National Public Radio has become Nearly Wall-to-Wall anti-Israeli Propaganda

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
I often listen to NPR because I like talk radio while I'm driving and the AM Conservative talkers are so popular and successful that advertising takes a lot of their air time. But, I'd listen to NPR anyway, because I don't want an insulated view of the world. I like to hear from different sides and then come to my own conclusion, not be spoon fed what my opinion is "supposed to be" from any side. I have contributed in the past, but this fund-drive season, they'll have to do without my money.

Haven't taken a formal sample, but just turning them on at random times, I find the majority of times, I tune into an anti-Israeli story or one starts almost immediately. I'd guess about 70% of the air time is now stuff like this:

The progressive Jewish group If Not Now went to Capitol Hill last week to talk to lawmakers and hold a rally.

While the group sang a call-and-response of "cease-fire now" and "not in our name" next to the Reflecting Pool, Matan Arad-Neeman, the group's spokesman, explained why they were there.

"We've only seen — what is it — 17 members of Congress so far call for a cease-fire. And I'm so grateful for their moral courage," he said. "But the rest of Congress needs to step up and end this bloodshed."

. . .

"In the 1970s you see the emergence of a real special relationship there, where the United States gives Israel quite generous support and to a large extent gives it unconditionally," explained Stephen Walt, professor of international relations at Harvard's Kennedy School.
I put the word "unconditionally" in red and italics to recreate the morally outraged tone with which Walt said it.

This was while driving home to day. The very next story had the narrator calling the October 17 Surprise attack by Hamas "the start of Israel's war against Hamas."

In another story - all of this in less than an hour - the narrator spoke in similar moralist tones that "Israel's stated aim is the eradication of Hamas." I'm sure that is true. What that story left out as that Hamas stated aim is to eradicate Israel. Not the Israeli government, not the Israeli military, but all of Israel, they make no distinction between civilians, civilians helping the military, and the military.

This story - yes, also within that hour drive home - is a professor of international law explaining how Israel is violating international law. Not a word about whether Hamas is complying with international laws of warfare, or whether it is a signatory to any of them.

NPR brags that only about 10% of its funding comes from federal sources. It's time for them to really have bragging rights by reducing that number to zero percent.

So is all the news but FOX news... and Tic tok should be banned in America forever... this is what we have warned you all about... the brainwashing of American citizens... first you teach them nothing but silliness and make them dumb as hell and then you use a popular app to brainwash them..... then they go home and brainwash their drunken dumb parents... 2 for 1....

I guess supporting the murdery rapey pally inbreds gives these kids some kind of endorphin rush?

Do they actually even know what they're supporting?

They're supporting toddlers being taught to be suicide bombers.

Palestinians are taught to hate Jews and be killers with their ABCs and first words.

I often listen to NPR because I like talk radio while I'm driving and the AM Conservative talkers are so popular and successful that advertising takes a lot of their air time. But, I'd listen to NPR anyway, because I don't want an insulated view of the world. I like to hear from different sides and then come to my own conclusion, not be spoon fed what my opinion is "supposed to be" from any side. I have contributed in the past, but this fund-drive season, they'll have to do without my money.

Haven't taken a formal sample, but just turning them on at random times, I find the majority of times, I tune into an anti-Israeli story or one starts almost immediately. I'd guess about 70% of the air time is now stuff like this:

The progressive Jewish group If Not Now went to Capitol Hill last week to talk to lawmakers and hold a rally.

While the group sang a call-and-response of "cease-fire now" and "not in our name" next to the Reflecting Pool, Matan Arad-Neeman, the group's spokesman, explained why they were there.

"We've only seen — what is it — 17 members of Congress so far call for a cease-fire. And I'm so grateful for their moral courage," he said. "But the rest of Congress needs to step up and end this bloodshed."

. . .

"In the 1970s you see the emergence of a real special relationship there, where the United States gives Israel quite generous support and to a large extent gives it unconditionally," explained Stephen Walt, professor of international relations at Harvard's Kennedy School.
I put the word "unconditionally" in red and italics to recreate the morally outraged tone with which Walt said it.

This was while driving home to day. The very next story had the narrator calling the October 17 Surprise attack by Hamas "the start of Israel's war against Hamas."

In another story - all of this in less than an hour - the narrator spoke in similar moralist tones that "Israel's stated aim is the eradication of Hamas." I'm sure that is true. What that story left out as that Hamas stated aim is to eradicate Israel. Not the Israeli government, not the Israeli military, but all of Israel, they make no distinction between civilians, civilians helping the military, and the military.

This story - yes, also within that hour drive home - is a professor of international law explaining how Israel is violating international law. Not a word about whether Hamas is complying with international laws of warfare, or whether it is a signatory to any of them.

NPR brags that only about 10% of its funding comes from federal sources. It's time for them to really have bragging rights by reducing that number to zero percent.

Since I’m paying for it with my tax dollars I might listen just to hear what the far left is saying

But its very predictable

Last edited:
It's easier to sword rattle behind a weak leader who coerces his constituency into conflict, than stand behind a strong one who would avoid it

~S~
Strong leaders would have said. You are holding Americans Hostage. You have 24 hours or im gonna start breaking shit.

Weak leaders go to our enemies and bribe them to be nice. Strong ones say Or Else and the other side knows they arent joking

Why are you so terrified of hearing about the other side of the argument?

. . .

I don’t Often listen to NPR , but when I do it’s after drinking an entire case of Dos Equis beer! And then they are the most interesting radio show in the world!

There’s not much of an other side until those Palestinians return the 200 plus civilian prisoners. Until then no one need to be talking about cease fire.

If they want a damn ease fire , release the hostages first , who have no military significance.

It’s all bullshit. Hamas wants to kill and pretty much hs said so right there in their charter

. . .

Government run.

I don’t Often listen to NPR , but when I do it’s after drinking an entire case of Dos Equis beer! And then they are the most interesting radio show in the world!
That's because by that time it's "Coast-to-Coast"! :D

I'm afraid there is no other side of the argument.

You simply can't go into another country, brutally murders more than a thousand of its civilian woman and children, take a few hundred more hostage, threaten those with death and expect no retaliation.

Palestinians initiated the conflict and they are orchestrating the response.

Israel just has to do what they need to do and then end it.

Forum List

Back