Terrible bowl match ups

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
I will just comment on the horrible match ups this coming bowl season.

Oregon vs Liberty in the Fiesta Bowl on New Years day. Why not just come out and say whoever made this match up was drinking heavily while shooting heroin, and having a stroke all at the same time? They should just apologize, and make another match up like..................I dunno.............any team that any of us have ever heard about in our entire lives. Even better, a real school with a real football team. You really think anyone will watch this dumpster fire of a game? Oregon is ranked 8th in the country and Liberty is ranked -225th in the country and falling by the second.

Here is another winner, Ohio State vs. Missouri. Why not just come out and make fun of coach Day openly for losing to Michigan for the 100th time in a row vs. dissing a team that only lost one game during the year to the number one team in the country by only six points by matching them with a team that has never been in contention for a national championship and never will be?

Both these games are yawners and will be terrible. It would have been far too hard for them to match up Ohio State with Oregon which would have gotten a lot of interest and ratings.

Now for a match up I reckon you just can't avoid, Florida State vs. Georgia. Yea, we get it, Florida has gone undefeated by beating teams like the Sisters of Charity, granted, they were better than Liberty, whoever they are or pretend to be. Yea, go ahead and take them behind the shed in front of the entire world, just don't expect me to watch because I'm no sadist. And don't get me wrong, this simply must happen, it has to be, it's no one's fault other than Florida State winning by less than a point every game they won this year.

Moving on...........

Iowa vs. Tennessee. This is perhaps the best match up thus far, but with only one problem. Iowa has never scored a touchdown this year. I'm fairly certain they know how because they scored a touchdown or two last year, but his year, not so much. Yes, another yawner no one wants to see. Can Iowa win by a field goal and win 3 to 0, which will never happen, or get completely blown out? Really, who cares?

Our next match up is Minnesota vs. Bowling Green. Let me say again, Bowling Green. A Big Ten school vs. Bowling Green. BOWLING GREEN!!! Yes, I know, the Big Ten is terrible this year, and as such, Bowling Green might win, but just the notion that the Big Ten has fallen this far almost makes me want to give up watching college football entirely. In fact, neither team should ever really get to a Bowl game in general.

Louisville vs. USC. My only question is, has Louisville gotten this much better or has USC really gotten this much worse? Again, even if it will be a good match up, which I doubt, absolutely no one wants to watch it.

There, I feel much better now.

Carry on.

Last edited:
I will just comment on the horrible match ups this coming bowl season.

Oregon vs Liberty in the Fiesta Bowl on New Years day. Why not just come out and say whoever made this match up was drinking heavily while shooting heroin, and having a stroke all at the same time? They should just apologize, and make another match up like..................I dunno.............any team that any of us have ever heard about in our entire lives. Even better, a real school with a real football team. You really think anyone will watch this dumpster fire of a game? Oregon is ranked 8th in the country and Liberty is ranked -225th in the country and falling by the second.

Here is another winner, Ohio State vs. Missouri. Why not just come out and make fun of coach Day openly for losing to Michigan for the 100th time in a row vs. dissing a team that only lost one game during the year to the number one team in the country by only six points by matching them with a team that has never been in contention for a national championship and never will be?

Both these games are yawners and will be terrible. It would have been far too hard for them to match up Ohio State with Oregon which would have gotten a lot of interest and ratings.

Now for a match up I reckon you just can't avoid, Florida State vs. Georgia. Yea, we get it, Florida has gone undefeated by beating teams like the Sisters of Charity, granted, they were better than Liberty, whoever they are or pretend to be. Yea, go ahead and take them behind the shed in front of the entire world, just don't expect me to watch because I'm no sadist. And don't get me wrong, this simply must happen, it has to be, it's no one's fault other than Florida State winning by less than a point every game they won this year.

Moving on...........

Iowa vs. Tennessee. This is perhaps the best match up thus far, but with only one problem. Iowa has never scored a touchdown this year. I'm fairly certain they know how because they scored a touchdown or two last year, but his year, not so much. Yes, another yawner no one wants to see. Can Iowa win by a field goal and win 3 to 0, which will never happen, or get completely blown out? Really, who cares?

Our next match up is Minnesota vs. Bowling Green. Let me say again, Bowling Green. A Big Ten school vs. Bowling Green. BOWLING GREEN!!! Yes, I know, the Big Ten is terrible this year, and as such, Bowling Green might win, but just the notion that the Big Ten has fallen this far almost makes me want to give up watching college football entirely. In fact, neither team should ever really get to a Bowl game in general.

Louisville vs. USC. My only question is, has Louisville gotten this much better or has USC really gotten this much worse? Again, even if it will be a good match up, which I doubt, absolutely no one wants to watch it.

There, I feel much better now.

Carry on.
Missouri was pretty good this year. It might turn out to be a better game than you expect.
But Oregon was one game away from the playoff and they lost to what I consider the best team in the country (Washington).

they have diluted the bowl scene with all these bowls....the Guaranteed Rate Bowl?....Quick Lane Bowl?.....
There is even the Pop Tart Bowl

Really?

