Official NCAA 2010 Football Season Thread

Apparantly you also don't believe there is any football outside of the SEC. That makes you an idiot also.

Six of the last eleven national champions have come from the SEC. The results speak for themselves. SEC is superior to all other conferences. Furthermore, the SEC is 6-0 in the BCS Championship. The only time we haven't won it is when we were left out (Auburn 2004 rings a bell).

Last edited:
Okay guys and gals, let's keep this thread non-flame fest eh? Arguing about sports teams is fine, but no need to argument about the actual thread itself. Thanks

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon
Nutt was a better coach, sorry nobody fears ark. Not now not ever.

Nutt was a better coach than what, exactly? Petrino, who knows coaching is more important than leading the band? You know, the man who actually recruits?

Here's to being underestimated. :beer:

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon
Yeah the guy who quit on his pro team and coached at a basketball school before that. Nutt is better, his record is proof.

Nutt was a better coach, sorry nobody fears ark. Not now not ever.

Nutt was a better coach than what, exactly? Petrino, who knows coaching is more important than leading the band? You know, the man who actually recruits?

Here's to being underestimated. :beer:

I'd rather be underestimated and overachieve than be overestimated and underachieve. I'm looking at you, Big 12.

Yeah the guy who quit on his pro team and coached at a basketball school before that. Nutt is better, his record is proof.

Petrino left Atlanta because he signed on under the impression he'd have a quarterback worth a shit. Furthermore, Petrino is a college coach. He cares about college players and finds them easier to coach. A lot of college coaches will tell you the same thing. Pete Carroll will find that out very shortly, too.

But, back to Houston Nutt. The guy was a hack. His conference record was 42-38, he was 2-5 in bowl games, and 0-3 in the SEC championship. He finished only three seasons ranked, two of which were with players recruited before he signed on. He did absolutely nothing to improve Razorback football. He was not able to recruit a single great player in his 10 year tenure. The only two players to pass through our roster on his watch worth a damn were Darren McFadden and Felix Jones, and both of them would have been Razorbacks no matter who the coach was.

It took Arkansas 10 years to see through Houston Nutt. I hope it takes Ole Miss just as long.

Petrino left Atlanta because he signed on under the impression he'd have a quarterback worth a shit. Furthermore, Petrino is a college coach. He cares about college players and finds them easier to coach. A lot of college coaches will tell you the same thing. Pete Carroll will find that out very shortly, too.

But, back to Houston Nutt. The guy was a hack. His conference record was 42-38, he was 2-5 in bowl games, and 0-3 in the SEC championship. He finished only three seasons ranked, two of which were with players recruited before he signed on. He did absolutely nothing to improve Razorback football. He was not able to recruit a single great player in his 10 year tenure. The only two players to pass through our roster on his watch worth a damn were Darren McFadden and Felix Jones, and both of them would have been Razorbacks no matter who the coach was.

It took Arkansas 10 years to see through Houston Nutt. I hope it takes Ole Miss just as long.

WOW Was Nutt there 10 years? It doesn't seem like it. I have to be honest, I never liked him, but I didn't think he was that bad a coach.

Nutt took ole miss to a bcs game and waxed a ranked team. the quitter hasn't.

Last edited:
Nutt took ole miss to a bcd game and waxed a ranked team. the quitter hasn't.

1. What is a "BCD" game?
2. Ole Miss has never been to a BCS game.
3. The Cotton Bowl is not a BCS game.
4. Nutt has coached Ole Miss with Ed Orgeron's recruits. Orgeron may have been a blithering drunk, but players liked him. He had good recruits, including Jevan Snead and Dexter McCluster.
5. Nutt also led Arkansas to a Cotton Bowl win in his second year. He was all downhill from there because, again, he did it with someone else's recruits.

I have nothing against patrino or ark, there a good fit a second rate coach for a second rate team.

Using a bag of tricks from one of his former assistants, and a veteran Ole Miss team. Not a terribly hard task. He's quite the spiritual motivator however.

Precisely. He won three Cotton Bowls using two previous coaches' recruits.

Hell, the only reason Ole Miss beat Arkansas the past two years is because it was Houston Nutt's recruits (Arkansas) versus Ed Orgeron's (Ole Miss). This year will be different.

Furthermore, Houston Nutt is a low-grade asshole. I was at the 2008 Arkansas-Ole Miss game, when he deliberately led his team onto the field during the middle of our traditional band performance leading the Hogs out onto the field just so he would not get booed coming out. He did it again at half-time. It was insulting, and it interrupted the band's performance.

I have nothing against patrino or ark, there a good fit a second rate coach for a second rate team.

Again, you clearly know nothing about football. When you can tell me what a "BCD" game is and how the Cotton Bowl qualifies for it, then your opinion on such matters will be valid.

Forum List

Back