Republican Ken Buck Says Being Gay Is A Choice, And Also Like Alcoholism

Truth is, most opposition to homosexuality is because people project homosexual acts onto themselves and are repulsed by it. Most like to dress it up as somehow relating to religion or society so they can rationalize away their prejudices, but in the end, its about a visceral reaction.

You think Muslim religion rejects men penetrating each other's hairy asses because it's repulsive, or the other way around?

Truth is, most opposition to homosexuality is because people project homosexual acts onto themselves and are repulsed by it. Most like to dress it up as somehow relating to religion or society so they can rationalize away their prejudices, but in the end, its about a visceral reaction.

You think Muslim religion rejects men penetrating each other's hairy asses because it's repulsive, or the other way around?

No....mostly because they are intolerant of those who do not conform....just like conservatives

I think..its none of my business.

But much like Muslims, Jews and Christians..Conservatives think it is their right to peek into bedrooms.

So much for personal liberty.

Last edited:

No....mostly because they are intolerant of those who do not conform....just like conservatives

How about other religions?

If homosexuality is a choice, that means heterosexuality is a choice as well, which at worst makes neither better or less repulsive than the other one. The argument is a crock, and boils back down to rationalizing a personal distaste.

Calling it a choice implies that people cannot feel that way naturally as they would a heterosexual relationship. And that they can be 'fixed' or 'corrected' into what one might consider 'normal.' The arguments for choice are just plain silly rationalizations for disliking someone for actively choosing to not conform to some kind of societal norm. It's a load of bollocks.

Last edited:
If homosexuality is a choice, that means heterosexuality is a choice as well, which at worst makes neither better or less repulsive than the other one. The argument is a crock, and boils back down to rationalizing a personal distaste.

Calling it a choice implies that people cannot feel that way naturally as they would a heterosexual relationship. And that they can be 'fixed' or 'corrected' into what one might consider 'normal.' The arguments for choice are just plain silly rationalizations for disliking someone for actively choosing to not conform to some kind of societal norm. It's a load of bollocks.

When two homosexuals can reproduce, we will consider calling it normal, until then you are shit out of luck....

Just like being black or tall is a choice.

Oh c'mon, you can't be that stupid.......unless you're a liberal.

Ever time you have a sexual urge you still make a choice whether to carry it out or not. It's absolutely absurd to compare that to being born with white or black skin, something which you have absolutely no control over. This is not a civil rights issue.

People can change. Thousands have changed from being homosexual to a normal heterosexual. I know that will only make you angry and you will not accept that fact, but reality is a bitch, get used to it.

Things won't ever change until people start being honest with themselves. And telling yourself you have no choice isn't being honest with yourself.

False dilemna. There is more than two choices. And the Choice people pick most is to choose nothing. In that case the default settings take charge.

But yes, you can choose to be hetrosexual as well. You can choose not to sin.

It's one of the beautiful parts of life. We have free will.

Ever time you have a sexual urge you still make a choice whether to carry it out or not. It's absolutely absurd to compare that to being born with white or black skin, something which you have absolutely no control over. This is not a civil rights issue.

Well, its good to know that you admit that sexual urges, and thus homosexuality is innate, since urges are a result of being hardwired at birth. Sometimes, you narrow-minded types deny this, but at least you are half way there.

Since we've now agreed that people's sexuality is not a choice, the question then becomes why homosexuals should choose not to have sex? There are usually two answers to this. The first is based on some archaic religious tract. Of course, once again, fundamentalist religious types conveniently pick and choose which parts of their holy books to obey and which to ignore, which you have demonstrated in other threads. The other reason is because of sheer prejudice. Because they think homosexual acts are disgusting, others should have to comply with their biases. This is the more ugly reason, and is, if most people are answering truthfully, the main reason why people oppose homosexuality and homosexual rights. Of course, they will also dress up their argument about being bad for morality or society, but that's nonsense.

Last edited:
True, homosexuality is alot like what confused animals do.

I had a dog once that fell in love with a friend of mine's leg.

The guy had to quit coming over to my house cause the dog wouldn't leave him alone. :lol:

We can use the same analogy for you...

Who do you love? Is it OK for others to ridicule who you chose to love?

I love my dog, but I don't plan on humping the poor little thing.

i'm sure it's very relieved to hear that.

the cat's probably feeling nervous, though.

Well, its good to know that you admit that sexual urges, and thus homosexuality is innate, since urges are a result of being hardwired at birth. Sometimes, you narrow-minded types deny this, but at least you are half way there.

Since we've now agreed that people's sexuality is not a choice, the question then becomes why homosexuals should choose not to have sex? There are usually two answers to this. The first is based on some archaic religious tract. Of course, once again, fundamentalist religious types conveniently pick and choose which parts of their holy books to obey and which to ignore, which you have demonstrated in other threads. The other reason is because of sheer prejudice. Because they think homosexual acts are disgusting, others should have to comply with their biases. This is the more ugly reason, and is, if most people are answering truthfully, the main reason why people oppose homosexuality and homosexual rights. Of course, they will also dress up their argument about being bad for morality or society, but that's nonsense.

I wonder if Jack Fate ever gets tired of being pwnd by you. :eusa_think:

When is the last time you had an urge to be romantic with another man?

People can change. Thousands have changed from being homosexual to a normal heterosexual. I know that will only make you angry and you will not accept that fact, but reality is a bitch, get used to it.

Show me facts.

So perhaps one of you "enlightened" lefties can tell us when and who discovered the "gay gene"? I'm really interested.

Why would you want a "scientific" explanation. Who on the right believes in "science"?

The obvious question for all of those who insist it's a choice, "When did you decide to stop being attracted to guys?"

Being homosexual is not a choice...just like being an alcoholic is not a choice.....

So homosexuality is a disease like alcoholism??

Thanks for admitting that homosexuality is an abnormal medical condition. :eusa_angel:

No more of a disease than your own heterosexuality.

Nobody restricts who you are allowed to love......why do you insist on doing it for others?
^One of the most ignorant and stupid things I've ever read about this never ending debate.^

If a person had an extra finger growing out of their forehead, they'd get it removed because it's abnormal. When a man gets the urge to shove his penis up another mans rectum, that too is abnormal. Any argument to the contrary is pure dishonesty and gibberish.

Forum List

Back