Obama Turns to Rank and File for Ideas to Curb Federal Spending

Don't get it. You mean Obama is like Bush? When did Bush want to raise taxes? I don't support everything Obama does.
what taxes has Obama raised?
i dont see any yet
but i have seen him quadruple the deficit

Cigarette tax anyone?
oops :redface:
forgot about that one
i dont smoke so it doesnt effect me at all

and, has it actually increased the level of revenue?
last i herd it caused a bunch of people to seek out help in quiting

Last edited:
what taxes has Obama raised?
i dont see any yet
but i have seen him quadruple the deficit

Cigarette tax anyone?
forgot about that one

The tax money is to be used for SChip. There was also something like $75M in the stim plan for smoking cessation programs. Government logic = :cuckoo:

I'm telling Obama we could save a lot of money doing away with deer crossing signs. Everyone knows deer can't read (and even if they can there are suicidal ones who cross elsewhere ).

In fact, the FY2009 budget for the year ending Sept 30, 2009 was passed before Obama became prez.

But I agree Obama is responsible for the budgets during his term. Right now he is legitimately creating fiscal stimulus to avoid a depression. We'll see how he does down the road.
he was in the senate at the time it was passed, and he voted FOR it
he is just as responsible as any other congress person
and he also fought for and signed the extra spending packages
its HIS responsibility as much as anyone elses
you keep giving him the break you would NEVER have give Bush or any other republican

So what. He wasn't president. He couldn't veto it. That's like saying it's McCain's budget and his fault there's a big deficit.

Wow, you are totally brainwashed or stupid.

1) He voted FOR it while in the senate, so why the hell would he veto it as President ?

2) He promised no earmarks, but did not veto the Omnibus bill.

The debt was almost $11 trillion before Obama took office; and inhereted the worst financial/credit crises since the great depression as well as a trillion dollar deficit.

Whether he will adopt policies to improve the budget after the economy gets back on its feet remains to be seen, but to blame him for the situation now is beyond partisan.

Watch the IOUSA THE MOVIE video in my sig line. Maybe that will enlighten you.

And I didn't say oblahma was to blame for the way things are NOW.... I said, and I hate to have to repeat myself just because someone is too partisan to comprehend, like you, but I SAID that oblahma has taken an ALREADY bad situation and made it WORSE, MUCH, MUCH WORSE! THAT IS A FACT! Yes oblahma inherited a deficit, but he's growing it to levels that we'll have to create new numbers to calculate it. In other words, he's making sure we're FUCKED!!!

You liberal obama worshipers trying to change the subject, distract, or otherwise make something else out of the truth is NOT going to change that. Oblahma is BAD for this country. He is in WAAAAAAAAAAAY over his head. He has NO FUCKING CLUE what he's doing other than SPENDING MONEY, and that is the WORST thing he could do right now, PERIOD! It's money we DON'T HAVE, it's money we DIDN'T HAVE, and it's money we WON'T HAVE! This country is headed for a financial TRAIN WRECK, and you people are riding along thinking everything is fine and dandy. Tell your children what you were thinking ten years from now when they wonder why in the hell you did this to them by voting for oblahma.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Thanks for claryifying it wasn't Obama that put this nation into the debt mess it is in.

Obama inhereted a collapsing economy and is applying economic stimulus just like Bush did in 2001 with the tax rebates. Yes that makes the deficit worse in the short term, but watching and doing nothing while the economty slides into oblivion is not an option.

Whether he will adopt policies to improve the budget after the economy gets back on its feet remains to be seen; but to blame him for the situation now is beyond partisan.

ROFL.. Except The Lord of the Idiots is RAISING TAXES... He'll do what leftists ALWAYS DO... spend on those things that EMPOWER LEFTISTS.

Grab a freakin' clue...

There was a surplus and the debt was paid $114 billion down in the last year Clinton was in office.

The backup up is all here:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/econo...ng-the-clinton-administration-was-a-myth.html

I agree the surplus was relatively small. But had the govt had small surpluses over the past 8 years instead of massive defiits the nation would be about $5 trillion in debt instead of $11.
You are making a semantics argument.

You cannot have a surplus when you are in debt, they had money left over, but it was not used to payoff the debt of the nation.

Surplus implies the USA was debt free and had money left over, and this was not the case.

That's a new one. What do you call it when the Govt revenues exceeds expenditures?

Whatever labels you want to attach, that was the status when Bush took office, and if we kept doing that the past 8 years the Govt would have much lower debt than it does now.

But government revenues did NOT exceed expenditures... given that liabilities are a function of expenditures, even when one chooses to ignore those liabilities.

Bush came to power on waning economy... Or do you also choose to ignore the Clinton recession of 2000-2001? Add to that the Clinton national security policy which Bush erroneously adopted which lead to 9-11 and PRESTO... ya have a wornderful reason for deficit spending... and when one considers the mandatory increases in social spending REQUIRED by such lunacy as the bills which REMAIN from "the Great Society", when one calculates the need to rebuild the US intelligence and Military from the evisceration of the Clinton regime, WHERE BUT DEFICITSPENDING WOULD ONE GO TO DEAL WITH SUCH PROBLEMS.

Such is NOT the case in the present "financial Crisis"... this woul dbe OVER by now if the Progressives had simply let the market realize the idiocy of the Feds fractional banking policy, absord the bad paper and moved on... as it stands now, we're looking at, at LEAST a Decade for this crap to get behind us IF THEN!

Hussein is the FDR-II who is residing over Great Depression II...

Last edited:
Cigarette tax anyone?
forgot about that one

The tax money is to be used for SChip. There was also something like $75M in the stim plan for smoking cessation programs. Government logic = :cuckoo:
I'm glad I wasn't the only one to notice that.
The government paying to stop people from smoking, then budgeting money based upon people smoking. You'd think it was a Saturday Night Live comic sketch, but it's just business as usual for moronic politicians.

forgot about that one

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to notice that.
The government paying to stop people from smoking, then budgeting money based upon people smoking. You'd think it was a Saturday Night Live comic sketch, but it's just business as usual for moronic politicians.
it would be funny if it wasnt so damn pathetic

I'm telling Obama we could save a lot of money doing away with deer crossing signs. Everyone knows deer can't read (and even if they can there are suicidal ones who cross elsewhere ).

When our kids were little we told them those signs meant there were dancing deer in the area. We forgot to tell them at a later point what they really meant. :lol:

When our kids were little we told them those signs meant there were dancing deer in the area. We forgot to tell them at a later point what they really meant. :lol:

Don't ruin their fantasies. :lol:

My favorite was the 'Watch Children' signs. I always said I wanted some of them. My kids would ask 'some of what'? Some of those watch children; they're like watch dogs but better. Hey what can I say? Sometimes the car rides were really long! :lol:

My favorite was the 'Watch Children' signs. I always said I wanted some of them. My kids would ask 'some of what'? Some of those watch children; they're like watch dogs but better. Hey what can I say? Sometimes the car rides were really long! :lol:

I hear ya---I liked the SLOW CHILDREN signs better. We did everything in slow motion.

he was in the senate at the time it was passed, and he voted FOR it
he is just as responsible as any other congress person
and he also fought for and signed the extra spending packages
its HIS responsibility as much as anyone elses
you keep giving him the break you would NEVER have give Bush or any other republican

So what. He wasn't president. He couldn't veto it. That's like saying it's McCain's budget and his fault there's a big deficit.

Wow, you are totally brainwashed or stupid.

1) He voted FOR it while in the senate, so why the hell would he veto it as President ?

Irrelevant

2) He promised no earmarks, but did not veto the Omnibus bill.

False.

Forum List

Back