People Are Not Born Gay

Anti gay marriage side would NEVER make that argument in court. It is not politically correct.

Tell you what, if the liberal media didn't make gays into Christ like beings, you might not even be where you are now.

Can you imagine if the public actually knew the truth about gays and the incident of disease and psychological problems they have, not to mention their complete dismissal of monogamy, there probably wouldn't be one state that allows gay marriage today.

The American public is not allowed to hear facts, only emotion.

Mark

Those points you're trying to make aren't exclusive to homosexuals. They are equally prevalent in the hetero society but don't get much attention because people like yourself are so obsessed with outing the homosexuals. Go be an idiot elsewhere. Thank you.

If you were correct. then logically, the numbers from the CDC would show that gays only generate 3% of the problem, not 70%.

Like I said, I am willing to listen, not with emotion but with facts.

Mark

I have seen no evidence that you are basing your prejudice on anything but emotion- and not on the facts.

There is no rational basis for your opposition to gay marriage.

You claim that homosexual sex between men is 'dangerous' but as I have pointed out- all sex is 'dangerous'- but sex between two healthy homosexual men is no more dangerous than two healthy heterosexuals using birth control.

You claim to oppose the behaviors of gay men- the 'promiscuity' - but then you also oppose using the only mechanism our society has ever used to promote monogamy- which is marriage.

Your dilemma is that you just are against gay men having sex- and you would like that to be illegal- but you can't do that.

Since you can't make gay sex illegal- you just target homosexuals- and are opposed to any strategy to make sex safer for gay men.

And that is an emotional response- not one based upon facts.

Lol. All sex is not as dangerous. And my FACTS have clearly shown that.

As to me wanting gay sex illegal...lol. Again.

Mark

All sex is dangerous- what you are talking about are degrees of danger.

You claim that homosexual sex between men is 'dangerous' but as I have pointed out- all sex is 'dangerous'- but sex between two healthy homosexual men is no more dangerous than two healthy heterosexuals using birth control.

You claim to oppose the behaviors of gay men- the 'promiscuity' - but then you also oppose using the only mechanism our society has ever used to promote monogamy- which is marriage.

Your dilemma is that you just are against gay men having sex- and you would like that to be illegal- but you can't do that.

Since you can't make gay sex illegal- you just target homosexuals- and are opposed to any strategy to make sex safer for gay men.

And that is an emotional response- not one based upon facts

I have given you a rational basis for my beliefs. That you discount them is your problem, not mine. And like I said before, gay men don't want to marry in any traditional sense, so why do they even want to marry?

Mark

Doesn't really matter because, IF you are a consenting adult and IF your actions harm no one, what you choose for your own life and who you choose as a partner is none of my business.

Would you agree with that?

MYOB

Absolutely. However, if its a choice, society does not have to condone it. It would be just like a person who does drugs. Make it legal, and let them live their lives. Should it be "normalized" by allowing them to marry?

Absolutely not.

Mark

We do allow people who use drugs to get married.

Sigh. The drugs have nothing to do with marriage.

Let me make this as clear as possible.

Don't encourage drug users to use drugs.

Don't encourage gay men to have gay sex.

How would we encourage them to have gay sex? By condoning marriage.

Come on folks, this ain't rocket science.

Mark
It must be since you haven't figured it out...

Then by all means show me logically what the correct way is.

Mark

Perhaps we should follow what the CDC recommends?

CDC Fact Sheet - Gay and Bisexual Men Gender Risk HIV AIDS

Prevention Challenges
The large percentage of gay and bisexual men living with HIV means that, as a group, gay and bisexual men have an increased chance of being exposed to HIV. Results of HIV testing conducted in 20 cities as part of the National HIV Behavioral Surveillance System (NHBS) indicated that 18% of gay and bisexual men tested in 2011 had HIV and that HIV prevalence increased with increasing age.

