Retired Lt. Gen.: Trumps Boastful Thanksgiving Message to Troops Somewhat Insulting

I served honorably and faithfully protecting alt right commies like ima, who did not serve. :)

Democrats vowed not to normalize the president and to attack every thing he did whether major or inconsequential.

This is just part of the plan.

i would like nothing better than for Trump to actually do even half of what he promised.
Replace Obamacare with healthcare that covers more people at a fraction of the cost.
Get Mexico to pay for the wall.
Eradicate ISIS
Balance the budget

And the list goes on and on and on

If Trump could govern successfully for the welfare of all Americans, sure, I would support him.

If Trump could govern successfully for the welfare of all Americans, sure, I would support him.

Based on everything Trump promised, I would have voted for him, except i've seen "promise everything to everybody" candidates before, and know their promises were all bull shit.

I was active duty (airborne infantry) for twelve years, B_K.

Thank you for your service. It doesn't mean you hang out out with current-day military, nor does it change the fact of troops' opinions regarding Obama v. Trump.

28 members of my family have served since 1917.

Comparative. Grandfathers in WWI, one served in Europe under Pershing. In WWII, my Dad was a pilot in the Army Air Corp. Had an uncle who squatted in a ditch for two weeks on the beach at Guadalcanal, and one in Europe who ended up in Berlin.

Numerous other relatives have served in various capacities over the decades.

Did you serve?

I did not. I was exposed to the second draft lottery in 1972. My numbers were high, and I was never called. My father had died fairly recently, and my brother was already serving in Vietnam. Under those circumstances, it was felt that enlistment at that time would be pushing the family's luck.

Had I been called, I would have served.

Thank you to the person who thanked me for my service.

I visit the VA twice a month and Camp Williams half a dozen times a year.

I talk to active duty family members all the time (there are four of them).

They are becoming disenchanted with Supreme Commander Orange.

They do have faith the Kelly, Mattis, McMaster, and Sutherland will stop Trump if they need to.

Retired Lt. Gen.: Trumps Boastful Thanksgiving Message to Troops Somewhat Insulting
Source: Mediate

by Aidan McLaughlin | 12:22 pm, November 23rd, 2017

Retired Lieutenant General Mark Hertling appeared on CNN Thursday to discuss President Donald Trump’s Thanksgiving call to U.S. service members — and called the president’s remarks “somewhat insulting” and “off-kilter.”

Hertling, a CNN military analyst, first noted that he was “thankful for the fact that [Trump] did address the soldiers,” but that “the message that I heard and some of the things he said would have not rung very well with me had I been a deployed soldier.”

In the call, made from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort, the president dinged the previous administration for its efforts combatting ISIS, claiming that the U.S. is now “winning” against the terror group “because I’m letting you do your job.”

“We have been winning,” Hertling contented on CNN. “You’re talking to soldiers and military personnel around the world who have been in this fight for 17 years and to suddenly be told they’re winning now when they weren’t winning before is somewhat insulting, first of all.”

Read more: Retired Lt. Gen.: Trump’s Boastful Thanksgiving Message to Troops ‘Somewhat Insulting’

Trump can't help himself! He gots to credit himself as he is a boastful asshole and doesn't give a single damn about our troops! Where the fuck is he this morning? Oh'yesss, golfing.

Shrug.

It was difficult to win while Obama was insistent upon losing, and keeping the troops shackled by ridiculous rules of engagement.

The general is either mistaken, or with Obama. I guarantee the troops agree with Trump on these matters.
Your guarantee is worth what you have written: your opinion.
is that like what you said in post 4....your opinion?....

Source: Mediate

by Aidan McLaughlin | 12:22 pm, November 23rd, 2017

Retired Lieutenant General Mark Hertling appeared on CNN Thursday to discuss President Donald Trump’s Thanksgiving call to U.S. service members — and called the president’s remarks “somewhat insulting” and “off-kilter.”

Hertling, a CNN military analyst, first noted that he was “thankful for the fact that [Trump] did address the soldiers,” but that “the message that I heard and some of the things he said would have not rung very well with me had I been a deployed soldier.”

In the call, made from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort, the president dinged the previous administration for its efforts combatting ISIS, claiming that the U.S. is now “winning” against the terror group “because I’m letting you do your job.”

“We have been winning,” Hertling contented on CNN. “You’re talking to soldiers and military personnel around the world who have been in this fight for 17 years and to suddenly be told they’re winning now when they weren’t winning before is somewhat insulting, first of all.”

Read more: Retired Lt. Gen.: Trump’s Boastful Thanksgiving Message to Troops ‘Somewhat Insulting’

Trump can't help himself! He gots to credit himself as he is a boastful asshole and doesn't give a single damn about our troops! Where the fuck is he this morning? Oh'yesss, golfing.

The term "CNN military analyst" is an oxymoron.

It would be easier if thin skinned twats just told us when they like a Trump tweet, rather than telling us about all the ones they don’t like.

We can just assume you guys hate every tweet.

Forum List

Back