Republican Ken Buck Says Being Gay Is A Choice, And Also Like Alcoholism

Ken Buck certainly showed how much of a clueless moron he is.
Let's see;
13 Trillion debt
10% Unemployment
Economy in the shitter

But i'm supposed to care whether gays suck the cawk by choice or not? :confused:

Get rid of the Federal Income Tax and I'll support Gay Marriage.
Seal the borders and I'll support Marijuana Legalization.
Get rid of Social Security and I'll support Amnesty.

Why should anyone care why gays do what they do? Especially now?

You right wingers are hilarious. I told you you're racist and homophobes and sexist and you are always calling me a liar. Then you prove you ARE those things. Hilarious!

Republican Party 90% white and mostly Christian.

Only 6% of scientists are Republican and only 9% call themselves "conservative".

Personally, I think that last two numbers are vastly over inflated.
Democrat party...95% of all monorities vote democrat....And the difference is?
Who cares what you think "personally".
It is liberal elites that have created most of the problems facing this country today.
Being a homosexual is not a choice. Engaging in homosexual acts IS a choice.
Of course you in your left wing fanatacism will see two or three words of that sentence and then your head will explode in anger. You will accuse me of bigotry. Ok fine. If pointing out a fact is bigotry in your eyes, so be it. There is one constant that applies here. You cannot fix stupid.
Oh yeah....One other thing. Don't go posting staististics without links to back up your claims. Without evidence, your stats are nonsense.
Oh, proper news sources only.. Don't go slapping up a link from some left wing blog so we can read the rantings of some left wing moonbat who sits in his basement and between masturbation spasms bangs out his keyboard tripe.

it stands to reason that liberals would accept the idea that homosexuality is determined for you by birth. It takes away any responsibility for your actions and that is something near and dear to all iberals. If you don't believe that then you must be a stupid, racist, bigot, redneck, homophobic conservative.
It makes even more sense that "social conservatives" would want to insist that it is a choice. They want to be able to justify their homophobia and bigotry.

Even if sexual orientation were a choice (it isn't), how does that justify the bigotry? What does it matter to you what consenting adult I want to have relations or fall in love with?

If homosexuality is a choice, that means heterosexuality is a choice as well, which at worst makes neither better or less repulsive than the other one. The argument is a crock, and boils back down to rationalizing a personal distaste.
Thousands have changed? Do you have anything to back up that statement? "conversion" therapy has a success rate of less than 1%. The founders of the organization Exodus International failed at conversion therapy.

You can't change your sexual orientation. You can choose to not ACT upon your natural inclinations, but cannot change the inclinations themselves.

The big question is why should we have to? Because YOU think its yucky?

Perhaps you should read what the APA has to say on the subject. You will be hard pressed to find actual scientists that say being gay (or straight) is a choice.

Is this some sort of revelation?

I am astounded that people really admit they are so weak that they cant choose what they do.

Its not what you do but what you are....

A homosexual can choose not to have sex, so can you or I

They don't have a choice of who they fall in love with. Nor should they have to

Bullshit

There are 3 things it can be

Genetic abnormality - But then as with any genetic abnormality, people search for cures... except in this case because of the agenda

Learned Behavior - Voluntary or involuntary is of no consequence.. but would be no different than any other fetishism, such as a foot fetish as a learned behavior from infantile years

Or

Choice - Where a person is more likely trying to find any sort of acceptance, attention, or affection... could be because of feelings of inadequacy, could be because of emotional trauma, could be because of being an outcast, could be because of confusion... could be lots of things

So homosexuality is a disease like alcoholism??

Thanks for admitting that homosexuality is an abnormal medical condition. :eusa_angel:

No more of a disease than your own heterosexuality.

Nobody restricts who you are allowed to love......why do you insist on doing it for others?
^One of the most ignorant and stupid things I've ever read about this never ending debate.^

If a person had an extra finger growing out of their forehead, they'd get it removed because it's abnormal. When a man gets the urge to shove his penis up another mans rectum, that too is abnormal. Any argument to the contrary is pure dishonesty and gibberish.
It isn't normal for you, probably because your sexual orientation is mostly heterosexual. For the mostly gay man, having sex with a woman is abnormal for them. It doesn't feel natural.

Being gay is no more "abnormal" than being left handed. Neither is a choice and neither harms YOU in any way. Why do you wish to restrict the rights of gays and lesbians, but not of the left handed?

Homosexuality, IMO, is like lefthandedness. It is a choice to use one's left hand...but one uses one's left hand because one is born with the desire to use the left over the right. People may force you to use your right hand but you will always desire use of your left hand over your right hand.

Is this some sort of revelation?

I am astounded that people really admit they are so weak that they cant choose what they do.

Bullshit

Genetic abnormality - But then as with any genetic abnormality, people search for cures... except in this case because of the agenda

Learned Behavior - Voluntary or involuntary is of no consequence.. but would be no different than any other fetishism, such as a foot fetish as a learned behavior from infantile years

Or

Choice - Where a person is more likely trying to find any sort of acceptance, attention, or affection... could be because of feelings of inadequacy, could be because of emotional trauma, could be because of being an outcast, could be because of confusion... could be lots of things
Or it could be that you don't have any idea what you are talking about.

