Trump still wants to repeal the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)

Insurance for tens of millions of people, and pre-existing condition guarantees, could be in jeopardy if the former president wins the 2024 election.

Donald Trump says he is still interested in repealing the Affordable Care Act, which means health care for tens of millions of people would be in jeopardy if he becomes president again next year.

Trump said Saturday on his website Truth Social that he was “looking at alternatives” to the 2010 health care law, also known as “Obamacare,” which has reduced the number of Americans without health insurance to historic lows and established basic guarantees of coverage for all Americans regardless of pre-existing conditions.

The vow echoes promises that Trump made as a first-time candidate and as president, when he and Republican leaders in Congress made repeal a top legislative priority.

That effort failed. It also proved spectacularly unpopular, fueling a backlash that eventually helped Democrats win back the House, the Senate and the White House. President Joe Biden, long a vocal supporter of the ACA, has since worked with Democrats to bolster the law.

Much more that the link below...

Trump Still Seems Set On Repealing A Law That Most Americans Like

Obamacare isn't perfect, but it has helped many Americans. In other words, the ACA hasn’t fixed American health care, but it’s helped a lot of people. What do you think?
Yes Yes, blah blah. Truth be told you could ALWAYS get insurance for preexisting medical conditions, but you had to pay more.
Now you see the disaster? Higher rates for all. I want my Dr. back, and I miss Trump. Find an alternative where the GOVERNMENT IS NOT INVOLVED.

Prior to the ACA, 35 states had high-risk pools for state residents who did not have access to employer coverage or public insurance and who due to pre-existing conditions were either charged much higher premiums for individual market coverage, offered coverage excluding certain conditions, or denied coverage ...

Obama ruined my health plan, took away my Dr. as well.

I support Trump.

They like to be poor.
Nobody likes to be poor. Some people deserve to be poor and poverty is necessary for Capitalism to work and there will always be poor people but MOST people who are poor work and if they could, they'd prefer to work for a company that pays better.

6.3 million individuals were among the “working poor” in 2020, according to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS); this measure was essentially unchanged from 2019.

Trump did not MAGA.

Prior to the ACA, 35 states had high-risk pools for state residents who did not have access to employer coverage or public insurance and who due to pre-existing conditions were either charged much higher premiums for individual market coverage, offered coverage excluding certain conditions, or denied coverage ...

I support Trump.
What is the former fuckups plan.

What do you support?

Which former fuckup?

None. We dont need government telling us how to do health care.
So, no health care for people who can't afford to pay out of pocket at time of service.

How would that work?

What is the former fuckups plan.

What do you support?
I support going back to the way it was. Healthcare got EXPENSIVE once the US Government got involved and the insurance company lobbyists greased the politicians.

I support Trump.
Uh huh.

Sure he did.

It's funny how every right winger has a negative anecdote about Obamacare. Yet the data shows it is popular, 10s of millions of more people are insured, and insurance rates increased less quickly as a result.

So, no health care for people who can't afford to pay out of pocket at time of service.

How would that work?
However we want it to work. Let's just keep government out of it. Freedom will work fine.

Uh huh.

Sure he did.

It's funny how every right winger has a negative anecdote about Obamacare. Yet the data shows it is popular, 10s of millions of more people are insured, and insurance rates increased less quickly as a result.
it sure is popular. I am paying more to subsidize people that can't afford it.

donald-trump-looking-like-idiot-6.jpg

This time I really, really will repeal and replace Obamacare, pay off the debt, reduce the trade deficit with China and Mexico, build the Wall and make Mexico pay for it, bring back coal jobs, remove all illegal aliens, and grow the economy by 4 to 6 percent every year! Bleev me, folks. Bleev me. Bleev me. That I can tell you.

maga-crowd.jpg

[chant]
FOOL ME TWICE! FOOL ME TWICE! FOOL ME TWICE!

Forum List

Back