However, I could care less. All I want are decent match ups

They can't be this stupid. It must be something far more sinnester in the mix.

And for God's sake, before the Florida State vs. Georgia game, provide some parental notification warnings for the kiddos.

There is even the Pop Tart Bowl

Really?

However, I could care less. All I want are decent match ups

They can't be this stupid. It must be something far more sinnester in the mix.

And for God's sake, before the Florida State vs. Georgia game, provide some parental notification warnings for the kiddos.
yeah its probably going to be very ugly for FSU .. but then again i could be wrong but.... i believe Georgia will win by double digits ....

Missouri was pretty good this year. It might turn out to be a better game than you expect.
But Oregon was one game away from the playoff and they lost to what I consider the best team in the country (Washington).
Yes...and Washington vs Texas is a repeat of last year's bowl game, which was very good and should be really good this time.

Predictions are dumb. No one expected Central Florida to beat Auburn a few years back. Except Central Florida.

These matchups are always "terrible." Until the underdog beats the powerhouse.

One thing to think about is psychology. These guys have bad days. Think about your worst day at work.

The deflation GA is feeling could easily carry over into January. FSU got cheated and is angry. They will have a huge chip on their shoulder. They will have something to prove. Could be the X factor in that game.

when Georgia destroys FSU it will shut everyone up thats complaining about them not making the playoffs .
Why? The argument is that they deserved to be in there due to being an undefeated conference champ. Everyone gets that FSU isnt the same team without their starting QB. That doesnt change if they lose to UGA without their starting QB. Had Travis not gone down they would have made the CFP. The issue IMO is that they ranked them 4 going into the champ week knowing Travis wasnt going to be playing the rest of the year so it's somewhat confusing them drop them a spot and let 2 other teams leap frog them after a win. If the rankings are who the committee thinks are the best teams did they think FSU was a top 4 team and change their mind? Do they think that FSU without their starter is the 5th best team in the country?

Why? The argument is that they deserved to be in there due to being an undefeated conference champ. Everyone gets that FSU isnt the same team without their starting QB. That doesnt change if they lose to UGA without their starting QB. Had Travis not gone down they would have made the CFP. The issue IMO is that they ranked them 4 going into the champ week knowing Travis wasnt going to be playing the rest of the year so it's somewhat confusing them drop them a spot and let 2 other teams leap frog them after a win. If the rankings are who the committee thinks are the best teams did they think FSU was a top 4 team and change their mind? Do they think that FSU without their starter is the 5th best team in the country?
the 4 best teams are in the playoffs .

Missouri is "good" because they played GA close. That's it. They beat a couple teams who were supposed to be good but were far from actually being good. Tennessee, KState, etc. They are the typical SEC illusion. Ranked because they are in the SEC and teams like Alabama and UGA need them ranked to make their schedule look harder than it is in reality. They do it every year with Ole Miss and Miss St.

Missouri is "good" because they played GA close. That's it. They beat a couple teams who were supposed to be good but were far from actually being good. Tennessee, KState, etc. They are the typical SEC illusion. Ranked because they are in the SEC and teams like Alabama and UGA need them ranked to make their schedule look harder than it is in reality. They do it every year with Ole Miss and Miss St.
Have you seen all of these teams play, or are you just going on their reputation?

Have you seen all of these teams play, or are you just going on their reputation?
Which teams?

Tennessee? I've watched them play. I know they are a 4 loss team who lost to every ranked opponent they played but is somehow still considered a "good team".

Missouri is the 9th ranked team in the nation with 2 losses and not a single win against a currently ranked opponent.....

LSU is 13th with 3 losses and their only win against the above Missouri....

Ole Miss 11th with 2 losses, 1 win against above LSU.

The SEC is the definition of a circle jerk. Team A is good because they beat team B who's good because they beat team C who's good because they beat team A. Or in this case Missouri is good because they almost beat UGA, LSU is good because they beat Missouri and Ole Miss is good because they beat LSU...

If you look at each of those independently it seems legit, but taken together not so much,

The Golden Groundhogs are terrible this year....Only made a bowl game because of something related to academics.

Which teams?

Tennessee? I've watched them play. I know they are a 4 loss team who lost to every ranked opponent they played but is somehow still considered a "good team".

Missouri is the 9th ranked team in the nation with 2 losses and not a single win against a currently ranked opponent.....

LSU is 13th with 3 losses and their only win against the above Missouri....

Ole Miss 11th with 2 losses, 1 win against above LSU.

The SEC is the definition of a circle jerk. Team A is good because they beat team B who's good because they beat team C who's good because they beat team A. Or in this case Missouri is good because they almost beat UGA, LSU is good because they beat Missouri and Ole Miss is good because they beat LSU...

If you look at each of those independently it seems legit, but taken together not so much,
Sometimes the win/loss record isn't a good judge of how a team plays, especially when you're like Florida, where they have home-field advantage and refs that help them win at home.

Forum List

Back