Seattle Vs New England

Both teams had some luck and some bad luck, so that is not what determined the outcome of this game. The Patriots hung in there, kept it close and played a good clean game, and they won and deserve the credit for doing so, especially after all the accusations and troubles in the last few weeks.

You Seahawks fans may not like the call that was made, but the fact is, the Patriots CAPITALIZED on it. If they were not a good team, they would not have been able to do that. Your guy was beat in the end zone. Passing game counts too.

Tom Brady proved himself to be smarter than Aaron Rodgers.

In the Green Bay game Rodgers failed to capitalize when Earl Thomas dislocated his shoulder and Richard Sherman shredded the ligament in his left elbow. Brady, OTOH took full advantage of Jeremy Lane's broken arm by targeting Lane's backup, Tharold Simon, for 11 completed passes including 2 TD's and the long pass that set up a third TD.

Brady did exactly what a NFL quarterback is supposed to do - go after the weakened Seattle secondary, so how did Rodgers become the league MVP? IMO Tom Brady should have been the SB49 MVP and-----and the league MVP.

Did Thomas and Sherman go out of the game against Green Bay? I only saw the end of the game. If they did not, it's pretty silly to compare targeting a backup player vs. not targeting (and possibly not realizing the extent of) injured players.

Green Bay never even tested them

Make them make a tackle in the open field. Make them defend an out rout
Green Bay was content just to run out the clock. To them, the game was over

Katy Perry looks like she is 40. Her music is glib. Long on glitter and fireworks..short on talent. It doesn't take much genius to entertain teens.

I heard the entertainers for this SB had to PAY the NFL to do the show. Make sense to me ...as to how she got the gig.

The dancing sharks on California Girls were legendary. The robot lion. Fireworks coming at you like a dark horse.
Katy Perry got kicked off of Sesame Street for having an affair with Elmo. But she proved at the halftime show that she's come back all the way. My two complaints are:

a) no wardrobe malfunctions

b) she didn't actually kiss a girl

I have noticed this week the bandwagon fans have left. My city yesterday I saw only one person wearing Seahawk garb.

Both teams had some luck and some bad luck, so that is not what determined the outcome of this game. The Patriots hung in there, kept it close and played a good clean game, and they won and deserve the credit for doing so, especially after all the accusations and troubles in the last few weeks.

You Seahawks fans may not like the call that was made, but the fact is, the Patriots CAPITALIZED on it. If they were not a good team, they would not have been able to do that. Your guy was beat in the end zone. Passing game counts too.

In the Green Bay game Rodgers failed to capitalize when Earl Thomas dislocated his shoulder and Richard Sherman shredded the ligament in his left elbow. Brady, OTOH took full advantage of Jeremy Lane's broken arm by targeting Lane's backup, Tharold Simon, for 11 completed passes including 2 TD's and the long pass that set up a third TD.

Brady did exactly what a NFL quarterback is supposed to do - go after the weakened Seattle secondary, so how did Rodgers become the league MVP? IMO Tom Brady should have been the SB49 MVP and-----and the league MVP.

The week leading up to the Super Bowl, Greg Cosell said the concern with Seattle is their secondary is very thin an a good drop off occurs from the starters and the back-ups. He stated then that if a starter went down, Brady would go at that defender.

IMO - Cosell "stated" the obvious.
I don't think one play with 20 seconds left lost SB49. If Brady had not exploited the weakened Seattle secondary for 14 late game points, whether or not Seattle's final play was a bad call or bad execution of the play that was called would be moot points.

The week leading up to the Super Bowl, Greg Cosell said the concern with Seattle is their secondary is very thin an a good drop off occurs from the starters and the back-ups. He stated then that if a starter went down, Brady would go at that defender.

IMO - Cosell "stated" the obvious.
I don't think one play with 20 seconds left lost SB49. If Brady had not exploited the weakened Seattle secondary for 14 late game points, whether or not Seattle's final play was a bad call or bad execution of the play that was called would be moot points.

