrow - and if the vote fails, I expect we'll renegotiate with interested parties.

If Ghaddafi takes control again, we can kiss those Libyan oil contracts goodbye, they will all go to the Russians, Chinese and Germans.

Two of those three will make their intentions known during the Security Council vote - you think Ghadaffi will continue their contracts if they support the resolution?

and in large part, it doesn't matter if "we" have those contracts. It's a worldwide spot market and oil is almost completely fungible....and it's not bought by nations.

If Obama was never going to help the rebels, he should have stayed quiet, alot of people picked up and a gun and started fighting because they thought help was coming, now its too little too late.

I'm pretty sure they picked up a gun because they thought they could force Ghadaffi from power.

Alot of the rebels thought they were going to get a no fly zone set up, its too late now because Ghaddafi has the momentum and has the rebels on the run. This should have been done when the rebels had the momentum because they don't have it anymore.

Saw Hillary on the news yesterday.

According to her we, the US, are waiting for a consensus from our international allies, aka the UN.

Waiting for the UN?? Hell the world could come to an end before those idiots got off their duffs to do anything as they have proven time after time. They will probably put forth a resolution. One I'm sure Quadaffi will laugh at.

The French were all hot to trot on a no fly zone. Let them trot right on over to Libya and make it so.

The time to assist the rebels in Libya is gone now. The UN or the French should have done something weeks ago but they are still debating their resolution no doubt.

Worthless fucks.

We, the US, have enough on or plate right now.

Remember before they were called the United Nations, they were under the banner of the League of Nations. Their purpose then was to preserve a lasting world peace, and prevent the German buildup that escalated in World War I from happening again. Looks like they waited too long to act then as well. Did you honestly expect this organization to run things any different now?

Last edited:
Saw Hillary on the news yesterday.

According to her we, the US, are waiting for a consensus from our international allies, aka the UN.

Waiting for the UN?? Hell the world could come to an end before those idiots got off their duffs to do anything as they have proven time after time. They will probably put forth a resolution. One I'm sure Quadaffi will laugh at.

The French were all hot to trot on a no fly zone. Let them trot right on over to Libya and make it so.

The time to assist the rebels in Libya is gone now. The UN or the French should have done something weeks ago but they are still debating their resolution no doubt.

Worthless fucks.

We, the US, have enough on or plate right now.

Good, then we won't be obliged to step in. Not one more drop of American blood for those fuckers. Let them fight it out.

Damn. This could start in a few hours? Holy Hell.

Bombs away: UN airstrikes could begin tonight as Qaddafi’s troops near Benghazi « Hot Air

The Security Council’s expected to vote at 6 p.m. ET and the French are telling people that airstrikes against Libyan air defenses — and maybe more — could begin immediately thereafter. At the same time, Qaddafi just delivered another insane stemwinder against the rebels on Libyan radio warning people in Benghazi that the army will be rolling into town tonight and that, if they don’t surrender, they’ll receive “no mercy.” Which means, unless someone blinks in the next few hours, that city will be a bona fide international war zone by the time America goes to bed tonight

On edit:

Just a twitter from a twit?

http://twitter.com/chucktodd/status/48459705110102016

U.S. officials confident the expansive UN resolution including an "any means necessary" clause against Libya will be approved in 6pm vote

On edit (again):

http://twitter.com/SultanAlQassemi/status/48474648807096320

Al Arabiya: FIve countries will abstain from voting on the UN Libya resolution including South Africa, China & Russia

All links and more available at the Hot Air link above.

Last edited:
No, I believe in caution and Gates has been on the Hill calling for caution BUT Obama made the big mistake of "Ghaddafi must go" and does nothing to back it up.
If you were one of these rebels or a FUTURE leader of opposition to these dictators what do you think of America now? And we had the Arab League calling for a no fly zone.
And the fucking French. They are willing to "help" us.
Maybe they will bring their secret weapon, a newly developed tank. It has 5 gears. 4 reverse and 1 forward in case they get attacked from the rear.

No, I believe in caution and Gates has been on the Hill calling for caution BUT Obama made the big mistake of "Ghaddafi must go" and does nothing to back it up.
If you were one of these rebels or a FUTURE leader of opposition to these dictators what do you think of America now? And we had the Arab League calling for a no fly zone.And the fucking French. They are willing to "help" us.
Maybe they will bring their secret weapon, a newly developed tank. It has 5 gears. 4 reverse and 1 forward in case they get attacked from the rear.

Who's in the Arab league? Ain't they got no aeroplanes?

If you were one of these rebels or a FUTURE leader of opposition to these dictators what do you think of America now? And we had the Arab League calling for a no fly zone.And the fucking French. They are willing to "help" us.

Who's in the Arab league? Ain't they got no aeroplanes?

David Gergen was on blasting the Obama administration but also commended them for working with the Saudis to not go in. The politics of an Arab nation coming in on Libya when they and Egypt are the most important countries in the region would not help the cause of holding the fragile Arab League together.
In the end this thing is going to get bloody but Khaddafi will go. Not this time but sooner than later. Obama fucked it up royal but round 2 will be different.

Folks, our "president" is a fucking moron.

Did you feel this way when the first Bush administration told the Iraqis to revolt..after which they did..only to be cut down by the Government of Iraqi's troops?

By the way..I thought the first President Bush was a pretty good President. I didn't agree with everything he did..but I didn't think he was a "moron" for making a mistake or two.

They didn't do it earlier for one very simple reason, and so many refuse to accept it: Ghaddafi is a friend of a friend.

Obama/Wright/Farrakhan/Ghaddafi.

Why people don't realize this blows my mind.

How you're not in an insane asylum is beyond me. You're clearly out of your mind.

So now that Qadaffi has all but defeated the rebels, Obama wants to attack?.

So now that our military is stretched thin between Afhanistan and Iraq, you want to start another war? I'm guessing if Obama immediately authorized air strikes, you'd have a complaint about that decision as well. Something tells me that no matter what Obama does, you'll whine.

Well, they just passed the resolution.

Let the bombing begin.

Over/under is 4 hours from now.

Folks, our "president" is a fucking moron.

Did you feel this way when the first Bush administration told the Iraqis to revolt..after which they did..only to be cut down by the Government of Iraqi's troops?

By the way..I thought the first President Bush was a pretty good President. I didn't agree with everything he did..but I didn't think he was a "moron" for making a mistake or two.

Well, I have to say, I don't think he's a moron either. But he ain't all that smart.

It's a not so subtle distinction.

So now that Qadaffi has all but defeated the rebels, Obama wants to attack?.

So now that our military is stretched thin between Afhanistan and Iraq, you want to start another war? I'm guessing if Obama immediately authorized air strikes, you'd have a complaint about that decision as well. Something tells me that no matter what Obama does, you'll whine.

Hey dumbass,

I am opposed to getting involved at all. He had it right when he had us sitting on the sidelines. This isn't about us, and neither side is our "friend."

We should have stayed out of it, and it looked like we would, until today.

I'm mad that Obama had to stab Ghaddafi "in the back". To do so meant that the established norm for Ghaddafi was to assume Obama was on his side. Which the Farrakhan/Obama/Ghaddafi link shows is true.

Do we have a third war about to start over there.....under the guise of a un resolution?
I'm with Willow. Screw em. Let em fight it out themselves.

Too late now.

Guaranteed that US fighters will begin bombing tonight.

We deserve whatever is coming.

Forum List

Back