Rush Limbaugh’s Long, Slow March to Irrelevance

He just celebrated his 25th year by dedicating an interview with his 100 year old grandfather on his 100th birthday. It was really beautiful.

And if you missed it I'm sure you can find it.

His grandfather lived to be 108.

Rush is special.

Even after Rush is dead and buried he will stiil be relevant.

He's a legend. Like it or not.

lol, that is going to chap their asses even more...and they will still be bitching about him even then..

pathetic people they have nothing else to worry their wee minds with but some radio host..

Then it's odd that in the last 25 posts, the only posters even mentioning Rush are you Rushbots. Go ahead, check it.

Fantasy; reality. Know the difference.

Rush is and will forever be a legend. He spoke for many people who had no voice. He speaks as a conservative not as a republican nor a democrat.

He proved that anyone can accomplish anything, no matter how hard they try to bring you down.

I'd take crickets to your jibber jabber. You got schooled, son. I mean, I knocked that shit out of the park. You're like the guy who's still talking when the game's already over and you've lost.

I mean you're so damn dumb that you get owned and you just keep coming back with more nonsense. You're like that kid who just keeps pestering away no matter how many times he gets slapped around. Sorry, but most people eventually get tired and move on, bro.

Uhhh.... which one of us was challenged to back up his shit and came up completely empty?

Twice in two days?

Loser.

I'd take crickets to your jibber jabber. You got schooled, son. I mean, I knocked that shit out of the park. You're like the guy who's still talking when the game's already over and you've lost.

I mean you're so damn dumb that you get owned and you just keep coming back with more nonsense. You're like that kid who just keeps pestering away no matter how many times he gets slapped around. Sorry, but most people eventually get tired and move on, bro.

Uhhh.... which one of us was challenged to back up his shit and came up completely empty?

Twice in two days?

Loser.

Wow. I didn't accept your challenge to come up with a list of stuff you should already know. Sorry, but I value my time. Meanwhile, I refer you to this post where you got thoroughly owned:

I don't care to walk that back. That'd be like walking back common sense. You don't call someone a bot if you don't think they're not weak minded. Hence, why I called you a bot. You take a few minutes to think about that simple logic. It'll be a zinger once it hits. Or you can stay in your moronic rut. It makes me no never mind.

And I won't be going through your posts. Don't flatter yourself. I've seen you on here defending Obama for as much as the day is long.

You conveniently skipped over your getting bitch slapped. That's exactly why I'm saying your like a little kid who just keeps pestering away no matter how many times you get pushed down like a little bitch.

Best, most accurate article about this yet:

Rush Limbaugh’s Long, Slow March to Irrelevance

Don’t listen to the headlines—Rush Limbaugh’s talk-radio supremacy ain’t over just yet. But it’s long been clear that his glory days are behind him. John Avlon on the final days of toxic right-wing talk.

Fox News presented an hourlong Rush Limbaugh infomercial on Greta Van Susteren’s show Tuesday night, allowing the embattled talk-radio giant to offer up uncontested howlers like this: “I get more grief than the al Qaeda gets.” And this: “I don’t see any pushback [by the GOP] against anything Obama wants to do.” And finally this: "I can't remember a time when it’s been more partisan, more divisive and getting worse—and being done on purpose.”

While Greta also found time to ask Rush’s opinion about the Zimmerman verdict (he pronounced it “uplifting”), no questions were asked about the big story that has Limbaugh in limbo: a Sunday-night report by Dylan Byers at Politico that suggested Rush and his right-wing talk colleague Sean Hannity are on the verge of being dropped by Cumulus radio.

The report follows months of complaints by Cumulus CEO Lew Dickey about the impact of an advertiser boycott of Rush enacted after he called birth-control advocate Sandra Fluke a “slut” back in early 2012—a drought that has resulted in some $2.4 million in associated losses over the first quarter of 2013 alone as The Daily Beast reported in May. Combine those losses with the high cost of running Rush—his last contract, an eight-year deal inked in 2008, had a $400 million price tag—and an aging fan base of white men and at best you’ve got a recipe for renegotiations. At worst: ejection.