Many gay and bisexual men with HIV are unaware they have it. Even though the NHBS study showed that the overall percentage of gay and bisexual men with HIV who knew of their HIV infection increased from 56% in 2008 to 66% in 2011, there were still many who did not know they had HIV. Among those infected, only 49% of young gay and bisexual men aged 18 to 24 years knew of their infection, whereas 76% of those aged 40 and older were aware of their HIV infection. Fifty-four percent of black/African American gay and bisexual men knew of their infection, compared with 63% of Hispanic/Latino gay and bisexual men and 86% of white gay and bisexual men. People who don’t know they have HIV cannot get the medicines they need to stay healthy and may infect others without knowing it. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that all gay and bisexual men get tested for HIV at least once a year. Sexually active gay and bisexual men may benefit from more frequent testing (e.g., every 3 to 6 months).

Sexual risk behaviors account for most HIV infections in gay and bisexual men. Most gay and bisexual men acquire HIV through anal sex, which is the riskiest type of sex for getting or transmitting HIV. For sexually active gay and bisexual men, the most effective ways to prevent transmitting or becoming infected with HIV are to be on antiretroviral medications (to either treat or prevent infection) and to correctly use a condom every time for anal or vaginal sex. Gay men are at increased risk for sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), like syphilis, gonorrhea, and chlamydia, and CDC recommends that all sexually active gay and bisexual be tested at least annually for these infections and obtain treatment, if necessary.

Having more sex partners compared to other men means gay and bisexual men have more opportunities to have sex with someone who can transmit HIV or another STD. Similarly, among gay men, those who have more partners are more likely to acquire HIV.

Homophobia, stigma, and discrimination may place gay men at risk for multiple physical and mental health problems and affect whether they seek and are able to obtain high-quality health services.

Those points you're trying to make aren't exclusive to homosexuals. They are equally prevalent in the hetero society but don't get much attention because people like yourself are so obsessed with outing the homosexuals. Go be an idiot elsewhere. Thank you.

If you were correct. then logically, the numbers from the CDC would show that gays only generate 3% of the problem, not 70%.

Mark

I have seen no evidence that you are basing your prejudice on anything but emotion- and not on the facts.

Mark

I have given you a rational basis for my beliefs. That you discount them is your problem, not mine. And like I said before, gay men don't want to marry in any traditional sense, so why do they even want to marry?

Mark

For the same reason that my wife and I wanted to marry.

I have two close gay male friends- both of whom have married.

Both of them married for the exact same reason that my wife and i married- to have a life partner, for better or for worse, in sickness and in health.

They have homes together, they have lives together- just like my wife and I do.

You think that we should discriminate against them- I think that is wrong.

Absolutely. However, if its a choice, society does not have to condone it. It would be just like a person who does drugs. Make it legal, and let them live their lives. Should it be "normalized" by allowing them to marry?

Absolutely not.

Mark

Mark

Mark

Prevention Challenges
The large percentage of gay and bisexual men living with HIV means that, as a group, gay and bisexual men have an increased chance of being exposed to HIV. Results of HIV testing conducted in 20 cities as part of the National HIV Behavioral Surveillance System (NHBS) indicated that 18% of gay and bisexual men tested in 2011 had HIV and that HIV prevalence increased with increasing age.

Many gay and bisexual men with HIV are unaware they have it. Even though the NHBS study showed that the overall percentage of gay and bisexual men with HIV who knew of their HIV infection increased from 56% in 2008 to 66% in 2011, there were still many who did not know they had HIV. Among those infected, only 49% of young gay and bisexual men aged 18 to 24 years knew of their infection, whereas 76% of those aged 40 and older were aware of their HIV infection. Fifty-four percent of black/African American gay and bisexual men knew of their infection, compared with 63% of Hispanic/Latino gay and bisexual men and 86% of white gay and bisexual men. People who don’t know they have HIV cannot get the medicines they need to stay healthy and may infect others without knowing it. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that all gay and bisexual men get tested for HIV at least once a year. Sexually active gay and bisexual men may benefit from more frequent testing (e.g., every 3 to 6 months).

Sexual risk behaviors account for most HIV infections in gay and bisexual men. Most gay and bisexual men acquire HIV through anal sex, which is the riskiest type of sex for getting or transmitting HIV. For sexually active gay and bisexual men, the most effective ways to prevent transmitting or becoming infected with HIV are to be on antiretroviral medications (to either treat or prevent infection) and to correctly use a condom every time for anal or vaginal sex. Gay men are at increased risk for sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), like syphilis, gonorrhea, and chlamydia, and CDC recommends that all sexually active gay and bisexual be tested at least annually for these infections and obtain treatment, if necessary.

