Obama's not coming to get your guns! What now?

Mad Scientist has become completely unhinged :tinfoil: . i never figured him for a clinger :dunno: Pssst: you people still have the House.

Mad Scientist has become completely unhinged :tinfoil: . i never figured him for a clinger :dunno: Pssst: you people still have the House.
I'm not a Republican, I didn't vote for Romney.

Guns, high powered ones in the hands of Americans, are the only thing left keeping a Tyrannical Gov't at bay. That's why they wanna' take them.

You think it can't happen here because we won WWII? That was a looooooongtime a go and America has fallen a loooooooooong way.

We're ripe for the pickin'.

]So he nominates a Person and Sends that to the Senate. No EO is needed. So why did he do it?

You don't know either.

He's issued an EO on that? Show me.
I already posted it you ding dong.
Alright, I'll show you again. Sorry it's all "wordy" and stuff. It's not the typical R ME Manual loaded with pictures.

Source: Washington Slimes:
11. Nominate a new director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

Guns, high powered ones in the hands of Americans, are the only thing left keeping a Tyrannical Gov't at bay. That's why they wanna' take them.

Oh, yeah....right. I'm sure the Department of Defense stays up all night worrying about a bunch of Nuttard's with deer rifles.

]So he nominates a Person and Sends that to the Senate. No EO is needed. So why did he do it?

You don't know either.

He's issued an EO on that? Show me.
I already posted it you ding dong.
Alright, I'll show you again. Sorry it's all "wordy" and stuff. It's not the typical R ME Manual loaded with pictures.

Source: Washington Slimes:
11. Nominate a new director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

You don't even really know what an Executive Order is, do you?

I don't know. Do you have some objection to making sure those already prohibited by law from having a gun aren't finding some way to get them or, worse yet, being issued concealed carry licenses?
no i dont.....but they are very small in numbers compared to the people i have mentioned.....and since the ones i mentioned kill people everyday around the country using GUNS which are no doubt illegal...i just thought i would ask.....because NO ONE seems to be talking about these particular "gun nuts"......just the guy down the street who owns a few and is overly concerned about the 2nd Amend. being fucked with or the occasional nut who starts shooting at people.....little Black and Brown kids walking home from school who get shot daily around the Country by Gangs shooting at a rival gangster,but hit the kid walking home from school are just as important as the Middle class white kids who got shot in Conn.......one makes the front page and is a MAJOR concern.....the daily ones in the inner cities very few talk about.....

I agree, but what do you think could be done about that?

what i would do......many people would object too it and im sure the courts would shoot it down.....but violent people should lose their rights the minute they become violent...... the Cops know who the members of a gang are.....give these guys 48 hours to disband....go home and start acting like normal people or suffer the consequences.....basically send SWAT in and crush the fuckers......confiscate everything they have and make their lives so unbearable they will either conform or leave town......but in the next town they get the same shit......ZERO tolerance for VIOLENCE by people against people....SEVERE prison sentences....and you serve every minute of it....

no i dont.....but they are very small in numbers compared to the people i have mentioned.....and since the ones i mentioned kill people everyday around the country using GUNS which are no doubt illegal...i just thought i would ask.....because NO ONE seems to be talking about these particular "gun nuts"......just the guy down the street who owns a few and is overly concerned about the 2nd Amend. being fucked with or the occasional nut who starts shooting at people.....little Black and Brown kids walking home from school who get shot daily around the Country by Gangs shooting at a rival gangster,but hit the kid walking home from school are just as important as the Middle class white kids who got shot in Conn.......one makes the front page and is a MAJOR concern.....the daily ones in the inner cities very few talk about.....

