OkCupid's ceo and the height of hypocricy

Ten years ago. And he didn't donate to an anti gay movement, he donated to a candidate..... TEN YEARS AGO.

And here is his statement from the link.

"A decade ago, I made a contribution to Representative Chris Cannon because he was the ranking Republican on the House subcommittee that oversaw the Internet and Intellectual Property, matters important to my business and our industry. I accept responsibility for not knowing where he stood on gay rights in particular; I unequivocally support marriage equality and I would not make that contribution again today. However, a contribution made to a candidate with views on hundreds of issues has no equivalence to a contribution supporting Prop. 8, a single issue that has no purpose other than to affirmatively prohibit gay marriage, which I believe is a basic civil right."

Like I said, no smoking gun. You guys are grasping at straws. Typical.

Sent from my iPhone using the tears of Raider's fans.

No one is grasping at straws genius, we're just pointing out some hypocrisy. This CEO has in his past the same sort of shit he's now charging someone else with.

Just because he now CLAIMS he has a different view doesn't excuse his past.

And by the way, more than half of voters in liberal California supported prop 8, do you moron liberals want them outed and fired too ?

You are grasping at straws. He clearly stated why he donated money, TEN YEARS AGO.
Ten years ago I donated to the church, it doesn't prove I am Christian today.
And who cares if he wanted them fired? I thought cons were all about the free market? I bet you support businesses denying service to gay people, but you don't support a company firing someone over their opinion? It works both ways, Bud.
It is so funny to see how hypocritical cons are on this issue.
Look up fascism yet?

Sent from my iPhone using the tears of Raider's fans.

I don't care if it happened 50 years ago, the fact is he donated to an anti-gay candidate, and his "claim" of why he did it doesn't hold any water since if he's this zealous about gay rights it should have trumped any other reason to donate.
He's a hypocrite, and if you don't see it I can't help you.

Forum List

Back