Disgraced crypto CEO Sam Bankman-Fried sentenced to 25 years, must pay $11 billion - Echos of Madoff, Trump?

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
"This was a very serious crime," Judge Lewis Kaplan said.

"Bankman-Fried, 32, stood with his hands folded in front of him, looking down, as the sentence was imposed."

On Thursday, defense attorney Mark Mukasey insisted Bankman-Fried possesses compassion, empathy and generosity and "really, he's an awkward math nerd."

"He loves video games and veganism," Mukasey told the court. "He's compassionate to animals and children. He has a tireless work ethic. He has a completely off-the-charts, mind-blowing intellect."

While his fraud has been compared to Bernie Madoff's Ponzi scheme, Mukasey said the 32-year-old is no stone-cold financial assassin.

"That level of depravity is nowhere in this case. I don't think it's anywhere in Sam's heart," Mukasey said. "Sam is on the opposite end of the culpability scale."

The lawyer added, "Sam never scurried away with billions of dollars in a Swiss bank account or under his mattress."

Prosecutors have cast Bankman-Fried differently.

"With all the advantages conferred by a comfortable upbringing, an MIT education, a prestigious start to his career in finance, and a worthy idea for a startup business, Bankman-Fried could have pursued the rewarding, productive, and altruistic life he has sketched out in his sentencing submission. But instead, his life in recent years has been one of unmatched greed and hubris; of ambition and rationalization; and courting risk and gambling repeatedly with other people's money," prosecutors said.

This must be the year of the privileged and wealthy being held to account. People comparing the case of Bernie Madoff's to Sam's. Sam had a very comfortable upbringing and lots of privilege. I see people have been comparing Mr. Trump's case to Madoff too.

About people with wealth and privilege like Sam -- I say, lock em up. Lock em all up if we find them guilty in courts of law.

Last edited:
"This was a very serious crime," Judge Lewis Kaplan said.

"Bankman-Fried, 32, stood with his hands folded in front of him, looking down, as the sentence was imposed."

This must be the year of the privileged and wealthy being held to account. People comparing the case of Bernie Madoff's to Sam's. Sam had a very comfortable upbringing and lots of privilege. I see people have been comparing Mr. Trump's case to Madoff too.

About people with wealth and privilege like Sam -- I say, lock em up. Lock em all up if we find them guilty in courts of law.
The legal system should have also punished COMPANIES and CEO's from the 2008 financial meltdown, for causing the great recession.

Steal from the middle class and you can be selected Joe Pedophile president.
No matter what the topic is, some BDSers want to switch the topic to pedo stuff.

That's not normal. It's about as far from normal as a person can get.

Someone should have told those BDSers that, but apparently, nobody wants to be around them any more.

1711742335481.png

1711742353632.png

1711742368472.png

I guess this is why the dems are holding dinner parties with their hand out because they don't have this jerks stolen money to spend...

No matter what the topic is, some BDSers want to switch the topic to pedo stuff.

That's not normal. It's about as far from normal as a person can get.

Someone should have told those BDSers that, but apparently, nobody wants to be around them any more.

Yea when video is abundant of your president molesting little girls, it tends to stick in your mind. And putting this pedo in the white house is not normal.

With nicknames like "Pedo Joe" he made sure to make America laughable again.

EYJqb3dX0AI1ilw.jpg:large

Last edited:

Forum List

Back