But while Rush’s toxic formula of right-wing talk radio is surely dying, that doesn’t mean rigor mortis has set in. Headlines blaring the demise of Limbaugh and Hannity are jumping the gun, according to interviews with multiple radio analysts.

“My personal prediction, based upon what I know of the industry, is that it’s going to happen,” says Michael Harrison, publisher of Talkers magazine. “But I would never call you or call Politico or write in Talkers that it’s a fait accompli, because it’s not.” Harrison points out that Limbaugh and Hannity technically work for the radio conglomerate Clear Channel; their shows are syndicated to Cumulus stations. “Cumulus is basically saying—if in fact it’s true that they’re going to do this—that they don’t want to be in the business of selling that type of controversial political talk,” he says.

Meanwhile, Limbaugh is sending his own public signals, and he has still some bargaining chips left. “What you have here is public negotiation,” says Jerry Del Colliano, publisher of the radio-industry tip sheet Inside Music Media. “Limbaugh is telling everybody, ‘I'm not going anywhere,’ and I love that comment because he's right. He isn't going anywhere. [Dickey] is playing a real dangerous game. If you take the replacement characters for Cumulus—who they have left without Sean and Rush—you've got Geraldo, you've got Huckabee, and Michael ‘I Hope You Die of AIDS’ Savage. And do you know that those three replacements do not do anywhere near $4 million a year in revenue nationally, on all their stations? If [Dickey] doesn't do a deal,” Del Colliano says, he could just exit the talk game altogether, “and then flip to sports.”

*snip*

If he was actually irrelevant no one would be writing stories, or starting threads, about him.

the dailybeast has to try and be relevant by writing stories about Rush...

what a irrelevant website....

Rush is as brilliant as ever. The "irrelevance" thing is liberal mental cases having given up on trolling him, since he ignores them pretty much. All the transgenders on MSNBC used to rant about Rush daily a few years ago. When they realized they don't matter in the real world which real people share with Rush, they simply focused on promoting the Obama regime's agenda.

Rush is as brilliant as ever. The "irrelevance" thing is liberal mental cases having given up on trolling him, since he ignores them pretty much. All the transgenders on MSNBC used to rant about Rush daily a few years ago. When they realized they don't matter in the real world which real people share with Rush, they simply focused on promoting the Obama regime's agenda.

I'm not a RL fan. Yes, he brings a lot truth about the lowly Dems and that's good. But, he really is a Republican cheerleader at the end of the day. He'll call them out to a degree, but ultimately he's not going to bite the hand that feeds. Take for instance the NSA spying. Him and the Republicans are hedging. That's a total piss on the Constitution and we all know it! He doesn't want to slam too hard because if the Republicans get back power (and they won't), then he doesn't want his words used against him when he's bashing the Democrats for suddenly hating the Patriot Act. Both parties play these games when it's really just a matter of do we want to follow the Constitution and do we want to stomp out the corruption. Neither party is interested in that. Both are puppets in the hands of the lobbyists.

Indeed, his weakness is he supports the concept of republicans vs the dumbasses. Plus he HAS to be silent on zionism. So he is compromised. All that notwithstanding, he is still great when on specific liberal hypocrisy and corruption.

Indeed, his weakness is he supports the concept of republicans vs the dumbasses. Plus he HAS to be silent on zionism. So he is compromised. All that notwithstanding, he is still great when on specific liberal hypocrisy and corruption.

Zionism is libtard code for hating Christians. You're a dink.

He is not a republican cheerleader. He's all over the republicans all the time.

Take Rubio for example. Rush had him on the show to explain his point of view on immigration. Rush showed him why his idea was lame and throughout the week he referenced Rubio saying that immigration reform doesn't work and it won't give republicans any Hispanic votes.