I agree. Brady broke down the Seattle defense when it counted.

I have noticed this week the bandwagon fans have left. My city yesterday I saw only one person wearing Seahawk garb.

What city are you in? Where I am...12 flags are still up & I still see lots of "garb" lol.
Plus a bunch of fans have asked for a welcome home parade type thing. As far as I know the NFL didn't responded yet.
I thought that was kinda cool.

I thought it was a cute little show. Perhaps you guys would have preferred Myley Cyrus butt humping a giant Huggy bear? :razz:

Cyrus is disgusting. I heard about Perry being required to pay to play in an article in Forbes magazine several weeks ago. As it turns out in a later article in the same magazine Perry refused to do the gig for nothing let alone pay for the privilege. The final resolution is that the NFL would cover the production costs of the multi-million dollar half time show.

I agree, BTW, about Miley. She used to be really pretty. Now she looks like Justin Bieber. :D And I wish she would keep her tongue in her mouth.

What city are you in? Where I am...12 flags are still up & I still see lots of "garb" lol.
Plus a bunch of fans have asked for a welcome home parade type thing. As far as I know the NFL didn't responded yet.

In a Washington town.

In a Washington town.

It says location: Here. :D You're from here.

In a Washington town.

It says location: Here. :D You're from here.

Officially, I am here. :)

There're always more people wearing team colors before a game than after a game (even regular season games) but...

But I'm guessing you and I hang out in different places. I haven't been in Seattle for quite awhile but since Super Bowl 49 ended, I've been to White Center, Bellevue Square, Marymoor off leash park, the Renton Highlands, Mercer Island, Newcastle Golf Course and a bunch of points in between. As of yesterday, I'm still seeing lots and lots of Seahawk gear, including my own.

Adam Kilgore is a much better football analyst and communicator than I am, but his conclusion, below, is virtually identical to what I've been saying.

Bill Belichick made a sneaky-smart decision that might have contributed to fateful play call by Pete Carroll

On the NFL
By Adam Kilgore
February 2

Pete Carroll’s confounding last-minute play call Sunday night will be dissected, debated and mocked for as long they play Super Bowls. It might have been prodded by a sneaky-brilliant decision by Bill Belichick.

With 1 minute, 6 seconds seconds left and the Seahawks down by four points, Marshawn Lynch rumbled to the 1-yard line on first down. The Patriots possessed two timeouts, and the Seahawks had one left. The clock ticked down, and at first it appeared odd for Belichick not to exhaust one of his timeouts. With the Seahawks on the doorstep, New England needed to conserve seconds for a desperation drive in response.

Imagine Belichick had called a timeout in hopes of saving seconds for Tom Brady. The Seahawks would have had enough time to hand off the ball three times without fear of the clock running out, particularly because they had a timeout of their own.

But with Belichick allowing the clock to tick, Seattle’s calculus became more complex, especially as they used almost the entire play clock. They did not snap the ball until there were 26 seconds left in the game. If Seattle ran on second down and the Patriots stuffed them, the Seahawks would have needed to use their final timeout immediately, with about 20 seconds remaining.

The situation would have dictated their ensuing third down. The Seahawks would have no choice but to pass, or else they would have risked the clock running out on their season. The Patriots would have known this, too, which would have made the play far easier to defend. On a potential fourth down, the Seahawks would have had their entire playbook at their disposal.

It’s possible, if not likely, that Carroll passed on second down because he didn’t want to be in a position where the Patriots knew they would pass on third down. And that reality arose because Belichick kept his timeouts holstered.

Belichick would have known that Carroll didn’t want to box himself in on a possible third down, which is how the Patriots could have anticipated that second-down pass that Malcolm Butler intercepted to ice the game. Even with the ball on the goal line, the Patriots used three cornerbacks on the field. The third? Butler.

<snip>

But as you rip Carroll for not running the ball at the goal line, credit Belichick for making him have to consider it, for making a tiny decision that had an enormous impact.

