Official NCAA 2010 Football Season Thread

:lol::lol:

Why is it that OS hates Michigan so much? I always wondered that..

Oh and...may never get to post this again.....

YouTube - Rammer Jammer - Texas vs Alabama Student Section

rolltideroll.gif

Last edited:
Well see who's rated higher pre season.

First unofficial poll is out from NBCSports. Arkansas: #16; LSU: #25.

Carry on.

16's not a bad place to be. Better than a HDN early Top 10 and plummeting out of the rankings by midseason.

Poor LSU. But it's a down year for the Corndogs by their standards.

I'm not quite as optimistic on the Hogs as you are, I'm thinking this year will still be rebuilding cycle phase. They've got a good young offense that was smoking by the end of last season and are almost all back. But they MUST firm up the D to go anywhere. We shall see.

But you may be right...I may be crazy....:D

I found...for what it is worth:

NBCSports.com's Preseason Top 25

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. TCU
4. Oklahoma
5. Oregon
6. Miami
7. Boise State
8. Nebraska
9. Florida
10. Wisconsin
11. Texas
12. Virginia Tech
13. Iowa
14. Pittsburgh
15. North Carolina
16. Arkansas
17. Florida State
18. USC
19. West Virginia
20. Auburn
21. Utah
22. Penn State
23. Notre Dame
24. Georgia Tech
25. LSU

TCU at No. 3? That surprises me. They'll be good, but not that good.

Penn State at 22 is way too high. Of course Penn State at 150 is way too high for my taste. :lol:

It's the middle of summer and all you have to talk about is something as meaningless a college football?

You really should get out more.

I wasn't aware that it was so difficult NOT to post in threads about things that don't interest you. Perhaps you should take your own advice.

TCU at No. 3? That surprises me. They'll be good, but not that good.

Penn State at 22 is way too high. Of course Penn State at 150 is way too high for my taste. :lol:

I agree on TCU. Top 10? Sure. Definitely not Top 3.

Penn State always has a decent team. I just hope they wear Alabama down before our match-up, but I don't want them to beat em. I like beating the #1 team in the country (I'm talking to you, 2007 LSU Tigers). Hell, we almost did that again last year over Florida, fucking refs... :doubt:

It's the middle of summer and all you have to talk about is something as meaningless a college football?

I don't give out neg reps. cuz that's just how I roll... but those bolded 5 words deserve a whole new catagory: the "bitch slap", and it should turn all your individual posts bright pink for 24 hours. :razz:

"As meaningless as college football?", (??!!) consider yourself slapped. :tongue:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMjk4QBsX6w]YouTube - 2010 Ohio State Football Movie Trailer Tease[/ame]

I don't give out neg reps. cuz that's just how I roll... but those bolded 5 words deserve a whole new catagory: the "bitch slap", and it should turn all your individual posts bright pink for 24 hours. :razz:

"As meaningless as college football?", (??!!) consider yourself slapped. :tongue:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMjk4QBsX6w]YouTube - 2010 Ohio State Football Movie Trailer Tease[/ame]

Bread and circus.

Bread and circus.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k]YouTube - Lighten Up Francis[/ame]

Capitalism Magazine - The Joy of Football

The essential value of spectator sports lies in their capacity to illustrate, in a dramatic way, the process of human goal-achievement. They do this by making the process shorter, simpler, and more visually exciting than it is in daily life--and by giving us heroes to admire.

A process of goal-achievement underlies everything that makes our lives richer, from discovering new medicines to learning about computers, from pursuing a career to enjoying friends and family. But success is not automatic--each such endeavor must be started and maintained, often in the face of great obstacles, by an individual's choices. To gather the moral courage to make their own difficult choices each day, people need inspiration--the spiritual fuel that flows from the sight of another's achievement.

Football is my church. :lol:

I found...for what it is worth:

NBCSports.com's Preseason Top 25

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. TCU
4. Oklahoma
5. Oregon
6. Miami
7. Boise State
8. Nebraska
9. Florida
10. Wisconsin
11. Texas
12. Virginia Tech
13. Iowa
14. Pittsburgh
15. North Carolina
16. Arkansas
17. Florida State
18. USC
19. West Virginia
20. Auburn
21. Utah
22. Penn State
23. Notre Dame
24. Georgia Tech
25. LSU
Alabama is #1?

tide1.gif

My team is Ohio State. Went to school there many years ago, and I've been a Buckeye football fan ever since.
My Alma Mater too! I got my degree during Winter Quarter 1980, in other words, during the St. Woody Hayes era.

The Buckeyes have, arguably, one of the five greatest football programs in the land.

No they hate big blue so much there's no hate left over for state.

Love Woody Hayes using "that school to the North" he wouldn't even say the name Michigan. Classic
No need for NCAA police those kids worshiped Woody and Bo so much they were afraid to mess up.

LOL....Woody Hayes....remember him punching the player from the other team?? What was that for....b/c he was about to, or did score a touchdown??
intercepted a pass late in the fourth quarter while the Buckeyes were driving to score the winning touchdown.

My team is Ohio State. Went to school there many years ago, and I've been a Buckeye football fan ever since.
My Alma Mater too! I got my degree during Winter Quarter 1980, in other words, during the St. Woody Hayes era.

The Buckeyes have, arguably, one of the five greatest football programs in the land.

True.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRtB5B6grnA]YouTube - Budweiser True Advertisement[/ame]

Ar-Kansas will not be ranked as high at the end of the season.

Love the Hat using AR-Kansas

Nebraska is back! They will move strongly into the top 10 this year. It's probably too soon to hope they will compete for the National Championship, but Texas needs to look out when it rolls into Lincoln on October 16. They managed a win in the last second of the Big 12 Championship last year. That should be all the motivation the Huskers need.

Nebraska is back! They will move strongly into the top 10 this year. It's probably too soon to hope they will compete for the National Championship, but Texas needs to look out when it rolls into Lincoln on October 16. They managed a win in the last second of the Big 12 Championship last year. That should be all the motivation the Huskers need.

Just in time too.

Always liked Nebraska, great teams, great history and tradition. Will be a welcome addition to the er, very Big 10 in the years ahead.

In the meantime, hope they give Texas a big fat "L" on their record this season.

Forum List

Back