Seattle Vs New England

Popular Tweet today:
"Pete Carroll is the first coach to have a College title, a Super Bowl title and to GIVE his Super Bowl opponent a Title!"

Everyone "knows" that the refs gave away that super bowl Seattle played against Pittsburg but no, the Coach could never give it away.

Nope, that would never happen. The NFL is the ONLY entity in the entire world that ISNT corrupted.

You guys should check out RGS's threat about delusion and depression and look into what meds he's taking. It may help you too.

Tom Brady paid the ballboy to slightly deflate that ball, Russell obviously didn't notice it at the time. I call for a rematch!
^^^ Yes, let's not forget the fact that the Patriots overcame this retarded ball scandal distraction to come out and play an awesome game against another of the best teams in the league and won fair and square with an interception in the end zone due to skill, good coaching, good play calling, a great team and skilled and talented players. :D
What? No mention of the outstanding service provided by the Gatoraid boy?

Hey, does that explain why your guy was burned in the end zone by a 21-year-old rookie? :D Don't think so. Lol.
You're a poor winner.

Look at all the crap she had to put up with before the game, the Seahawk fans were overconfident and brutal. Let her, like the Seahawks fans, have her moment.

Tom Brady paid the ballboy to slightly deflate that ball, Russell obviously didn't notice it at the time. I call for a rematch!
^^^ Yes, let's not forget the fact that the Patriots overcame this retarded ball scandal distraction to come out and play an awesome game against another of the best teams in the league and won fair and square with an interception in the end zone due to skill, good coaching, good play calling, a great team and skilled and talented players. :D
What? No mention of the outstanding service provided by the Gatoraid boy?

Hey, does that explain why your guy was burned in the end zone by a 21-year-old rookie? :D Don't think so. Lol.
You're a poor winner.

Look at all the crap she had to put up with before the game, the Seahawk fans were overconfident and brutal. Let her, like the Seahawks fans, have her moment.
I seem to remember trash talkin on both sides. It's what fans do.

The song Fireworks was pretty cool for a big sporting event, but it needed more rocking out.

I thought at any moment Barney was going to jump on stage and start singing "I know you, you know me.":badgrin:

My father and brother were at the Super Bowl. They said it was so dark in the stadium they couldn't even see the halftime show except for the fireworks. :lol: He said it was so pointless that halfway through they said screw it and went to get food.

Katy Perry looks like she is 40. Her music is glib. Long on glitter and fireworks..short on talent. It doesn't take much genius to entertain teens.

I heard the entertainers for this SB had to PAY the NFL to do the show. Make sense to me ...as to how she got the gig.

Katy Perry looks like she is 40. Her music is glib. Long on glitter and fireworks..short on talent. It doesn't take much genius to entertain teens.

I heard the entertainers for this SB had to PAY the NFL to do the show. Make sense to me ...as to how she got the gig.

Actually, I recently saw a stat that put Katy Perry in the top 5 female musicians/performers as far as income. So that would probably be how she got the gig; people apparently like her music and shows.

I don't remember the last time I actually watched a SB halftime show. I honestly do not understand the appeal unless you happen to be a fan of the performer(s).

Actually, I recently saw a stat that put Katy Perry in the top 5 female musicians/performers as far as income. So that would probably be how she got the gig; people apparently like her music and shows.

I don't remember the last time I actually watched a SB halftime show. I honestly do not understand the appeal unless you happen to be a fan of the performer(s).

I agree. The halftime show is not why I watch the game anyway, so I don't care that much about it.

I thought it was a cute little show. Perhaps you guys would have preferred Myley Cyrus butt humping a giant Huggy bear? :razz:

Cyrus is disgusting. I heard about Perry being required to pay to play in an article in Forbes magazine several weeks ago. As it turns out in a later article in the same magazine Perry refused to do the gig for nothing let alone pay for the privilege. The final resolution is that the NFL would cover the production costs of the multi-million dollar half time show.

I thought it was a cute little show. Perhaps you guys would have preferred Myley Cyrus butt humping a giant Huggy bear? :razz:

Cyrus is disgusting. I heard about Perry being required to pay to play in an article in Forbes magazine several weeks ago. As it turns out in a later article in the same magazine Perry refused to do the gig for nothing let alone pay for the privilege. The final resolution is that the NFL would cover the production costs of the multi-million dollar half time show.