Having more sex partners compared to other men means gay and bisexual men have more opportunities to have sex with someone who can transmit HIV or another STD. Similarly, among gay men, those who have more partners are more likely to acquire HIV.

Homophobia, stigma, and discrimination may place gay men at risk for multiple physical and mental health problems and affect whether they seek and are able to obtain high-quality health services.

My bet is that the causes were listed in the order of importance. My bet is that gay men don't give a shit.

They have already proven that.

Mark

Doesn't really matter because, IF you are a consenting adult and IF your actions harm no one, what you choose for your own life and who you choose as a partner is none of my business.

MYOB

Absolutely not.

Mark

IF between consenting adults, who you choose to marry is none of my business.

Equal rights for all. Period.

MYOB

Wrong. Society has an absolute right to limit who marries. If equal rights is your goal, than you have to allow polygamy.

Mark

When you say "society", you really mean government and religion.

Be that as it may, IF between consenting adults and harms no one, its not my business.

We do it all the time. We set laws to exclude some and not others. Is 16 really old enough to drive? Why not 15? Or, why can't an adult under 21 buy a pistol? Isn't he an adult?

BTW, it does harm someone. Those that partake. Read the thread.

Mark
These restrictions are applied to everyone equally, regardless of race, religion, or sexual orientation; that's not the case with denying same-sex couples access to marriage law.

Mark

Mark

Mark

Both of them married for the exact same reason that my wife and i married- to have a life partner, for better or for worse, in sickness and in health.

And I think its wrong that the want society's benefits without society's rules.

Way wrong.

Mark

Absolutely not.

Mark

IF between consenting adults, who you choose to marry is none of my business.

Equal rights for all. Period.

MYOB

Wrong. Society has an absolute right to limit who marries. If equal rights is your goal, than you have to allow polygamy.

Mark

When you say "society", you really mean government and religion.

Be that as it may, IF between consenting adults and harms no one, its not my business.

We do it all the time. We set laws to exclude some and not others. Is 16 really old enough to drive? Why not 15? Or, why can't an adult under 21 buy a pistol? Isn't he an adult?

BTW, it does harm someone. Those that partake. Read the thread.

Mark
These restrictions are applied to everyone equally, regardless of race, religion, or sexual orientation; that's not the case with denying same-sex couples access to marriage law.

Bullshit. Using that "logic" all marriage laws were applied equally as well.

Mark

There is absolutely no conclusive evidence to People Are Not Born Gay, which has nothing to do with marriage equality.

Are you reading the rest of this thread? Do you really want to legitimize an activity so detrimental to the people that partake in it?

Wouldn't it be better to simply leave them alone, than to celebrate an activity that is harmful?

Mark

The rest of the thread is a railroaded attempt against marriage equality.

It has failed.

A "railroad" attempt. Lol. Truth and logic were the attempt. It did fail though. Most people don't use truth or logic anymore.

Mark

You have revealed yourself, for you arguing simple emotion: you don't like it. Tough.

Monogamous sex is something that should be encouraged. This hook-up culture among gays and straights is causing the rising STD rates. If anything you should be encouraging gays to settle down and get married.

I have studied this subject a very long time. Gay men have no want to "settle down". It is my belief that being promiscuous is part and parcel of being a gay man. It s not just the sexuality in this case that makes men gay.The statistics are overwhelmingly in favor of my viewpoint.

Mark

I am not disagree with the alarmingly high rate of STDs among the gay community. It is a very grave concern. I know many gay people; male and female, that are in long term monogamous relationships and that is what should be encouraged. Promiscuity is like playing Russian Roulette with your health.

You "know" they are being monogamous? Or is that your guess?

From all of my reading, gay men are not monogamous, while lesbians are better at it than even straight couples.

The problem with lesbians is that since they are women, they divorce. About 75% of all marriage that end in divorce is because the woman filed for it.

Now, you have TWO women married.

Tick, tick, tick...only a matter of time.

Mark

The heterosexual fornication and divorce rate is sky high, so you are talking about . . . marriage equality?

Translation: We have made is more acceptable to divorce and to cheat, and instead of trying to fix the family unit, we want to continue to diminish it.

