Official NCAA 2010 Football Season Thread

I don't know who's going to replace Yates for UNC when he leaves this year..

I think this is UNC's Make or brake year. Next in line is a Sophomore.

First off the Backs don't stand a chance against the Tide.

Wrong. Hogs are a much better offense and defense than they were last year. Bama's defense isn't quite what it was last year, but their offense is equally as good, if not better.

Second, even if Arkansas pulls a miracle out of their ass Alabama will still catch up and win the West.

Based on what? If Arkansas can beat Bama, they can win them all, buddy. Who's going to stop us? LSU? Ha. Ole Miss? Double ha. Mississippi St? Triple ha. Vanderbilt? Quadruple ha.

Third, if by the grace and miracles of God the Razorbacks miraculously win the West they will get absolutely fucking slaughtered by my boys from my hometown of Gainesville. The Gators will go all Deliverance on Arkansas.

Arkansas doesn't have to worry about the Gators. The East belongs to Georgia this year. Deal with it. To make it to the SEC Championship, Arkansas will already have to have beaten Georgia once.

Arkansas finished up last year 8-5 with an abysmal conference record of 3-5. What makes you think you're in the same league as Alabama let alone the Gators or worthy of the BCS title?

Need I remind you of Alabama's 2007 season (first year under Saban)? They went 6-6, including 4 SEC losses and a loss to UL-Monroe. They then had to vacate 4 of those wins. The next year, they finished undefeated in the regular season. The point of the story: this year does not equal last year. Anyone who follows football knows that.

Arkansas, LSU, Auburn and Ole Miss will all be scrapping for that #2 spot behind the Tide.

You mean Arkansas, Auburn, and Alabama will be scrapping for #1. Ole Miss clearly is a joke (and everyone knew that before tonight). LSU is decent this year, I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled off a victory over the Hogs or anyone else in the SEC. I would never, EVER discount LSU...just as they never discount us. But are they viable in the SEC West this year? No.

The Backs will end up with 8 or 9 wins this year and in a decent bowl game. But talks of beating Alabama, winning the West, beating the Gators and winning the whole enchilada is a pipe dream Cheech and Chong couldn't dream of.

Odd. Tell that to...well...everyone at ESPN and pretty much anyone who watches the sport. It's certainly a possibility.

Also, 9 wins is a pretty solid guess, I'm predicting 10, really. 8? That's pushing it. I don't see 4 teams on our schedule that I would mark as a loss. I see 1 that, realistically, I'm predicting to lose, and I know that Georgia and/or Auburn are going to give us a fight. I don't see anyone in the SEC going undefeated this year, so 10 wins certainly can put a team in the SEC Championship. And let's face, whoever wins the SEC plays in the National Championship, even with two losses. Just ask LSU.

woohoo my Hogs beat that ass tonight. I know it was a no one, but here recently we haven't even been giving them the beat down.

I had front row tickets, right in front of TTU's cheerleaders (who are hilariously as bad as the team).

We looked pretty shitty in the first quarter, evidenced by the goose-egg on the scoreboard. The second quarter was amazing, as was the third. Mallett's numbers were nice, considering he only played 2.75 quarters. Joe Adams is a beast. Defense looked shaky at first, but they held TTU on first and goal (which ended up a field goal from the 8). And they got a safety.

The real downside of the game? There were 47 points scored in that game, and not a SINGLE one of them were in the end zone where I was sitting. Very disappointing, indeed.

5.jpg

Good god, anything but the faggot gators. You'd think they would have gotten the hint by now: The world is sick and tired of Floriduh.

I'm calling it now: the biggest game of the year will be Alabama versus Arkansas. It's early in the season, both teams SHOULD go in unscathed, and the winner of the game wins the SEC West, wins the SEC Championship, and wins the National Championship.

Whoa whoa whoa there, brother. Slow down a bit. Let's take this one deep breath at a time.

First off the Backs don't stand a chance against the Tide.

Second, even if Arkansas pulls a miracle out of their ass Alabama will still catch up and win the West.

Third, if by the grace and miracles of God the Razorbacks miraculously win the West they will get absolutely fucking slaughtered by my boys from my hometown of Gainesville. The Gators will go all Deliverance on Arkansas.

