Because it becomes bad when Obama does it!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rdean, Jan 16, 2013.

1. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,920
    Ever notice how the GOP is for the opposite of Obama even when Obama uses one of their ideas?

The "public option" used so successfully by Romney came from the "Herritage Foundation". Now, it's the WORST THING EVER!

Republicans felt we should stay in Afghanistan until it was clear Obama wanted to stay, then they wanted to pull out. Up until Obama annouced a date for leaving and now they want to stay.

Republicans were outraged over the BP spill untill Obama got 20 billion from BP. Then Republican apoligized - to BP!

Republicans felt using reconcilliation was fine. They used it against powerless Democrats under Bush "THREE TIMES".

Republicans approved Bush, Bush and Reagan using the "Executive Order" but when Obama does it, it's suddenly "unconstitutional".

The list is endless.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. TNHarley

TNHarley Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,558
    Because he would just fuck up a perfectly good idea

3. Oldguy

Oldguy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +592

Why is simple. They have to pretend that Barack Obama was not freely elected by a majority of American voters, or they'll have to admit to themselves that their agenda is wrong, that American's don't want their vision of the future.

So....they have to oppose everything he does, not only out of spite, but to keep what few supporters they have left from bolting to a new party. It's all about their appearance...not principle.

4. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,329
    Republicans love disaster relief when it goes to a red state. If a blue state needs it....we can't afford it

5. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    they are racists at their core

6. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    Its the only ideal they will never give up.

7. rightwinger

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,329
    Its gotten to the point where they even refuse to attend state dinners when invited to the White House

8. nodoginnafight

nodoginnafight No Party Affiliation

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,497
    It's more about "branding" than it is about good government. It's disgusting. I believe both parties do it, but I think the Republicans of late have gone over the cliff with it.

9. rightwinger

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,329
    President Obama Can?t Get a Republican Date - ABC News

It sounds like President Obama is getting lonely. And – surprise – Republicans aren’t keen on helping him out.

Asked about the state of congressional relations at his news conference today, the president mused aloud that to some Republicans, “it doesn’t look real good socializing with me.”

“I’m a pretty friendly guy. And I like a good party,” the president said. “I promise you, we invite folks from Congress over here all the time. And when they choose to come, I enjoy their company. Sometimes they don’t choose to come, and that has to do with the fact that I think they don’t consider the optics useful for them politically.”

Obama’s often futile attempts to get a Republican to punch his dance card are fairly well-documented.

House Speaker John Boehner’s decision to not have his photo taken with the president at a White House holiday party last month may have been overblown, but it was taken as a sign that the fiscal cliff wasn’t making the power players any friendlier with each other.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  10. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    Gee and when they are in the room with the leading Dems they tell them to FucK themselves