Interesting. I'm not familiar with how the go about hiring acts at all. Anyway, I didn't have a problem with the show,but it did seem a little like something from a Disney movie or the Ice Capades. :lol:

Both teams had some luck and some bad luck, so that is not what determined the outcome of this game. The Patriots hung in there, kept it close and played a good clean game, and they won and deserve the credit for doing so, especially after all the accusations and troubles in the last few weeks.

You Seahawks fans may not like the call that was made, but the fact is, the Patriots CAPITALIZED on it. If they were not a good team, they would not have been able to do that. Your guy was beat in the end zone. Passing game counts too.

Tom Brady proved himself to be smarter than Aaron Rodgers.

In the Green Bay game Rodgers failed to capitalize when Earl Thomas dislocated his shoulder and Richard Sherman shredded the ligament in his left elbow. Brady, OTOH took full advantage of Jeremy Lane's broken arm by targeting Lane's backup, Tharold Simon, for 11 completed passes including 2 TD's and the long pass that set up a third TD.

Brady did exactly what a NFL quarterback is supposed to do - go after the weakened Seattle secondary, so how did Rodgers become the league MVP? IMO Tom Brady should have been the SB49 MVP and-----and the league MVP.

Both teams had some luck and some bad luck, so that is not what determined the outcome of this game. The Patriots hung in there, kept it close and played a good clean game, and they won and deserve the credit for doing so, especially after all the accusations and troubles in the last few weeks.

You Seahawks fans may not like the call that was made, but the fact is, the Patriots CAPITALIZED on it. If they were not a good team, they would not have been able to do that. Your guy was beat in the end zone. Passing game counts too.

In the Green Bay game Rodgers failed to capitalize when Earl Thomas dislocated his shoulder and Richard Sherman shredded the ligament in his left elbow. Brady, OTOH took full advantage of Jeremy Lane's broken arm by targeting Lane's backup, Tharold Simon, for 11 completed passes including 2 TD's and the long pass that set up a third TD.

Brady did exactly what a NFL quarterback is supposed to do - go after the weakened Seattle secondary, so how did Rodgers become the league MVP? IMO Tom Brady should have been the SB49 MVP and-----and the league MVP.

Did Thomas and Sherman go out of the game against Green Bay? I only saw the end of the game. If they did not, it's pretty silly to compare targeting a backup player vs. not targeting (and possibly not realizing the extent of) injured players.

Did Thomas and Sherman go out of the game against Green Bay? I only saw the end of the game. If they did not, it's pretty silly to compare targeting a backup player vs. not targeting (and possibly not realizing the extent of) injured players.

I read "targeting" as taking advantage of the 2nd string player. There's nothing wrong with that. :D

The week leading up to the Super Bowl, Greg Cosell said the concern with Seattle is their secondary is very thin an a good drop off occurs from the starters and the back-ups. He stated then that if a starter went down, Brady would go at that defender.

I read "targeting" as taking advantage of the 2nd string player. There's nothing wrong with that. :D

Of course every team takes advantage of backups where they can. That's what you should do! :)

You don't always know if a starter is playing hurt or not, or how hurt they are, though. So there is a difference between taking a chance that a starter is playing hurt enough to make going after them an advantage and going after a player you already know isn't as good as a guy that got hurt. I'm just saying the situations Star brought up seem very different.

The week leading up to the Super Bowl, Greg Cosell said the concern with Seattle is their secondary is very thin an a good drop off occurs from the starters and the back-ups. He stated then that if a starter went down, Brady would go at that defender.

Right!

And, in fact it's the smart thing to do.

The QB has to make split second decisions, Aaron Rodgers apparently didn't know or wasn't capable of A) targeting Earl Thomas' backup and/or B) taking advantage of a one armed Richard Sherman but-----but Brady OTOH, checked off numerous times to Edelman's and Vereen's spin routes taking advantage of Sherman's inability to 'feel' the receivers spin to his left side and Thomas's inability to 'feel' the receivers spin to his right side. Add to that, Brady threw the perfect pass to the 6'6" Gronk being covered by a slower, less athletic linebacker (Brady's great at spotting and exploiting mismatches) and it becomes no wonder that Brady is considered by many, including me, to be the greatest QB ever.

Forum List

Back