Sent by Trump, soldiers arrive at border as migrant caravan in Mexico pushes north

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
I consider myself a pretty peaceable person however I'm having difficulting reconciling the leaders of nations scrambling to make accomodations to those who are making demands upon them to essentially let them have their way. For example this:

"We are not killers," said Stephany Lopez, 21, who traveld from El Salvador. "We just want to work for a few years, and after that he can deport us if he wants."

or this

On Friday, the governor of the Mexican state of Veracruz, Miguel Angel Yunes, said that his government would provide 100 buses to transport the migrants to Mexico City or “any other place they want” as early as Saturday.

Sent by Trump, soldiers arrive at border as migrant caravan in Mexico pushes north

Nov. 3, 2018 / 12:46 PM PDT
By Gabe Gutierrez

HIDALGO, Texas — With the first of three Central American caravans of asylum seekers still more than 700 miles away from the U.S.-Mexico border, the military is beginning to fan out across southern Texas.

On Friday, soldiers reinforced the international bridge in Hidalgo, near McAllen, in the first wave of up to 15,000 troops that President Donald Trump has said will help secure the southern border. They are conducting drills and putting up chain-link fencing topped with barbed wire.

About 160 active-duty soldiers — mostly engineers and military police from various units — are now in the McAllen area, said U.S. Army Sgt. Maj. Faith Laughter.

In total, including members of the National Guard who have been at the border since April, Trump's military deployment to the border could cost more than $200 million, according to The Washington Post.

Hidalgo resident Josemaria Vasquez said she strongly opposes Trump's decision.

"There's better use of that money,” Vasquez said. “This is not an invasion."​

The Pentagon released their evaluation of the caravan situation and disagrees with almost every claim Trump has made. Sending 5 soldiers for each walking refugee is just dumb.
upload_2018-11-3_19-43-44.png

The Pentagon released their evaluation of the caravan situation and disagrees with almost every claim Trump has made. Sending 5 soldiers for each walking refugee is just dumb.
View attachment 226561

link to this idiocy.

The link is in the top line of the picture, but if that's too complicated for you
Trump's caravan rhetoric countered by Pentagon assessment

Can't see it. It wants me to turn off ad blocker.

What are they whining about?

View attachment 226561

link to this idiocy.

The link is in the top line of the picture, but if that's too complicated for you
Trump's caravan rhetoric countered by Pentagon assessment

Can't see it. It wants me to turn off ad blocker.

What are they whining about?

Not my problem, but it's easy enough to find. Google is your friend.
upload_2018-11-3_20-10-24.png

Forum List

Back