Rush Limbaugh’s Long, Slow March to Irrelevance

Another valuable service that Rush, Hannity and Beck provide Democrats is that they serve as a funnel for future voters to join the Democratic ranks

When young voters, minorities, gays, immigrants, women hear the hate and vitriol emanating from Rush and his selected callers it makes them say...........Is this the party I want to be affiliated with?

In Rush's case irrlevance will be eventual retirement. It will be real long and real real slow.

Another valuable service that Rush, Hannity and Beck provide Democrats is that they serve as a funnel for future voters to join the Democratic ranks

When young voters, minorities, gays, immigrants, women hear the hate and vitriol emanating from Rush and his selected callers it makes them say...........Is this the party I want to be affiliated with?

omg, you people say nothing about the hate from your side on talk radio and PMSnbc...but hey that doesn't draw voters away from Democrats, because that is what like to hear and listen too I guess..

you people are a real crack up to think your side is as pure as the driven snow

omg, you people say nothing about the hate from your side on talk radio and PMSnbc...but hey that doesn't draw voters away from Democrats, because that is what like to hear and listen too I guess..

a.baa-Laughing-and-rolling-on-floo.gif

a.baa-Laughing-and-rolling-on-floo.gif

that picture pretty much sums the liberal Democrats...cackle out the bullshit like old mother hens, pounding the ground going. look at me look at me...we libs-Democrats are the ONES

Hey, let the lefty idiots hope. It's all they've got when it comes to Rush, hope for change. And piss and moan with yet another thread of circle jerk fantasy every now and then. It's what low information folks do when they're not doing other stupid things.

Now be fair. No one at all listens to liberal talk radio or watches PMSnbc. For all the way liberals can't stand conservatives, they can't change the channel.

Now be fair. No one at all listens to liberal talk radio or watches PMSnbc. For all the way liberals can't stand conservatives, they can't change the channel.

Liberals have a half dozen news outlets they rely on

Conservatives get their marching orders from Fox

I can't wait for Al Jazeera to start in two weeks.

Finally, a news channel devoted to news, like the BBC.

I think liberals worry more about Beck, Hannity, Limbaugh going down than conservatives do. Frankly, most of us don't worship them. We're not like liberals who worship at the altar of the Clintons, Obamas of the world. We believe in concepts and real values. If those guys left, we would keep going. But don't worry liberals, you'll always find someone to worship also.

If Limbaugh goes down, the Koch Brothers will find someone else to tell you who to hate.

Not how I'd put it, but sure. I personally don't care who is big or small. The world we live in is not meant to be the great equalizer when it comes to popularity. I just don't want the govt. interfering with free speech and trampling the Constitution. Liberals do.

Hey, let the lefty idiots hope. It's all they've got when it comes to Rush, hope for change. And piss and moan with yet another thread of circle jerk fantasy every now and then. It's what low information folks do when they're not doing other stupid things.

You're still as stupid as ever.

I can't wait for Al Jazeera to start in two weeks.

Finally, a news channel devoted to news, like the BBC.

I've watched AJ and found it okay. I'm under no illusions that news outlets don't have their biases and filters these days though.
They are hiring a shitload of CNN-ers. Like Soledad O'Brian, for one.

Just as long as they don't bring CNN values of sensationalism with them.

I think liberals worry more about Beck, Hannity, Limbaugh going down than conservatives do. Frankly, most of us don't worship them. We're not like liberals who worship at the altar of the Clintons, Obamas of the world. We believe in concepts and real values. If those guys left, we would keep going. But don't worry liberals, you'll always find someone to worship also.

If Limbaugh goes down, the Koch Brothers will find someone else to tell you who to hate.

Not how I'd put it, but sure. I personally don't care who is big or small. The world we live in is not meant to be the great equalizer when it comes to popularity. I just don't want the govt. interfering with free speech and trampling the Constitution. Liberals do.

To quote one of everybody's favorite entities, the IRS: "Do you have evidence to support your claim? If so, is the evidence written?"

This oughta be good...

To quote one of everybody's favorite entities, the IRS: "Do you have evidence to support your claim? If so, is the evidence written?"

This oughta be good...

I'm sure I'd hit a character limit if I tried to list everything. The Obama Regime shits on the Constitution.

This oughta be good...

I'm sure I'd hit a character limit if I tried to list everything. The Obama Regime shits on the Constitution.

