Practice Saying "ACA"

I have said quite a few times on this forum that ObamaCare is here to stay. Some of the dumber rubes mistook that to mean I support Obama and/or ObamaCare. I was also ridiculed for thinking ObamaCare is here to stay.

But I was just looking at reality and forecasting the obvious. Well, what was obvious to any sane person, anyway. During the messy rollout, much hooting and hollerin forecasting ObamaCare's doom could be heard from the rubes who are not in touch with reality.

It should also be noted I said that once it finally sinks in with the GOP that ObamaCare really, really, really is here to stay, then they will stop calling it "ObamaCare" and will start calling it "the ACA".

As I explained back then, once they realize they can't kill it, they will be forced to try and fix all the shit that is broken in it. Finally. Instead of wasting years trying to repeal it, they could have been trying to fix the worst parts of it, but NOOOOOOOOoooo...

Now that the GOP is going to control Congress, but not ever have enough votes to repeal it, they will begin to start calling it the ACA. They will want to strip Obama's association from health reform as they go about patching it up and taking credit for "fixing" it.

Watch and see.

UACA (unaffordable care act) sucks.

Funny how everyone expects the GOP to fix Obamacare. The Dems had their heads firmly up their asses when they passed it and still don't know what the hell is in it. But they've already blamed the disaster on Republicans because they didn't help the idiots write it.

As a democrat, and as a health insurance professional who spent 50 years in the business, I don't really care if the GOP "fixes" ACA or not. Frankly, I am making a mint on health insurance company stock since 2008. As an industry insider, I am delighted that my old job of turning people down who applied for health insurance is now illegal. However, the democrats do expect the GOP to "Fix" ACA, because we consider it a huge step up from the old system, where people routinely died, for being uninsurable and therefore could not pay for a bypass operation or lung transplant. That being the case, it is up to ACA's critics to "fix" what we consider a comparatively successful law. The GOP is, in fact, the ones who think that it needs "fixing" the most. I am pretty sure that the GOP would not like our idea of "Fixing" ACA. I would have simply lowered the age of Medicare eligibility to the date of birth.

Oh COOL! So you've testified that you spent 50 years in the Health Insurance game... Would ya be so good as to take a moment and explain to the board the purpose of Insurance? How it works and why obamacare is not feasible?

I ask because you claimed that you spent 50 years in the business, then gloated that 'the business' was being forced to do what it cannot do and remain in business... expressing your joy over the mint ya made on stock which must now, inevitably, collapse. So I'm getting some mixed signals and would really appreciate some clarification.

Well, as I wait for my stock to collapse, I am, in Liberace's words, "crying all the way to the bank."

Perhaps, you can explain why every industrialized nation on earth provides medical care on a universal basis, other than the USA? I don't give a rat's ass whether it is call "insurance" or "socialized medicine", if that is your hang up. My career was to turn down applications for health insurance for people who were going to cost the company more than they paid to the company. The end result of that was a lot of dead people. In fact, I sometimes received photographs of children who had died for lack of the money to fix a congenital hole in the heart, among other things. It was their parents way of telling me to fuck off, and I don't blame them. I know. Canada and Mexico, for example have terrible health care, right? So how come I cross the border on a regular basis to buy affordable prescription drugs and dental care in Nogales? Have you ever hear of a man from the United Kingdom coming to America to get better health care? If so, link, please. I fell off my motorcycle 2 months ago. The bill for ambulance, emergency room, x-ray and cat scan was $7,788.00. My HMO paid $813, with the contractual provision that they could not balance bill me. My copay was $345. Amount still due=$0. If I had not been insured, the hospital would have taking me to collections for $7,788. What a wonderful system we have had all these years!

I sympathize with your argument, but as a Canadian, I can tell you that Canadians do come to the US for better healthcare treatment.

I do ok financially, so I think I'm better off in America. But if I were poor or lower middle class, I'd be back in Canada in a heartbeat.

