Trump orders American troops to retreat

Sandy Shanks

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2018
Uh-oh. Double uh-oh! Now there is a second whistleblower, this one with first-hand knowledge of events.

So, what does Trump do? What he always does. He replaces one moronic decision -- asking two foreign powers to interfere in our Presidential election -- with another moronic decision. Why? To change the subject, of course. In this case, ordering the retreat of American troops in Syria, enabling the Turks to annihilate our allies, the Kurds, in northern Syria. Turkey regards the Kurds as terrorists, and Kurdish rebellions against the Turks go back two centuries.

It is important to know that it was the Kurds, along with the Syrian rebels, who did the fighting and destroyed the ISIS caliphate in Syria. The Kurds were the effective fighting force that eliminated the ISIS caliphate in Iraq. The Iraqi army contributed.

Now Trump orders the abandonment of that ally. Betrayed by Trump and forced to fight a potentially bloody conflict with Turkey, the Kurdish-led forces will likely abandon any further effort to control ISIS. The U.S. troops in Syria will then be forced to withdraw entirely, which would be a major victory for Russia and open the way for Iran to entrench its forces along Israel’s northern border. U.S. allies around the world meanwhile will have reason to question whether they should cooperate with the Trump government that so casually abandons military partners.

It goes to the depravity of our military's leadership under the non-military Trump that Joint Chief Chairman Gen. Mark Milley and Defense Secretary Mark Esper were not surprised by Trump's decision.

The militarily ignorant Trump intends to replace American troops with rhetoric. “As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!),Trump tweeted.

"In my great and unmatched wisdom." One of two things are true. Trump has become a stand-up comic or he is losing his mind. In any case, he is not the least bit funny.

However, not to worry. This is a con. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and Syria envoy Brett McGurk resigned from their positions in December over Trump’s call for a complete U.S. withdrawal, which Trump later reversed because of the heat he received from Republicans. The same thing is happening all over again. Even Mitch McConnell and Fox and Friends joined the chorus of abuse heaped upon our Commander-in-Chief (please don't laugh). When the Framers gave command of the military to the President they never dreamed that Americans would chose an incompetent idiot like Trump.

Trump will take this Republican abuse for a day or two, then he will change his mind and blame the decision on someone else. After all, the cowardly decision was only meant as a diversion from the impeachment drama.

I have no idea why over 60 million Americans support Trump. I wonder if they know why. They don't support him very well. Trump's detractors walk all over Trump, and his fans say very little.

This source contributed to this report: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...c9880a-e91e-11e9-9306-47cb0324fd44_story.html

I'm new here and I'm guessing you don't appreciate President Trump . That's fine with me but I kinda like having a leader that's up front with his ideas and doesn't bullshit the baker - but that's only me being me .

I'm new here and I'm guessing you don't appreciate President Trump . That's fine with me but I kinda like having a leader that's up front with his ideas and doesn't bullshit the baker - but that's only me being me .
Lots of liberals here side with the enemy. When our southern border was being invaded by Hispanics, Trump sided with patriotic Americans, liberals sided with the people who came here from shit hole countries.

What do you think of his actual idea and now action of pulling troops?

Lots of liberals here side with the enemy. When our southern border was being invaded by Hispanics, Trump sided with patriotic Americans, liberals sided with the people who came here from shit hole countries.
Oh it won't just be the leftists whining about this decision. The neo con war lovers here are whining about it as well.

Who is the enemy?

Who is the enemy?
Certainly not me .

There is no good reason for the American taxpayer to fund never ending wars overseas!

he ran on pulling out kids out of the sand fleas backyard and we elected him on it . That region and it's inhabitants have never changed their ways (I'm assuming it's a Muslim thing ) and are no different than Africa . No matter how much rubbing we do the old adage still applies - you can't shine a turd !

he ran on pulling out kids out of the sand fleas backyard and we elected him on it . That region and it's inhabitants have never changed their ways (I'm assuming it's a Muslim thing ) and are no different than Africa . No matter how much rubbing we do the old adage still applies - you can't shine a turd !
The war over there is camel jockeys versus camel jockeys. Apparently Dems like some of the camel jockeys.

He also ran on defeating Isis and we did so largely because of the Kurds who stood on the front lines and lost 11k soldiers. Those are the guys that we are leaving high and dry by pulling out. Does that sound honorable to you?

Uh-oh. Double uh-oh! Now there is a second whistleblower, this one with first-hand knowledge of events.

So, what does Trump do? What he always does. He replaces one moronic decision -- asking two foreign powers to interfere in our Presidential election -- with another moronic decision. Why? To change the subject, of course. In this case, ordering the retreat of American troops in Syria, enabling the Turks to annihilate our allies, the Kurds, in northern Syria. Turkey regards the Kurds as terrorists, and Kurdish rebellions against the Turks go back two centuries.

It is important to know that it was the Kurds, along with the Syrian rebels, who did the fighting and destroyed the ISIS caliphate in Syria. The Kurds were the effective fighting force that eliminated the ISIS caliphate in Iraq. The Iraqi army contributed.

Now Trump orders the abandonment of that ally. Betrayed by Trump and forced to fight a potentially bloody conflict with Turkey, the Kurdish-led forces will likely abandon any further effort to control ISIS. The U.S. troops in Syria will then be forced to withdraw entirely, which would be a major victory for Russia and open the way for Iran to entrench its forces along Israel’s northern border. U.S. allies around the world meanwhile will have reason to question whether they should cooperate with the Trump government that so casually abandons military partners.

It goes to the depravity of our military's leadership under the non-military Trump that Joint Chief Chairman Gen. Mark Milley and Defense Secretary Mark Esper were not surprised by Trump's decision.

The militarily ignorant Trump intends to replace American troops with rhetoric. “As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!),Trump tweeted.

"In my great and unmatched wisdom." One of two things are true. Trump has become a stand-up comic or he is losing his mind. In any case, he is not the least bit funny.

However, not to worry. This is a con. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and Syria envoy Brett McGurk resigned from their positions in December over Trump’s call for a complete U.S. withdrawal, which Trump later reversed because of the heat he received from Republicans. The same thing is happening all over again. Even Mitch McConnell and Fox and Friends joined the chorus of abuse heaped upon our Commander-in-Chief (please don't laugh). When the Framers gave command of the military to the President they never dreamed that Americans would chose an incompetent idiot like Trump.

Trump will take this Republican abuse for a day or two, then he will change his mind and blame the decision on someone else. After all, the cowardly decision was only meant as a diversion from the impeachment drama.

I have no idea why over 60 million Americans support Trump. I wonder if they know why. They don't support him very well. Trump's detractors walk all over Trump, and his fans say very little.

This source contributed to this report: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...c9880a-e91e-11e9-9306-47cb0324fd44_story.html

He replaces one moronic decision -- asking two foreign powers to interfere in our Presidential election

Outrageous!

Dem corruption must not be investigated.

Dem corruption must remain hidden.

You will see the same standard partisan hypocrisy with this decision when President Obama withdrew all U.S. troops from Iraq the left cheered him and the right trashed him now you will see the same thing in reverse. Considering getting the U.S. out of these conflicts is something Trump campiganed on this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Forum List

Back