Rush disagrees with many things repubicans do.

He brings up the NSA all the time. It infuriates him.

I'm not a RL fan. Yes, he brings a lot truth about the lowly Dems and that's good. But, he really is a Republican cheerleader at the end of the day. He'll call them out to a degree, but ultimately he's not going to bite the hand that feeds. Take for instance the NSA spying. Him and the Republicans are hedging. That's a total piss on the Constitution and we all know it! He doesn't want to slam too hard because if the Republicans get back power (and they won't), then he doesn't want his words used against him when he's bashing the Democrats for suddenly hating the Patriot Act. Both parties play these games when it's really just a matter of do we want to follow the Constitution and do we want to stomp out the corruption. Neither party is interested in that. Both are puppets in the hands of the lobbyists.

Last edited:

Take Rubio for example. Rush had him on the show to explain his point of view on immigration. Rush showed him why his idea was lame and throughout the week he referenced Rubio saying that immigration reform doesn't work and it won't give republicans any Hispanic votes.

From this fellow dittohead who fell into the worlds cutest little right wing fuzzball in the 90's I love him to death.

And he keeps me laughing my ass off in these end days.

You can always tell an uptight asswipe lib who hates rush. No sense of humor. Normanally works for the NYT .

When Rush finally retires, democrats will say "See he has finally become irrelevant. We won."

On his headstone....

I just want to be there when Snerdly gives Rush his "over".

:lmao:

Most don't know who snerdly is. blessedly I do.

The Americans Who Risked Everything - Rush H. Limbaugh, Jr.

My father, Rush H. Limbaugh, Jr., delivered this oft-requested address locally a number of times, but it had never before appeared in print until it appeared in The Limbaugh Letter. My dad was renowned for his oratory skills and for his original mind; this speech is, I think, a superb demonstration of both. I will always be grateful to him for instilling in me a passion for the ideas and lives of America's Founders, as well as a deep appreciation for the inspirational power of words which you will see evidenced here:

"Our Lives, Our Fortunes, Our Sacred Honor"

It was a glorious morning. The sun was shining and the wind was from the southeast. Up especially early, a tall bony, redheaded young Virginian found time to buy a new thermometer, for which he paid three pounds, fifteen shillings. He also bought gloves for Martha, his wife, who was ill at home.

Thomas Jefferson arrived early at the statehouse. The temperature was 72.5 degrees and the horseflies weren't nearly so bad at that hour. It was a lovely room, very large, with gleaming white walls. The chairs were comfortable. Facing the single door were two brass fireplaces, but they would not be used today.

The moment the door was shut, and it was always kept locked, the room became an oven. The tall windows were shut, so that loud quarreling voices could not be heard by passersby. Small openings atop the windows allowed a slight stir of air, and also a large number of horseflies. Jefferson records that "the horseflies were dexterous in finding necks, and the silk of stockings was nothing to them." All discussing was punctuated by the slap of hands on necks."

Marco Rubio is doing a dance and RL is waltzing with him. What MR is doing is saying, this is a problem so we have to do what the Dems want, but let's increase border security to make sure it's not a problem after that. One, we don't have to give lawbreakers citizenship. That's a phony compromise. Two, Rubio is just hedging for the sake of 2016 and he's making it so he can go any direction to suit his whims. It's not real leadership. Third, RL did not call Rubio out on his total immigration flip flops. At the end of the day, RL is Republican promoter who is dancing the line between a corrupt party and a fed up base.

^^^

Just listened to the Rubio interview. If a Democrat was saying all those smoke screens, RL would have tore him a new one. Any challenges RL gave MR were soulless tokens. RL's fond of saying calling Republicans Democrat Lite when for the sake of the base. But, he's ultimately promoting the guys who are at the root of our problems too. It's a dance that he does because it maximizes his profits.

Forum List

Back