Arkansas finished up last year 8-5 with an abysmal conference record of 3-5. What makes you think you're in the same league as Alabama let alone the Gators or worthy of the BCS title?

Arkansas, LSU, Auburn and Ole Miss will all be scrapping for that #2 spot behind the Tide. The Backs will end up with 8 or 9 wins this year and in a decent bowl game. But talks of beating Alabama, winning the West, beating the Gators and winning the whole enchilada is a pipe dream Cheech and Chong couldn't dream of.

I think it is premature in the SEC to predict anything for certain. Alabama is a force to be reckoned with, clearly, but never understimate pure will power. Teams that win it all often become lazy. As an Arkansas fan I would encourage caution among my fellow fans.

As for the Gators, if a shit stain like Houston Nuttjob could take Old Missionary Position into gator country and beat your retarded asses then anyone in the SEC with the proper frame of mind could do the same. In any event, Floriduh is old news. They'll end up second best to someone in the SEC.

Mine aren't looking that splendid either. I should have kept some of my upsets in there.

Just looked, doing a lot better in the overall standards than I thought. I was the only one to pick South Florida though. :lol:

Mine aren't looking that splendid either. I should have kept some of my upsets in there.

Just looked, doing a lot better in the overall standards than I thought. I was the only one to pick South Florida though. :lol:

Because I changed mine at the last minute. Why? Not sure.

Just changed some of my remaining picks back to what I had them at originally. Going to let my gut decide.

EDIT: I didn't realize Florida had such a big comeback. Woot!

Last edited:
boise is out of the BCS hunt.

I certainly hope so, but if Alabama or (especially) Ohio State lose a game, Boise could still squeak in. It's a shame, because their strength of schedule is just so fucking weak. It all depends on how the voters vote. If Alabama were to lose to say, Arkansas or Auburn, I don't think the voters would be too harsh on them. If they lose to Ole Miss, Alabama's ranking will tank. Ohio State can't afford to lose any games, even to Michigan. They need an undefeated season to stay in it.

I like Oregon's chances, too. They have a decent schedule, but all of their games are winnable. I could even see them leaping Boise State and sneaking into the NC if Ohio State stumbles.

I certainly hope so, but if Alabama or (especially) Ohio State lose a game, Boise could still squeak in. It's a shame, because their strength of schedule is just so fucking weak. It all depends on how the voters vote. If Alabama were to lose to say, Arkansas or Auburn, I don't think the voters would be too harsh on them. If they lose to Ole Miss, Alabama's ranking will tank. Ohio State can't afford to lose any games, even to Michigan. They need an undefeated season to stay in it.

I like Oregon's chances, too. They have a decent schedule, but all of their games are winnable. I could even see them leaping Boise State and sneaking into the NC if Ohio State stumbles.

How do you like our chances in athens this weekend? Going to be tough. I hope we are 3-0 coming back home to play the tide.

if Texas, OK, or Oregon go undefeated no way Boise plays ahead of them or any other undefeated BCS conf champion.

Well, I can't imagine Bama doing a repeat of last year. Not impossible, but not likely...not in the SEC.

Well, I can't imagine Bama doing a repeat of last year. Not impossible, but not likely...not in the SEC.

Especially not in the SEC West. You realize that 4 teams in the West are ranked, and Mississippi State has votes. Even though Ole Miss looks incredibly weak, they are still one of those teams you don't underestimate. The West is just brutal this year. The East certainly isn't a pushover, but I'd love to have Tennessee, Kentucky, and Vanderbilt in place of any of the teams in the West.

How do you like our chances in athens this weekend? Going to be tough. I hope we are 3-0 coming back home to play the tide.

I like our chances a lot. We scored 5 touchdowns on them last year, and our offense has improved a bit since then (not counting Saturday...wtf?). The problem last year was that we couldn't stop THEM from scoring, specifically A.J. Green. Well, our defense is MUCH, MUCH better than last year, and A.J. Green won't be on the field. So, I like our chances a lot.

Alabama is looking scarier each week. Starting the season, I felt confident in our chances against Alabama. But after seeing what they did to Penn State, I'm getting pessimistic. Still, 11-1 in the SEC West would be fine with me. It's a guaranteed BCS bid.

Now...I just have to find tickets for the Bama game.

Forum List

Back