Being gay is no more "abnormal" than being left handed. Neither is a choice and neither harms YOU in any way. Why do you wish to restrict the rights of gays and lesbians, but not of the left handed?

Stop and listen to yourself. You need a huge fucking reality check. As it is, I can't even debate with someone making such asinine statements.

Bullshit

Or

Ok... then show what other types of things it can be.... we'll be waiting

Gene for Left-Handed Trait Discovered

In all likelihood there is no single "gay gene", but scientist DO agree that it isn't a choice. Most likely it is a combination of nature and nurture, but I can tell you from personal, eye-witness experience, it isn't a choice. My same sex attractions started at about age 5 when I started getting crushes on other girls (and Julie Andrews).

There was no personal trauma, I wasn't abused, didn't come from a broken home, have an overbearing mother or whatever other ridiculousness you can come up with.

I can assure you, however, that there was no "choice" involved except choosing to act upon my natural inclinations and that was a choice between being happy or being miserable. I chose happy.

Republican Ken Buck Says Being Gay Is A Choice, And Also Like Alcoholism

GREGORY: In a debate last month, you expressed your support for don’t ask, don’t tell, which we talked about with Mr. Gibbs. And you alluded to lifestyle choices. Do you that believe being gay is a choice?

BUCK: I do.

GREGORY: Based on what?

BUCK: Based on what?

GREGORY: Yeah, do you believe that?

BUCK: Well, I guess you can choose who your partner is.

GREGORY: You don’t think it’s something that’s determined at birth?

BUCK: I think that birth has an influence over it, like alcoholism and some other things, but I think that basically you have a choice.

Video of this after the jump.

Ken Buck certainly showed how much of a clueless moron he is.

i figure the guy gets up every day having to pretend he doesn't want to jump the pool boy's bones. otherwise, why would he think its a choice?

In all likelihood there is no single "gay gene", but scientist DO agree that it isn't a choice. Most likely it is a combination of nature and nurture, but I can tell you from personal, eye-witness experience, it isn't a choice. My same sex attractions started at about age 5 when I started getting crushes on other girls (and Julie Andrews).

There was no personal trauma, I wasn't abused, didn't come from a broken home, have an overbearing mother or whatever other ridiculousness you can come up with.

I can assure you, however, that there was no "choice" involved except choosing to act upon my natural inclinations and that was a choice between being happy or being miserable. I chose happy.

No... what you are spouting is unsubstantiated agenda propaganda... point blank

What YOU can tell me, some activist can tell me, or some gay person can tell me is of no consequence... there are indeed very limited things that are reasons behind actions.. and they have been presented to you... and since there is nothing that A) shows a proven gay gene or set of gay genes B) Shows all those claiming to be homosexual having those gene(s), your assumption is nothing more than bullshit

Last edited:

It might be naturally occurring, meaning it happens in nature, but don't confuse natural with normal. It's abnormal, and your best bet would have been to seek help when you were young for gender dysfunction, not letting it go. Acting on sexually dysfunctional urges is a bad choice.

Bullshit

Or

Ok... then show what other types of things it can be.... we'll be waiting
I'm too much of a "noob" to post links, but you can start with the APA:

There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay, or lesbian orientation. Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors. Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles; most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation.

It might be naturally occurring, meaning it happens in nature, but don't confuse natural with normal. It's abnormal, and your best bet would have been to seek help when you were young for gender dysfunction, not letting it go. Acting on sexually dysfunctional urges is a bad choice.
Roughly the same percentage of the population has been "gay" since the beginning of time. At this point, I wouldn't classify that as "abnormal".

I didn't have a gender dysfunction or a gender identity problem. I never wanted to be male (except when camping), I was just always attracted to women. No credible mental health profession would "treat" an individual for being gay.

What harm does my sexual orientation do to you whether it is a choice or not? Religion IS a choice and has caused more harm than anyone being gay ever has....

What YOU can tell me, some activist can tell me, or some gay person can tell me is of no consequence... there are indeed very limited things that are reasons behind actions.. and they have been presented to you... and since there is nothing that A) shows a proven gay gene or set of gay genes B) Shows all those claiming to be homosexual having those gene(s), your assumption is nothing more than bullshit
What I am "spouting" is the truth.

Nothing happened to me that would have "caused" my sexual orientation. I simply ALWAYS felt this way from my earliest possible memories.

There is plenty of empirical scientific evidence that points to a genetic predisposition for sexual orientation. Your refusing to believe it isn't MY problem.

What I am "spouting" is the truth.

Nothing happened to me that would have "caused" my sexual orientation. I simply ALWAYS felt this way from my earliest possible memories.

There is plenty of empirical scientific evidence that points to a genetic predisposition for sexual orientation. Your refusing to believe it isn't MY problem.

No.. what you are spouting is your unsubstantiated feeling and/or opinion... best learn the difference before posting more bullshit like this on here

There is ZERO scientific evidence that is widely held or proven that supports your case... Period.. end of statement

Stop and listen to yourself. You need a huge fucking reality check. As it is, I can't even debate with someone making such asinine statements.

ROFLMAO ... can't answer it can you? Typical...

Forum List

Back