I agree, but what do you think could be done about that?

what i would do......many people would object too it and im sure the courts would shoot it down.....but violent people should lose their rights the minute they become violent...... the Cops know who the members of a gang are.....give these guys 48 hours to disband....go home and start acting like normal people or suffer the consequences.....basically send SWAT in and crush the fuckers......confiscate everything they have and make their lives so unbearable they will either conform or leave town......but in the next town they get the same shit......ZERO tolerance for VIOLENCE by people against people....SEVERE prison sentences....and you serve every minute of it....

I agree. Use the power of the civil injunction that puts certain behavior off limits with the punishment of arrest and confiscation of everything owned by the gang member, whether it be inner city banger or rural milita mutt.

Oh, yeah....right. I'm sure the Department of Defense stays up all night worrying about a bunch of Nuttard's with deer rifles.

Exactly. The military had .50 cal mounted on tripod back when i served > 20 yrs ago. They aren't losing sleep over someone w/ small arms. The gov't has other non-lethal crowd control methods as well as the rightiosts cheered them on for using against Wall St protesters

Exactly. The military had .50 cal mounted on tripod back when i served > 20 yrs ago. They aren't losing sleep over someone w/ small arms. The gov't has other non-lethal crowd control methods as well as the rightiosts cheered them on for using against Wall St protesters

To be fair, though, the British weren't worried about a bunch of armed peasants in 1776, either. And, our military weren't too worried about a rag-tag bunch of Vietnamese with old rifles or the 5th century Taliban to boot.

How did that turn out?

Neither were the Union troops in 1861, but what they hey. The South wasn't worth spit compared to the Taliban or the Vietnamese, huh. And aren't now.

Here's what the President has recommended Congress do and what he will do through Executive action and Orders.

As you can see...he's not coming to get your guns. In spite all the anguish, weeping, wailing and predictions of dire days ahead, he's actually proposing very little which is new. In fact, you might even say this response is a little tepid and it has disappointed the most rabid gun grabbers.

What say you now? Will you apologize for all the manure you've spread, for all the lies you've told, for bombarding us with your facile, simplistic, ideologically driven conspiracy theories?

i thought not. After all...it's STILL Obama....ain't it?

To be done by executive action:

1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.

2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.

6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.

7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.

8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).

9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.

10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.

11. Nominate an ATF director.

12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.

13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.

14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.

18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.

19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.

20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.

21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.

22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.

23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.

Requests for congressional action:

Require criminal background checks for all gun sales. (a.k.a. closing the "gun show loophole.")

Reinstate and strengthen the assault weapons ban.

Restore the 10-round limit on ammunition magazines.

Protect police by finishing the job of getting rid of armor-piercing bullets.

Give law enforcement additional tools to prevent and prosecute gun crime.

End the freeze on gun violence research.

Make our schools safer with more school resource officers and school counselors, safer climates, and better emergency response plans.

Help ensure that young people get the mental health treatment they need.

Ensure health insurance plans cover mental health benefits.

Read President Obama's New, Proposed Executive Orders and Legislation on Guns

Reinstate and strengthen the assault weapons ban.

Following is a summary of the 2013 legislation:
• Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
120 specifically-named firearms;
Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one or more military characteristics; and
Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.
• Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test;
o Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test; and
o Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans.

• Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
• Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment;
Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes; and
Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons.
• Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
Background check of owner and any transferee;
Type and serial number of the firearm;
Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.

Yeah? So what? How would that be the end of the world and how would it be any different from what the owners of fully-automatic weapons have to do now?

With the exception of shotguns and bolt action rifles, most rifles and pistols are semi-automatic weapons. They fire a bullet as fast as you can pull the trigger. What good does a background check do if the government follows the law and destroy each individual record after six months? I am sure you believe that they do that.

Neither were the Union troops in 1861, but what they hey. The South wasn't worth spit compared to the Taliban or the Vietnamese, huh. And aren't now.

The south has a larger percentage of African-Americans than most other sections of the country. I will assume you are a racist based on your statement.

Too Tall is Too Silly. :lol: He knows I was referring to the cowardly militia mutts of the South.

Forum List

Back