Good plan!!

Mark
Translation: I, Mark, don't like marriage equality so I am going to be emotional.

Who said that? I say, if gays want to have sex, do it. I will also say, that society has a responsibility not to legitimize any action that is harmful to its participants.

Or, do you think we should have an "alcoholics" day as well?

Dingbat! Heteros do everything homos do: have sex, get sick, adulterate, fornicate, divorce, do drugs, have accidents, so forth and so on.
al
Son, you are no better in anyway than anyone else because you are heterosexual.

You are a hetero-fascist pure and simple.

Dingbat? Well, now I am sure they are getting mad. Your entire rant contained no facts at all.

My posts do. Why do you think that is?

Mark

Whose mad and emotional, other than you?

You are a ding bat, because none of your material is accurate or it applies equally to heterosexuals but you won't admit that.

Mark

Mark

And I think its wrong that the want society's benefits without society's rules.

Way wrong.

Mark

Thats okay- bigots have the right to think that the people they don't like are wrong.

Meanwhile- gay couples want to be treated equally- and I agree with that.

A statement by the Royal College of Psychiatrists that people are not born gay has been welcomed as "a major admission" by a Christian charity that helps men and women change unwanted same-sex feelings.
Core Issues Trust (CIT), which is campaigning against a ban on therapy being offered to people who want to move away from a homosexual lifestyle, says the latest statement by the Royal College admits what it previously denied
People Are Not Born Gay Affirms Royal College of Psychiatrists

Yep, even if it was genetic, it is still your choice to have same-sex pleasure or not. Anyone and everyone has a choice. Say yes or say no. It is really that simple...BUT queers choose to suck each other's dicks

MYOB

Absolutely not.

Mark
Absolutely wrong.
The right to make a choice is the liberty protected by the Constitution, where to seek to deny citizens their civil rights as a result of that choice is un-Constitutional.

They have the same rights I do.

Mark

Yeah. That's what I wrote in the beginning.

IF consenting adults, who you choose to marry is your business.

Same with every one else.

Period.

If you disagree with marrying one of the same sex, then don't do it.

Problem solved.

MYOB

Mark is now acting like an authority as does Keys: he cites himself.

The both are emotional twits who want their way and can see that won't happen.

Mark

Mark

Prevention Challenges

My bet is that the causes were listed in the order of importance. My bet is that gay men don't give a shit.

They have already proven that.

Mark

My bet is that bigots like yourself don't give a damn about what happens to gay men. You have already proven that.

You have provided no rational argument.

You claim to be concerned that gay men are having 'dangerous sex'- and then propose nothing to address that- other than to oppose gay marriage- and you have provided no 'evidence' that gay marriage would increase any gay sex.

If you were really concerned about the safety issues of gay sex, you would be looking to encourage monogamy and safer sex- just as we do for heterosexuals.

But you just want to discriminate against homosexuals.

By the way- what is your position regarding lesbians marrying?

Why does anyone care if being gay is a choice or not?

Either way it's none of your fucking business is it?

Exactly.

1621882_10152485490646275_7230202947502080260_n_zpse65f9eab.png

Affect my marriage? Nope. Affect the way society views marriage?

Absolutely.

Your poster fails.

Mark

Poll after poll shows in our society that gays should have access to marriage. It seems society doesn't really care that gays are getting married. You are just upset that there is nothing you can do about it.

Some people; gay or straights, do not place a high value on monogamy. I am not one of those people. I am from a different school of thought regarding this issue. Being promiscuous isn't exactly a compelling reason to deny gays marriage.

I disagree. Monogamy IS marriage. That gays want marriage ON THEIR terms is a slap in the face to our traditions.

If they want marriage on their terms, why have marriage at all? I mean, just what is marriage without monogamy?

Nothing.

Mark

Some straight married couples do not practice monogamy or have "open marriages" as well. Monogamy in marriage doesn't have an exactly wonderful record throughout it's history, so this appeal to tradition is faulty on it's face considering history is rife with infidelity.
It always amazes me, the stupidity of an argument against gay marriage (which encourages monogamy) because gays are too promiscuous. :lmao:

It is nothing more than a last ditch attempt to deny gays marriage. Even the anti-gay marriage side is not making these types of arguments in court. Gays are promiscuous so they should be denied marriage is one of the weaker arguments I've encountered when discussing this topic. It isn't a very compelling argument.

