Rush Limbaugh’s Long, Slow March to Irrelevance

Ah, another empty-suit post. Thanks, we were scratching our heads about what to do with that extra bandwidth. Problem solved. :clap2:

If you think that Obama is high on the Constitution, I have little interest in arguing with a delusive mind.

You already admitted you have nothing. We get it. Make a note to come armed next time.

You already lost this one, and yet you're moving the goalposts to O'bama? :cuckoo:

To quote one of everybody's favorite entities, the IRS: "Do you have evidence to support your claim? If so, is the evidence written?"

This oughta be good...

One thing I've noticed is that the radical left posts stuff they wish was true and end up confusing it with reality. There are more posts on this forum discussing Limbaugh than there are posts on the political forum discussing the president. I'd say that indicates a strong case for Rush's relevance.

If you think that Obama is high on the Constitution, I have little interest in arguing with a delusive mind.

You already admitted you have nothing. We get it. Make a note to come armed next time.

You already lost this one, and yet you're moving the goalposts to O'bama? :cuckoo:

To quote one of everybody's favorite entities, the IRS: "Do you have evidence to support your claim? If so, is the evidence written?"

This oughta be good...

Thanks for that setup, straight man. I sure do; it's just too bad you can't remember your own words:

I just don't want the govt. interfering with free speech and trampling the Constitution. Liberals do.

I'm sure I'd hit a character limit if I tried to list everything. The Obama Regime shits on the Constitution.

Goalpost switch took one hour, 13 minutes.

It's a rare poster who can be called out for the same fallacy twice. :clap2:

Ride again? Third time's the charm I hear. :eusa_think:

Last edited:

This oughta be good...

Thanks for that setup, straight man. I sure do; it's just too bad you can't remember your own words:

I just don't want the govt. interfering with free speech and trampling the Constitution. Liberals do.

I'm sure I'd hit a character limit if I tried to list everything. The Obama Regime shits on the Constitution.

Goalpost switch took one hour, 13 minutes.

It's a rare poster who can be called out for the same fallacy twice. :clap2:

Ride again? Third time's the charm I hear. :eusa_think:

Ah, another empty-suit post. Thanks, we were scratching our heads about what to do with that extra bandwidth. Problem solved. :clap2:

Even after Rush is dead and buried he will stiil be relevant.

He's a legend. Like it or not.

lol, that is going to chap their asses even more...and they will still be bitching about him even then..

pathetic people they have nothing else to worry their wee minds with but some radio host..

Last edited:

lol, that is going to chap their asses even more...and they will still be bitching about him even then..

pathetic people they have nothing else to worry their wee minds with but some radio host..

Then it's odd that in the last 25 posts, the only posters even mentioning Rush are you Rushbots. Go ahead, check it.

Fantasy; reality. Know the difference.

Best, most accurate article about this yet:

Rush Limbaugh’s Long, Slow March to Irrelevance

Don’t listen to the headlines—Rush Limbaugh’s talk-radio supremacy ain’t over just yet. But it’s long been clear that his glory days are behind him. John Avlon on the final days of toxic right-wing talk.

Fox News presented an hourlong Rush Limbaugh infomercial on Greta Van Susteren’s show Tuesday night, allowing the embattled talk-radio giant to offer up uncontested howlers like this: “I get more grief than the al Qaeda gets.” And this: “I don’t see any pushback [by the GOP] against anything Obama wants to do.” And finally this: "I can't remember a time when it’s been more partisan, more divisive and getting worse—and being done on purpose.”

While Greta also found time to ask Rush’s opinion about the Zimmerman verdict (he pronounced it “uplifting”), no questions were asked about the big story that has Limbaugh in limbo: a Sunday-night report by Dylan Byers at Politico that suggested Rush and his right-wing talk colleague Sean Hannity are on the verge of being dropped by Cumulus radio.

The report follows months of complaints by Cumulus CEO Lew Dickey about the impact of an advertiser boycott of Rush enacted after he called birth-control advocate Sandra Fluke a “slut” back in early 2012—a drought that has resulted in some $2.4 million in associated losses over the first quarter of 2013 alone as The Daily Beast reported in May. Combine those losses with the high cost of running Rush—his last contract, an eight-year deal inked in 2008, had a $400 million price tag—and an aging fan base of white men and at best you’ve got a recipe for renegotiations. At worst: ejection.

But while Rush’s toxic formula of right-wing talk radio is surely dying, that doesn’t mean rigor mortis has set in. Headlines blaring the demise of Limbaugh and Hannity are jumping the gun, according to interviews with multiple radio analysts.

“My personal prediction, based upon what I know of the industry, is that it’s going to happen,” says Michael Harrison, publisher of Talkers magazine. “But I would never call you or call Politico or write in Talkers that it’s a fait accompli, because it’s not.” Harrison points out that Limbaugh and Hannity technically work for the radio conglomerate Clear Channel; their shows are syndicated to Cumulus stations. “Cumulus is basically saying—if in fact it’s true that they’re going to do this—that they don’t want to be in the business of selling that type of controversial political talk,” he says.

Meanwhile, Limbaugh is sending his own public signals, and he has still some bargaining chips left. “What you have here is public negotiation,” says Jerry Del Colliano, publisher of the radio-industry tip sheet Inside Music Media. “Limbaugh is telling everybody, ‘I'm not going anywhere,’ and I love that comment because he's right. He isn't going anywhere. [Dickey] is playing a real dangerous game. If you take the replacement characters for Cumulus—who they have left without Sean and Rush—you've got Geraldo, you've got Huckabee, and Michael ‘I Hope You Die of AIDS’ Savage. And do you know that those three replacements do not do anywhere near $4 million a year in revenue nationally, on all their stations? If [Dickey] doesn't do a deal,” Del Colliano says, he could just exit the talk game altogether, “and then flip to sports.”

