Retired Lt. Gen.: Trumps Boastful Thanksgiving Message to Troops Somewhat Insulting

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Retired Lt. Gen.: Trumps Boastful Thanksgiving Message to Troops Somewhat Insulting
Source: Mediate

by Aidan McLaughlin | 12:22 pm, November 23rd, 2017

Retired Lieutenant General Mark Hertling appeared on CNN Thursday to discuss President Donald Trump’s Thanksgiving call to U.S. service members — and called the president’s remarks “somewhat insulting” and “off-kilter.”

Hertling, a CNN military analyst, first noted that he was “thankful for the fact that [Trump] did address the soldiers,” but that “the message that I heard and some of the things he said would have not rung very well with me had I been a deployed soldier.”

In the call, made from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort, the president dinged the previous administration for its efforts combatting ISIS, claiming that the U.S. is now “winning” against the terror group “because I’m letting you do your job.”

“We have been winning,” Hertling contented on CNN. “You’re talking to soldiers and military personnel around the world who have been in this fight for 17 years and to suddenly be told they’re winning now when they weren’t winning before is somewhat insulting, first of all.”

Read more: Retired Lt. Gen.: Trump’s Boastful Thanksgiving Message to Troops ‘Somewhat Insulting’

Trump can't help himself! He gots to credit himself as he is a boastful asshole and doesn't give a single damn about our troops! Where the fuck is he this morning? Oh'yesss, golfing.

Both enlisted and brass are coming to realize the Orange Doofus is fully capable of getting them killed for non-vital reasons to America. So are their families.

Retired Lieutenant General Mark Hertling appeared on CNN Thursday to discuss President Donald Trump’s Thanksgiving call to U.S. service members — and called the president’s remarks “somewhat insulting” and “off-kilter.”

Hertling, a CNN military analyst, first noted that he was “thankful for the fact that [Trump] did address the soldiers,” but that “the message that I heard and some of the things he said would have not rung very well with me had I been a deployed soldier.”

In the call, made from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort, the president dinged the previous administration for its efforts combatting ISIS, claiming that the U.S. is now “winning” against the terror group “because I’m letting you do your job.”

“We have been winning,” Hertling contented on CNN. “You’re talking to soldiers and military personnel around the world who have been in this fight for 17 years and to suddenly be told they’re winning now when they weren’t winning before is somewhat insulting, first of all.”

Read more: Retired Lt. Gen.: Trump’s Boastful Thanksgiving Message to Troops ‘Somewhat Insulting’

Trump can't help himself! He gots to credit himself as he is a boastful asshole and doesn't give a single damn about our troops! Where the fuck is he this morning? Oh'yesss, golfing.

Shrug.

It was difficult to win while Obama was insistent upon losing, and keeping the troops shackled by ridiculous rules of engagement.

The general is either mistaken, or with Obama. I guarantee the troops agree with Trump on these matters.

Those troops had tears in their eyes they are so damn proud to have a real leader....not a fraud from Kenya

Shrug.

It was difficult to win while Obama was insistent upon losing, and keeping the troops shackled by ridiculous rules of engagement.

The general is either mistaken, or with Obama. I guarantee the troops agree with Trump on these matters.
Your guarantee is worth what you have written: your opinion.

Shrug.

Your guarantee is worth what you have written: your opinion.

Based upon comments made by military personnel of my acquaintance. Obama was detested.

Based on my comments to me by military, Obama had some supporters but they were in the military.

Based on family members in the military now, the officers, NCOs, and the enlisted are becoming very wary of Orange CiC.

Shrug.

SOunds about right.

Democrats vowed not to normalize the president and to attack every thing he did whether major or inconsequential.

This is just part of the plan.

Big, big difference between what the Brass thinks and the Enlisted troops.

Gotta love watching leftists squirm. Economy going up substantially, military winning what Obama could not, Moore looking like he might still win, and the paid posters of the left? Why, they have to reach down to an OPINION, since they have nothing else, lololol. Another NOTHING burger from the left, as they grasp at every straw they can find, trying to avoid the steamroller coming their way.

Carry on leftists. The Trump Derangement Syndrome is strong within Sciencerocks-)

Both enlisted and brass are coming to realize the Orange Doofus is fully capable of getting them killed for non-vital reasons to America. So are their families.
Are you kidding? The chocolate messiha was even more guilty of capable of getting our military killed or wounded than Trump.

Based on my comments to me by military, Obama had some supporters but they were in the military.

Based on family members in the military now, the officers, NCOs, and the enlisted are becoming very wary of Orange CiC.

I believe the military vote last November was 4-1 Trump.

And yeah, I bet you hang out with a lot of military folks. :laugh:

I was active duty (airborne infantry) for twelve years, B_K.

28 members of my family have served since 1917.

Did you serve?

I believe the military vote last November was 4-1 Trump.

And yeah, I bet you hang out with a lot of military folks. :laugh:

Over there,
Over there,

The Jake is coming,
The Jake is coming,

On KP duty and smoking weed, doing his lefty share-)

Forum List

Back