Torture Memos heat up Washington

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JimH52, Apr 25, 2009.

1. JimH52

JimH52 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,141
  2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Care and I were just discussing 'remember what comes around, goes around' this morning.
    Just came across this,, some of the lawyers are doing a pretty good list, even though 100 days, can't really supply the incidents of 8 years and two wars:

3. JimH52

JimH52 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,141
    I'll bite

Name one...

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Check out the link provided, argue away from there.

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Came across this opening of a debate, which is more what one would hope would be conducted in Washington DC, you know, for the good of 'the people':

National Journal Magazine - Did Torture Save Lives?

6. JimH52

JimH52 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,141
    Bottom line is the Decider decided to walk away from years of moral policies and standards for interrogation methods. Being a recovering alcolholic and flanked by Mister Mean, he decided to ignore memos that said his stance was flawed, wrong, and perhaps illegal. He shunned the standards of the military hand book and forgot how we held earlier enemies guilty of criminal acts for waterboarding. He setup and used prison in other countries to torture and gain information from "detainees."

Bush soiled the Presidency and this country. It my my sincere hope that Obama can restore our standing in the world. If it were left up to me, I would walk away from the Bush years and mark it off as a bad dream, but I don't think that is going happen.

Did you argue as long and as hard over the millions of dollars spent on Clinton lying about having an affair? What goes around comes around. Now it is your turn...

7. oreo

oreo Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,147
    Hey--bring on the bi-partisan FULL investigation. Nancy Pelosi is up to her eyeballs in this. In fact, in a couple of days I expect her eyeballs to merge to form the cyclopse one eye. We find out that she was a member of 8 congresspeople that sat through over 30 meetings regarding the "enhanced interrogations technics' back in 2002. Pelosi now states she knew of the 'procedures"--but didn't KNOW they were actually doing them. Gotta laugh at that one.

Yet, Pelosi has been the first one to point a finger at Condi Rice for authorising the waterboarding of the mastermind of the 9/11 attacks--which broke up another 9/11 attack in Los Angeles.

Barack Obama opened this can of worms to throw a "fish bone" to the ACLU & moveon.org crowd & it looks like he is going to end up eating a ton of worms over it. Obama completely ignored 4 former CIA chiefs, including George Tenet, former Clinto

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  8. PubliusInfinitum

PubliusInfinitum BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    Did he really? What years were those exactly? I mean comeone JimH... Inform the board of the YEARS of experience and interrogation methods which the US employed in its last war with Islamic Terrorists, which attacked the US Citizenry in an ATTACK THAT COST THE US 1/15th of the US ECONOMY in a two hour attack.

This is assinine... the US had NO EXPERIENCE in such a war... and the US intelligence system was on its KNEES... from the evisceration of the Clinton regime which had implemented policy such as prohibiting US intelligence operatives from hiring 'those with violent criminal backgrounds as sources of information...

Thus getting timely information from high value terrorist operatives was CRITICAL to the effort designed to destroy that terrorist enemy.

What the left wants to do is to use the success of those tactics as PROOF that there was no reason to USE those tactics... its the pre-911 mindset and it's going to lead us RIGHT BACK TO 911... and when it does... the ideological left is DONE in the US...

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  9. Meister

Meister VIP Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,100
    Spoken like a true partisan hack. You just can't get over Bush, can ya???

10. Yurt

Yurt Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,038
    to not violate the constitution you would have to return slaves to their rightful owners and not drink alcohol....