Its not a compelling argument? So, if monogamy in marriage is not important, what is?

Nothing.

Exactly what the left wants.

Mark
Monogamy IS important to marriage. Why to you want to block gays from marriage then?

Why does anyone care if being gay is a choice or not?

Either way it's none of your fucking business is it?

Exactly.

1621882_10152485490646275_7230202947502080260_n_zpse65f9eab.png

Affect my marriage? Nope. Affect the way society views marriage?

Absolutely.

Your poster fails.

Mark

And if that is true, what difference would it make?

I know you don't have the balls to do it but here is another chance to say how these changes to "traditional" marriage harmed "society". Which of these changes would you have been against?

traditional-marriage-includes-1691-whites-only-1724-blacks-with-permission-of-slave-owner-1769-the-wife-is-property-1899-pol_zpsd97dd227.jpg

I applaud you fro your efforts. However, like I stated earlier, I have been researching this subject for years. I have NEVER read even one article that shows gay men to be monogamous in any significant numbers.

If anyone has one, I would be glad to look at it.

BTW, in all of my forum travels, I will say that gay men tend to debate this subject with more logic than their straight supporters do.

Mark

Some people; gay or straights, do not place a high value on monogamy. I am not one of those people. I am from a different school of thought regarding this issue. Being promiscuous isn't exactly a compelling reason to deny gays marriage.

I disagree. Monogamy IS marriage. That gays want marriage ON THEIR terms is a slap in the face to our traditions.

If they want marriage on their terms, why have marriage at all? I mean, just what is marriage without monogamy?

Nothing.

Mark

Some straight married couples do not practice monogamy or have "open marriages" as well. Monogamy in marriage doesn't have an exactly wonderful record throughout it's history, so this appeal to tradition is faulty on it's face considering history is rife with infidelity.
It always amazes me, the stupidity of an argument against gay marriage (which encourages monogamy) because gays are too promiscuous. :lmao:

You could refute you know, with a link.

Mark
Why do I need to, for you, link to your own words in this thread?

Yes. Is this where you now accuse me of being a closet gay? Lol. Like I said, it is always "kill the messenger".

Maybe you can get me a link to disprove what I have said?

Mark

Why are you overly sensitive over your own words? "I have studied this subject for a very long time."

Sensitive? No. Psychic.

Mark
Oh...you've studied "this subject" for a very long time AND you're psychic. :rofl:
Having such an obsession with something that he has 'studied' it for years and years begs the question: why is he so enamored with this subject? Usually, psychiatrists would say it is because of repressed homosexual feelings. Seriously: do people spend years of their lives studying something that is unimportant to them, something that has no role in their lives?

And there we have it. Thanks for not letting me down.

Mark
Yes, being prejudiced against homosexuality is a choice. It is a stupid choice, of course, because it is so arbitrary, and cannot withstand any rigors of inquiry as to WHY it is wrong any better than similar prejudices once held against being left handed.

"It's icky because people say it's icky and because people say it's icky, it's icky" doesn't cut it by way of argumentation. Such circular arguments are the stuff of children. The onus is upon all the bigots to explain WHY homosexuality consumes their thoughts to such an extent that they go on and on and one with their hatred of it. Is it inherently harmful? Does it involve coercion? Is it exploitative? Unless the answers are yes, there is absolutely no reason for the prejudice other than as opinions that have been taught but never questioned.

Similar

I could care less if its "icky". Fact is, gay "sex" is dangerous. Do you also think that drug users and alcoholics should be celebrated in this country?

I mean, not only allow it, but condone it?

Mark
Any type of sex, whether it be "gay" or hetero, can be dangerous. It's not about whether it's two vaginas or two penises that makes it a danger. It's the all-around lifestyle of each person---not just their sexuality.

Ummm. No. I'm sorry, but an anus is not designed to accommodate a penis. It is one of the reasons that their incident of sexual disease is sky high, compared to straights.

Mark
What about the hetero women who enjoy anal?
Those thoughts don't cross his mind......a lot.

Forum List

Back