<snip>

Well played Belichick - asshole
upload_2015-2-4_12-41-5.jpeg

There're always more people wearing team colors before a game than after a game (even regular season games) but...

But I'm guessing you and I hang out in different places. I haven't been in Seattle for quite awhile but since Super Bowl 49 ended, I've been to White Center, Bellevue Square, Marymoor off leash park, the Renton Highlands, Mercer Island, Newcastle Golf Course and a bunch of points in between. As of yesterday, I'm still seeing lots and lots of Seahawk gear, including my own.

Adam Kilgore is a much better football analyst and communicator than I am, but his conclusion, below, is virtually identical to what I've been saying.

Bill Belichick made a sneaky-smart decision that might have contributed to fateful play call by Pete Carroll

On the NFL
By Adam Kilgore
February 2

Pete Carroll’s confounding last-minute play call Sunday night will be dissected, debated and mocked for as long they play Super Bowls. It might have been prodded by a sneaky-brilliant decision by Bill Belichick.

With 1 minute, 6 seconds seconds left and the Seahawks down by four points, Marshawn Lynch rumbled to the 1-yard line on first down. The Patriots possessed two timeouts, and the Seahawks had one left. The clock ticked down, and at first it appeared odd for Belichick not to exhaust one of his timeouts. With the Seahawks on the doorstep, New England needed to conserve seconds for a desperation drive in response.

Imagine Belichick had called a timeout in hopes of saving seconds for Tom Brady. The Seahawks would have had enough time to hand off the ball three times without fear of the clock running out, particularly because they had a timeout of their own.

But with Belichick allowing the clock to tick, Seattle’s calculus became more complex, especially as they used almost the entire play clock. They did not snap the ball until there were 26 seconds left in the game. If Seattle ran on second down and the Patriots stuffed them, the Seahawks would have needed to use their final timeout immediately, with about 20 seconds remaining.

The situation would have dictated their ensuing third down. The Seahawks would have no choice but to pass, or else they would have risked the clock running out on their season. The Patriots would have known this, too, which would have made the play far easier to defend. On a potential fourth down, the Seahawks would have had their entire playbook at their disposal.

It’s possible, if not likely, that Carroll passed on second down because he didn’t want to be in a position where the Patriots knew they would pass on third down. And that reality arose because Belichick kept his timeouts holstered.

Belichick would have known that Carroll didn’t want to box himself in on a possible third down, which is how the Patriots could have anticipated that second-down pass that Malcolm Butler intercepted to ice the game. Even with the ball on the goal line, the Patriots used three cornerbacks on the field. The third? Butler.

<snip>

But as you rip Carroll for not running the ball at the goal line, credit Belichick for making him have to consider it, for making a tiny decision that had an enormous impact.

<snip>

I have heard this theory, and it makes a lot of sense, Belichick by doing nothing put all the pressure on Seattle.

On the NFL
By Adam Kilgore
February 2

<snip>

<snip>

View attachment 36491

I have heard this theory, and it makes a lot of sense, Belichick by doing nothing put all the pressure on Seattle.

Belichick didn't exactly do "nothing". Belichick A) made the decision to not call timeout B) stacked the line with his goal line defenders C) added a 3rd CB.
Belichick's moves were pure genius and put Seattle's tit in a wringer. Because of Belichick's moves, Seattle's choices were, A) run Lynch twice and forfeit 4th down B) throw a pass that 2 out of 3 results still allowed Seattle to run Lynch twice.

All that strategizing went out the window when the third CB in NE's backfield made a fantastic play, Kudos to Butler but-----but simultaneously Pete Carroll deserves credit not criticism for making the right call - but without controversy talk radio/sports talk radio would be out of business.

On the NFL
By Adam Kilgore
February 2

<snip>

<snip>

View attachment 36491

I don't know if it was intentional on Belichick's part, but yeah, that seems to have been the result.

Forum List

Back