I'm Glad I Never Saw "Hair" On Broadway

Howey

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
God forbid...I should go to see a play and walk out converted to heterosexuality!

Look, South Carolina. I hate to break the news to you. There is no homo cootie. You can't catch homo from watching a fucking play.

On the other hand, you can catch stupid from listening to your homophobic politicians. Beware!

South Carolina lawmakers have pressured an Upstate university into giving up a planned gay-themed presentation.

The cancellation follows a vote weeks ago to cut funds for a program requiring all university students to read a book about the state’s first gay radio show.

Last month, the House voted to cut $17,146 from University of South Carolina Upstate's budget -- the exact cost of the required reading program. The book required this year, “Out Loud: The Best of Rainbow Radio,” is a collection of stories shared on South Carolina’s first gay radio show.

"It's just not normal and then you glorify, or it seems to me, that the promotion at USC is a glorification of same sex orientation,” said Republican state Sen. Mike Fair.

Fair said the school took what he calls questionable behavior even further when it booked the show "How to Become a Lesbian in 10 Days or Less."

“That's not an explanation of 'I was born this way.’ It's recruiting,” said Fair.

Fair said that's why during board elections last week he and state Sen. Lee Bright voted against each incumbent USC trustee.

The assistant vice chancellor for USC Upstate communications, Tammy E. Whaley, sent WYFF News 4 this statement:

“The title of ‘How to Become a Lesbian in 10 Days or Less,’ while deliberately provocative, is satirical in nature but has not been received as such. The controversy surrounding this performance has become a distraction to the educational mission of USC Upstate and the overall purpose of the Bodies of Knowledge symposium. As a result, we have canceled this segment of the symposium.”

Here's Rep. Fair(y)

oc93fzD.jpg

OMG!!! He saw the play!!! HE GOT THE COOTIES!!!

RrNRC69.gif

you would do well to advance the homosexual agenda or stop the bias against homosexuals by not being such a prick about the issue. you're no better than people who have an irrational fear of homosexuality.

you would do well to advance the homosexual agenda or stop the bias against homosexuals by not being such a prick about the issue. you're no better than people who have an irrational fear of homosexuality.

I'd say the problem is with the nutcases who seem to go demented when the issue of gays comes up.

for the record... hair wasn't particularly "gay themed"... it simply had representations of homosexual sex in it, as well as heterosexual sex.

was a pretty good show. saw it both times it played in NY over the past few years.

so the wackadoodles should really stop whining.

that's what you were looking to say, right, hon?

Hey watch out you, are you sending out Gay Vibe across the internet now?

Holy Smoke. (God's Ganja.)

Last edited:
I am not moved to speak out for angry gays, angry lesbians, angry whites, angry blacks, angry hispanics, etc. My attention is caught more easily when wants, views, needs, conversations, etc are approached in a more favorable manner than screaming at me.
And, I agree with the guy that said:
“That's not an explanation of 'I was born this way.’ It's recruiting,” said Fair.

I'd say the problem is with the nutcases who seem to go demented when the issue of gays comes up.

for the record... hair wasn't particularly "gay themed"... it simply had representations of homosexual sex in it, as well as heterosexual sex.

was a pretty good show. saw it both times it played in NY over the past few years.

so the wackadoodles should really stop whining.

that's what you were looking to say, right, hon?

i thought i was clear that both sides are responsible. there are nutters who simply have an irrational fear that want to deny gays certain fundamental rights and nutters like howey that spread vitriol as well.

howey is constantly posting inflammatory threads about the issue, how does that help?

YOU IGNORANT HOMOPHOBIC DIRT SUCKING ORGANISM.

There are nearly three thousand unwanted children in Utah, most of whom are of American Indian or black ancestry, because the citizens of Utah don't want no niggrah or injun kid in their home.

These kids would be overjoyed to be in a family with two fathers or two mothers - as long as they're loved and taken care of.

not helping his cause

Yurt wouldn't know sarcasm if it slapped him in the face with a sticky sock.

C'mon Gracie. You cannot seriously believe a play is capable of "recruiting" someone.

You're far more intelligent than that.

Yurt wouldn't know sarcasm if it slapped him in the face with a sticky sock.

still not helping and you're not being sarcastic....your comment about the sticky sock proves that...go ahead...tell us what you really mean by that comment.

C'mon Gracie. You cannot seriously believe a play is capable of "recruiting" someone.

You're far more intelligent than that.

Don't know about the play. Never saw it. I hate musicals. Am not in to broadway plays.
However, the more in-yer-face gays get, the more I pull back. I have quite a few gay friends. I have had gay couples as roomies. I have always rented to gays even when it was ok to say no to them. I believe gays should have the same rights as married people. I have always been pro gay and have fondly been called a Fag Hag by a gay couple I used to hang out with but they moved so now I am kinda gayless friend wise.

With that said...it seems to me that the new "in" thing is to push people (mostly high school) into "trying" the gay scene and kissing the same sex or experimenting with same sex activities in the bedroom. Like the two ho's on the tv show that made out handing out awards, gay pride where "some" act inappropiately, and in general announcing to the world what the do in the bedroom. Yes, heterosexuals do that as well...and I find that inappropiate as well. I guess I am just an old fuddy duddy. Sex is private. Period.
So when it is yelled in my face someone wants to "do" their own, I am about as receptive of it as a hetero person yelling in my face what they want to do with the opposite sex.

Forum List

Back