Ah, another empty-suit post. Thanks, we were scratching our heads about what to do with that extra bandwidth. Problem solved. :clap2:

This oughta be good...

Ah, another empty-suit post. Thanks, we were scratching our heads about what to do with that extra bandwidth. Problem solved. :clap2:

If you think that Obama is high on the Constitution, I have little interest in arguing with a delusive mind.

If you think that Obama is high on the Constitution, I have little interest in arguing with a delusive mind.

You already admitted you have nothing. We get it. Make a note to come armed next time.

You already lost this one, and yet you're moving the goalposts to O'bama? :cuckoo:

Last edited:
Best, most accurate article about this yet:

Rush Limbaugh’s Long, Slow March to Irrelevance

Don’t listen to the headlines—Rush Limbaugh’s talk-radio supremacy ain’t over just yet. But it’s long been clear that his glory days are behind him. John Avlon on the final days of toxic right-wing talk.

Fox News presented an hourlong Rush Limbaugh infomercial on Greta Van Susteren’s show Tuesday night, allowing the embattled talk-radio giant to offer up uncontested howlers like this: “I get more grief than the al Qaeda gets.” And this: “I don’t see any pushback [by the GOP] against anything Obama wants to do.” And finally this: "I can't remember a time when it’s been more partisan, more divisive and getting worse—and being done on purpose.”

While Greta also found time to ask Rush’s opinion about the Zimmerman verdict (he pronounced it “uplifting”), no questions were asked about the big story that has Limbaugh in limbo: a Sunday-night report by Dylan Byers at Politico that suggested Rush and his right-wing talk colleague Sean Hannity are on the verge of being dropped by Cumulus radio.

The report follows months of complaints by Cumulus CEO Lew Dickey about the impact of an advertiser boycott of Rush enacted after he called birth-control advocate Sandra Fluke a “slut” back in early 2012—a drought that has resulted in some $2.4 million in associated losses over the first quarter of 2013 alone as The Daily Beast reported in May. Combine those losses with the high cost of running Rush—his last contract, an eight-year deal inked in 2008, had a $400 million price tag—and an aging fan base of white men and at best you’ve got a recipe for renegotiations. At worst: ejection.

But while Rush’s toxic formula of right-wing talk radio is surely dying, that doesn’t mean rigor mortis has set in. Headlines blaring the demise of Limbaugh and Hannity are jumping the gun, according to interviews with multiple radio analysts.

“My personal prediction, based upon what I know of the industry, is that it’s going to happen,” says Michael Harrison, publisher of Talkers magazine. “But I would never call you or call Politico or write in Talkers that it’s a fait accompli, because it’s not.” Harrison points out that Limbaugh and Hannity technically work for the radio conglomerate Clear Channel; their shows are syndicated to Cumulus stations. “Cumulus is basically saying—if in fact it’s true that they’re going to do this—that they don’t want to be in the business of selling that type of controversial political talk,” he says.

Meanwhile, Limbaugh is sending his own public signals, and he has still some bargaining chips left. “What you have here is public negotiation,” says Jerry Del Colliano, publisher of the radio-industry tip sheet Inside Music Media. “Limbaugh is telling everybody, ‘I'm not going anywhere,’ and I love that comment because he's right. He isn't going anywhere. [Dickey] is playing a real dangerous game. If you take the replacement characters for Cumulus—who they have left without Sean and Rush—you've got Geraldo, you've got Huckabee, and Michael ‘I Hope You Die of AIDS’ Savage. And do you know that those three replacements do not do anywhere near $4 million a year in revenue nationally, on all their stations? If [Dickey] doesn't do a deal,” Del Colliano says, he could just exit the talk game altogether, “and then flip to sports.”

*snip*

[Dickey] is playing a real dangerous game. If you take the replacement characters for Cumulus—who they have left without Sean and Rush—you've got Geraldo, you've got Huckabee, and Michael ‘I Hope You Die of AIDS’ Savage. And do you know that those three replacements do not do anywhere near $4 million a year in revenue nationally, on all their stations? If [Dickey] doesn't do a deal,” Del Colliano says, he could just exit the talk game altogether, “and then flip to sports.”

Actually Synthia agrees, Rush & Sean are going nowhere...

If Limbaugh was irrelevant the radical left wouldn't be whining about him every chance they get. The only thing that seems to be irrelevant these days is the 1st Amendment.

Forum List

Back