*snip*

Show me one talking head blowhard on the radio or the idiot box who was ever relevant.

Then it's odd that in the last 25 posts, the only posters even mentioning Rush are you Rushbots. Go ahead, check it.

the conversations we have with each other is just that, amongst each other..

now you can take your irrelevant self and post and go count sheep or something

That has no meaning. What I did was corrected your fantasy of who the "pathetic people they have nothing else to worry their wee minds with but some radio host" are.

:popcorn:

That has no meaning. What I did was corrected your fantasy of who the "pathetic people they have nothing else to worry their wee minds with but some radio host" are.

yeah ok, pin a medal on your chest...you can go back and count how many threads I've started about Rush...then get back to me

Last edited:

yeah ok, pin a medal on your chest...you can go back and count how many threads I've started about Rush...then get back to me

-- And you can do the same for me. :thup:

That doesn't really prove anything. You're still making these lame claims that if people get information from a media source, then they are somehow weak minded. It's only a rare occasion that I ever listen to Rush. And I think he has an agenda like everyone else. Of course, his agenda is not necessarily detrimental to the nation; as is the agenda of people you support. But, if I did listen to Rush with any regularity that would not make me weak minded. That would mean I want to hear someone's perspective.

Last edited:

That doesn't really prove anything. You're still making these lame insinuations that if people get information from a media source, then they are somehow weak minded. It's only a rare occasion that I ever listen to Rush. And I think he has an agenda like everyone else. Of course, his agenda is not necessarily detrimental to the nation; as is the agenda of people you support. But, if I did listen to Rush with any regularity that would not make me weak minded. That would mean I want to hear someone's perspective.

How the fuck would you know what "people I support"? Calling out your own lack of logical basis --which was our exchange here-- doesn't even take a political position. Nor have I ever used the phrase "weak minded". Matter of fact nothing I've posted in this entire thread has been about either Limblab or radio listeners. :dunno:

I did the same with Stephanie; she wants to float the idea that one "side" is yammering about Limblob; so I pointed out that it's her "side" doing it.

Not rocket surgery. For most anyway.

Last edited:

That doesn't really prove anything. You're still making these lame insinuations that if people get information from a media source, then they are somehow weak minded. It's only a rare occasion that I ever listen to Rush. And I think he has an agenda like everyone else. Of course, his agenda is not necessarily detrimental to the nation; as is the agenda of people you support. But, if I did listen to Rush with any regularity that would not make me weak minded. That would mean I want to hear someone's perspective.

How the fuck would you know what "people I support"? Calling out your own lack of logical basis --which was our exchange here-- doesn't even take a political position. Nor have I ever used the phrase "weak minded". Matter of fact nothing I've posted in this entire thread has been about either Limblab or radio listeners. :dunno:

I did the same with Stephanie; she wants to float the idea that one "side" is yammering about Limblob; so I pointed out that it's her "side" doing it.

The term Rushbots for people who listen to Rush implies weak mindedness, MORON. And it's no secret that you are an Obamabot, speaking of bots and who you support.

The term Rushbots for people who listen to Rush implies weak mindedness, MORON. And it's no secret that you are an Obamabot, speaking of bots and who you support.

Uh - really. "implies". Walk that sucker back. :lol:

"No secret"? So why don't you go ahead and post my Obamabot posts. Just one. Matter of fact post anything where I've commented on an O'bama policy at all.

We did this same thing yesterday. I'm gonna get the same pussy response...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAp9sFVdERQ]Run away! - Monty Python and the Holy Grail - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

"No secret"? So why don't you go ahead and post my Obamabot posts. Just one. Matter of fact post anything where I've commented on an O'bama policy at all.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAp9sFVdERQ]Run away! - Monty Python and the Holy Grail - YouTube[/ame]

I don't care to walk that back. That'd be like walking back common sense. You don't call someone a bot if you don't think they're not weak minded. Hence, why I called you a bot. You take a few minutes to think about that simple logic. It'll be a zinger once it hits. Or you can stay in your moronic rut. It makes me no never mind.

And I won't be going through your posts. Don't flatter yourself. I've seen you on here defending Obama for as much as the day is long.

I don't care to walk that back. That'd be like walking back common sense. You don't call someone a bot if you don't think they're not weak minded. Hence, why I called you a bot. You take a few minutes to think about that simple logic. It'll be a zinger once it hits. Or you can stay in your moronic rut. It makes me no never mind.

And I won't be going through your posts. Don't flatter yourself. I've seen you on here defending Obama for as much as the day is long.

Of course you won't. Because once again you're pulling it out of your ass and haven't learned "think before posting".
Odd that for all these posts you've "seen" they're suddenly so scarce, innit?

Thanks for the crickets.

Last edited:
I'd take crickets to your jibber jabber. You got schooled, son. I mean, I knocked that shit out of the park. You're like the guy who's still talking when the game's already over and you've lost.

I mean you're so damn dumb that you get owned and you just keep coming back with more nonsense. You're like that kid who just keeps pestering away no matter how many times he gets slapped around. Sorry, but most people eventually get tired and move on, bro.

Forum List

Back