What angers me is that for the last 2 years, the GOP could have been working on fixing the danged thing but haven't. They've caused a tremendous amount of cost and grief to millions. Now that they are in charge they want to make you forget about it. The only reason they are in charge is that the other side made such a muck of things. If the GOPers don't start seriously fixing it, it will mean an end to their carreers in 2 years. I don't buy the overnight change. A leapord just doesn't change spots.

What angers me is that for the last 2 years, the GOP could have been working on fixing the danged thing but haven't. They've caused a tremendous amount of cost and grief to millions. Now that they are in charge they want to make you forget about it. The only reason they are in charge is that the other side made such a muck of things. If the GOPers don't start seriously fixing it, it will mean an end to their carreers in 2 years. I don't buy the overnight change. A leapord just doesn't change spots.

I think most of them (Republicans in Congress) like it pretty much how it is. It gives Congress much more power and they're not going to let go of that voluntarily.

You got to vote.....

Don't like it......tough.

obamacare has been so unsuccessful that if it exists at all it will have to be changed to such a degree that it isn't obamacare any more.

If Reagan hadn't deregulated the healthcare insurance industry it wouldn't be necessary.

obamacare has been so unsuccessful that if it exists at all it will have to be changed to such a degree that it isn't obamacare any more.

If Reagan hadn't deregulated the healthcare insurance industry it wouldn't be necessary.

Deregulating hardly ever works because it almost always amounts to 're-regulating' to suit the interests of different regulators. If we want to restore freedom and maintain limited government we should seek to un-regulate instead. Simply repeal unnecessary regulation and replace it with nothing.

Republicans have been trying to "fix" much of the damage that presidunce obola has done. Whatever the tried to do has been stopped in the Senate by Harry Reid. There are over 300 bills on his desk now. Reid held everything up to protect the presidunce and democrat senators from having to make decisions that would hurt their careers.

I think most of them (Republicans in Congress) like it pretty much how it is. It gives Congress much more power and they're not going to let go of that voluntarily.

We need to let them know that this is their one chance. Succeed and we allow them to continue. Fail and they are out of jobs. No more just pulling the lever that is blue or red.

We need to let them know that this is their one chance. Succeed and we allow them to continue. Fail and they are out of jobs. No more just pulling the lever that is blue or red.

Yeah... uh-huh. I been watching this circus for thirty years. Know how many last chances they've had?

Yeah... uh-huh. I been watching this circus for thirty years. Know how many last chances they've had?
Why do you hate clowns?

Why do you hate clowns?

Do you even know you?

Biggest clown on the board.

Love the "I Farted" button. Cracked me up. :beer:

I have said quite a few times on this forum that ObamaCare is here to stay. Some of the dumber rubes mistook that to mean I support Obama and/or ObamaCare. I was also ridiculed for thinking ObamaCare is here to stay.

But I was just looking at reality and forecasting the obvious. Well, what was obvious to any sane person, anyway. During the messy rollout, much hooting and hollerin forecasting ObamaCare's doom could be heard from the rubes who are not in touch with reality.

It should also be noted I said that once it finally sinks in with the GOP that ObamaCare really, really, really is here to stay, then they will stop calling it "ObamaCare" and will start calling it "the ACA".

As I explained back then, once they realize they can't kill it, they will be forced to try and fix all the shit that is broken in it. Finally. Instead of wasting years trying to repeal it, they could have been trying to fix the worst parts of it, but NOOOOOOOOoooo...

Now that the GOP is going to control Congress, but not ever have enough votes to repeal it, they will begin to start calling it the ACA. They will want to strip Obama's association from health reform as they go about patching it up and taking credit for "fixing" it.

Watch and see.
Still calling it Obamacare...and it's still a mess.

Obamacare will die out as soon as the subsidies die out.. Which by the way the law is written in about three more years..
It still here!

And it is here to stay...until it is replaced by UHC.

Most people knew Obamacare was here to stay when Republicans had the House, Senate, and Presidency and did nothing about it.

Forum List

Back