Retired Lt. Gen.: Trumps Boastful Thanksgiving Message to Troops Somewhat Insulting

Retired Lt. Gen.: Trumps Boastful Thanksgiving Message to Troops Somewhat Insulting
Source: Mediate

by Aidan McLaughlin | 12:22 pm, November 23rd, 2017

Retired Lieutenant General Mark Hertling appeared on CNN Thursday to discuss President Donald Trump’s Thanksgiving call to U.S. service members — and called the president’s remarks “somewhat insulting” and “off-kilter.”

Hertling, a CNN military analyst, first noted that he was “thankful for the fact that [Trump] did address the soldiers,” but that “the message that I heard and some of the things he said would have not rung very well with me had I been a deployed soldier.”

In the call, made from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort, the president dinged the previous administration for its efforts combatting ISIS, claiming that the U.S. is now “winning” against the terror group “because I’m letting you do your job.”

“We have been winning,” Hertling contented on CNN. “You’re talking to soldiers and military personnel around the world who have been in this fight for 17 years and to suddenly be told they’re winning now when they weren’t winning before is somewhat insulting, first of all.”

Read more: Retired Lt. Gen.: Trump’s Boastful Thanksgiving Message to Troops ‘Somewhat Insulting’

Trump can't help himself! He gots to credit himself as he is a boastful asshole and doesn't give a single damn about our troops! Where the fuck is he this morning? Oh'yesss, golfing.
If Trump was a tranny you'd worship him.

Retired Lieutenant General Mark Hertling appeared on CNN Thursday to discuss President Donald Trump’s Thanksgiving call to U.S. service members — and called the president’s remarks “somewhat insulting” and “off-kilter.”

Hertling, a CNN military analyst, first noted that he was “thankful for the fact that [Trump] did address the soldiers,” but that “the message that I heard and some of the things he said would have not rung very well with me had I been a deployed soldier.”

In the call, made from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort, the president dinged the previous administration for its efforts combatting ISIS, claiming that the U.S. is now “winning” against the terror group “because I’m letting you do your job.”

“We have been winning,” Hertling contented on CNN. “You’re talking to soldiers and military personnel around the world who have been in this fight for 17 years and to suddenly be told they’re winning now when they weren’t winning before is somewhat insulting, first of all.”

Read more: Retired Lt. Gen.: Trump’s Boastful Thanksgiving Message to Troops ‘Somewhat Insulting’

Trump can't help himself! He gots to credit himself as he is a boastful asshole and doesn't give a single damn about our troops! Where the fuck is he this morning? Oh'yesss, golfing.
CNN.

nuff said.

In the battle against ISIS Trump is just continuing the policies of the Great Obama

I hope those bone spurs don't hamper Trump's golf game today.

Bone spurs are temporary.
Thank goodness for that!
I assumed that he must have been in constant pain while getting on and off his golf cart every weekend.

My wife had bone spurs to the point she could barely walk. After seeing a doctor, she recovered but it was a long slow process.
Trump had a miraculous recovery

For the record, Ron Paul received more money from active military personel doners out of all of the Presidential candidates in 2008 and 2012.

For the record, Ron Paul received more money from active military personel doners out of all of the Presiden candidates in 2008 and 2012.
And...? (nothing negative, just seeking clarification as to what you meant....)

If Trump was a tranny you'd worship him.

Dear miketx only if he ran as a Democrat.
As a Republican, he'd get the Milo treatment
and attacked and rejected as a fake.

Once again our president is shamelessly looking for praise

And...? (nothing negative, just seeking clarification as to what you meant....)

Because the horse puckey in the op about 'winning' is nothing more than political grandstanding. It's meant to encourage the typical football mentality that we so often see dominate discussion on the issue in places like this.

For active military to make such a bold statement by contributing the most money to the anti-war candidate says something about their feelings about the candidates and about the wars. His message was clear. The man said we marched right in there, we can march right back out. And, again, he received more money than any other candidate in both elections.

Somebody has to say it. May as well be me.

The views shifted depending on which service members were surveyed, though. While 48% of enlisted troops said they approved of Trump, only 30% of officers held a favorable opinion of the commander-in-chief.

Per the poll, 53% of officers said they had unfavorable views of Trump.

The poll revealed some other divides, as well:

• Men in the military were more likely to support Trump (47%) than women in the military (32%)
  • Non-white troops were more to view Trump unfavorably (51%) than white troops (37%)
  • The president was the most popular among Marines (59% favorable)
  • He was the least popular among sailors (49% unfavorable)
At least the officers had some common sense.

Obama purged all the intelligent officers with their own opinions, so that's meaningless.

Meanwhile, the seas never stopped receding. Peace did not reign supreme. The mood and moral of the US military went to shit. It’s highly likely this retired General was dismissed and passed over for promotion and is just racking up brownie points for a future in politics.

Forum List

Back