2 Black Men Tortured By Mississippi Officers Call For Toughest Sentences.

Did you read the story? I can help deflate your argument.

from the NYT:

Last November, The New York Times and Mississippi Today published an investigation revealing that for nearly two decades, deputies in the Rankin sheriff department, many of whom called themselves the Goon Squad, would barge into homes in the middle of the night, handcuff people and torture them for information or confessions.

In the pursuit of drug arrests, the deputies rammed a stick down one man’s throat until he vomited, dripped molten metal onto another man’s skin and held people down and beat them until they were bloody and bruised...

Many of those who said they had experienced violence filed lawsuits or formal complaints ...A few said they had contacted Rankin County Sheriff Bryan Bailey directly, only to be ignored

and... Goon Squad Officers Face Sentencing in Mississippi Torture Cases

The sheriff’s department in Rankin County, a suburban community just outside Jackson, came to national attention last year after five Rankin County deputies and a Richland Police detective raided the home of Eddie Parker, 36, and his friend, Michael Jenkins, 33, following a tip about suspicious activity.

The officers handcuffed and tortured the men by shocking them repeatedly with Tasers, beating them and sexually assaulting them with a sex toy. Mr. Elward put his gun into Mr. Jenkins’s mouth and shot him, shattering his jaw and nearly killing him

what argument am I making? this was in one Sherrifs department. Im talking about painting with a broad brush in all small towns.

What they did was a horrific crime. Not taking away from that.

Even Americans are completely familiar with Klan style denials of being racists. We're seeing some examples already on this topic.

See how Meathead attempts to avoid proclaiming that he's not a racist!

Trump has lit Mississippi on fire again, but unfortunately he's still the best choice for president. I have to make peace with Russia my priority over the useless attempt to stop racism in America.
Its an amazing paradox. Blacks just keep voting for dems who were the party of slavery and segregation and keep them in bondage
TO THIS DAY. I cant explain it. There has to be some type of clinical disorder explanation similar to a child who is abused by his parents but still loves them.

Actually it does for the large majority, but also true of most of the other southern states. Listen to the attempts of some who are already trying to distance themselves from this police brutality, but also recall the exaggerated racist remarks from the exact same racists.

The fact is, most of then have made it perfectly clear that they want to proudly own racism.

Is this their opportunity at repenting or is it their attempt at damage control?

Let's just enjoy the moment by listening to their excuses!

Well crimes by cops like this one, are a combination of racism, and then some cops feeling like they can just do whatever they want. So who here is suppossed to repent, over what those people did? those cops are getting rightfully punished, and hopefully it will lead to less abuses by others.

what argument am I making? this was in one Sherrifs department. Im talking about painting with a broad brush in all small towns.

What they did was a horrific crime. Not taking away from that.
I understand where you're coming from. I lived for a few years in a rural community. It was great and the local PD was great. But I've heard stories of communities in some areas having dangerous police forces. And sad to say, certain states have the issue more widespread with a history.

quote:
So far charges against officers in Rankin County have been narrowly focused on these two incidents, but residents in impoverished pockets of the county say that the sheriff’s department has routinely targeted them with similar levels of violence.

Well crimes by cops like this one, are a combination of racism, and then some cops feeling like they can just do whatever they want. So who here is suppossed to repent, over what those people did? those cops are getting rightfully punished, and hopefully it will lead to less abuses by others.
Fuck the Blue Wall. We want dedicated LE to do well. The Blue Wall only protects the scum.

JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Two Black men who were tortured by six Mississippi law enforcement officers called on a federal judge Monday to impose the harshest possible penalties against the disgraced former lawmen.

The former law officers admitted in August to subjecting Michael Corey Jenkins and Eddie Terrell Parker to numerous acts of racially motivated, violent torture.

Prompted by a neighbor’s complaint in January 2023 that Jenkins and Parker were staying in a home with a white woman, the group of six burst in without a warrant and assaulted Jenkins and Parker with stun guns, a sex toy and other objects.

After a mock execution went awry when Jenkins was shot in the mouth, they devised a coverup that included planting drugs and a gun. The Rankin County Sheriff’s Department then supported the deputies’ false charges, which stood against Jenkins and Parker for months.
I doubt they get "the max" under federal law. Although, I can hope for the best.

But the real questions are where is the local prosecution, and if there isn't local prosecution, why hasn't the state taken it over. And believe it or not, Miss's gop legislature is trying to work that out.

And I'd really like to know why the Biden DOJ isn't so far up the Rankin County Sheriff's ass, he's screaming.

Its an amazing paradox. Blacks just keep voting for dems who were the party of slavery and segregation and keep them in bondage
TO THIS DAY. I cant explain it. There has to be some type of clinical disorder explanation similar to a child who is abused by his parents but still loves them.
because the Dems are the party that ended segregation, introduced and fought for civil rights, and protect minorities from the right wing racists.

I doubt they get "the max" under federal law. Although, I can hope for the best.

But the real questions are where is the local prosecution, and if there isn't why hasn't the state taken it over. And believe it or not, Miss's gop legislature is trying to work that out.
The first got 20 years which was the max
He also gets to face state charges

The former officers have been arrested. The system works despite fake outrage by the race baiters. Who do we see about the unarmed white female Veteran who was shot and killed by a black Capital officer on Jan 6?
You mean as she was hunting down legislators during Benedict Donald's riot?

Benedict Donnie is practically and morally responsible for her death during his riot at the capitol

If one of the rioters had tried to enter here, what do you think the guys with their guns drawn would do?

1710871735153.png

Forum List

Back