Obama Turns to Rank and File for Ideas to Curb Federal Spending

Jeez. Of course I won't admit it. You claimed he said it. You back up your own assertion. Show me a cite where he says we can spend our way out of debt, then I'll agree with it.
I never claimed he said it.
Are you clueless?
The actions speak loudly regardless of what is said.

Sorry for the confusion.
I thought you were claiming that Obama's solution was to spend our way out of debt when you wrote:

"And the solution from Mr President and the congress is to spend our way out of that debt by passing an even larger deficit spending budget."

And now that you've acknowledge that Obama has never claimed that the purpose of the stimulus bill was to get out of debt, we can put that misconception aside.

Your confusion still hasn't ended.
Keep pointing it out for everybody so I don't have to.
But please stop claiming words in my posts that I never made. It makes you look like an idiot.

I never claimed he said it.
Are you clueless?
The actions speak loudly regardless of what is said.

Sorry for the confusion.
I thought you were claiming that Obama's solution was to spend our way out of debt when you wrote:

"And the solution from Mr President and the congress is to spend our way out of that debt by passing an even larger deficit spending budget."

And now that you've acknowledge that Obama has never claimed that the purpose of the stimulus bill was to get out of debt, we can put that misconception aside.

But please stop claiming words in my posts that I never made. It makes you look like an idiot.

The words I put in quotation marks were directly taken verbatim from your post #38. The record speaks for itself.

Sorry for the confusion.

The words I put in quotation marks were directly taken verbatim from your post #38. The record speaks for itself.

But your interpretation in bold and red above was not.
I tried to help you out (see words in blue), but you wouldn't listen.

Sorry for the confusion.

Calm down Irie.
If they miss the point or refuse to explain themselves clearly, then the person you are responding too is no more than a troll trying to keep you off topic. Send one response, then ignore them after they refuse to prove themselves.

This latest bit of academia, feel-good "sharing" pablum/escape-direct-responsiblity crap from this guy has managed to annoy me so much, I cannot contribute further to the string.

Then maybe you need to move to a country where there is no national debt. But you won't find one unless you bought your own island and established your own sovereignty.

The national debt has been on the rise since World War II, and we manage to survive in spite ever evolving changes affecting the overall economy.

U.S. National Debt Clock FAQ

No... the national debt started during the Civil War, and they then realized how bad it was for our economy and set about to paying it off. We haven't come close to doing anything like that since then. But your lop eared moron hussein and his henchmen/women, have spent this country into CERTAIN NATIONAL DEBT OBLIVION! There is only ONE way out, and that will be to TAX people at a rate approaching 50%.

You failing to admit the truth for your love and blindness of obama is troubling. Wake up and smell the coffee. We're in deep trouble. You sticking your head in the dirt isn't going to help yourself, or anyone else. YOU are part of the problem.

The debt was almost $11 trillion before Obama took office; and inhereted the worst financial/credit crises since the great depression as well as a trillion dollar deficit.

Whether he will adopt policies to improve the budget after the economy gets back on its feet remains to be seen, but to blame him for the situation now is beyond partisan.

Watch the IOUSA THE MOVIE video in my sig line. Maybe that will enlighten you.

And I didn't say oblahma was to blame for the way things are NOW.... I said, and I hate to have to repeat myself just because someone is too partisan to comprehend, like you, but I SAID that oblahma has taken an ALREADY bad situation and made it WORSE, MUCH, MUCH WORSE! THAT IS A FACT! Yes oblahma inherited a deficit, but he's growing it to levels that we'll have to create new numbers to calculate it. In other words, he's making sure we're FUCKED!!!

You liberal obama worshipers trying to change the subject, distract, or otherwise make something else out of the truth is NOT going to change that. Oblahma is BAD for this country. He is in WAAAAAAAAAAAY over his head. He has NO FUCKING CLUE what he's doing other than SPENDING MONEY, and that is the WORST thing he could do right now, PERIOD! It's money we DON'T HAVE, it's money we DIDN'T HAVE, and it's money we WON'T HAVE! This country is headed for a financial TRAIN WRECK, and you people are riding along thinking everything is fine and dandy. Tell your children what you were thinking ten years from now when they wonder why in the hell you did this to them by voting for oblahma.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Last edited:
No... the national debt started during the Civil War, and they then realized how bad it was for our economy and set about to paying it off. We haven't come close to doing anything like that since then. But your lop eared moron hussein and his henchmen/women, have spent this country into CERTAIN NATIONAL DEBT OBLIVION! There is only ONE way out, and that will be to TAX people at a rate approaching 50%.

You failing to admit the truth for your love and blindness of obama is troubling. Wake up and smell the coffee. We're in deep trouble. You sticking your head in the dirt isn't going to help yourself, or anyone else. YOU are part of the problem.

The debt was almost $11 trillion before Obama took office; and inhereted the worst financial/credit crises since the great depression as well as a trillion dollar deficit.

Whether he will adopt policies to improve the budget after the economy gets back on its feet remains to be seen, but to blame him for the situation now is beyond partisan.

And I didn't say oblahma was to blame for the way things are NOW.... I said, and I hate to have to repeat myself just because someone is too partisan to comprehend, like you, but I SAID that oblahma has taken an ALREADY bad situation and made it WORSE, MUCH, MUCH WORSE! THAT IS A FACT! Yes oblahma inherited a deficit, but he's growing it to levels that we'll have to create new numbers to calculate it. In other words, he's making sure we're FUCKED!!!

You liberal obama worshipers trying to change the subject, distract, or otherwise make something else out of the truth is NOT going to change that. Oblahma is BAD for this country. He is in WAAAAAAAAAAAY over his head. He has NO FUCKING CLUE what he's doing other than SPENDING MONEY, and that is the WORST thing he could do right now, PERIOD! It's money we DON'T HAVE, it's money we DIDN'T HAVE, and it's money we WON'T HAVE! This country is headed for a financial TRAIN WRECK, and you people are riding along thinking everything is fine and dandy. Tell your children what you were thinking ten years from now when they wonder why in the hell you did this to them by voting for oblahma.

Thanks for claryifying it wasn't Obama that put this nation into the debt mess it is in.

Obama inhereted a collapsing economy and is applying economic stimulus just like Bush did in 2001 with the tax rebates. Yes that makes the deficit worse in the short term, but watching and doing nothing while the economty slides into oblivion is not an option.

Whether he will adopt policies to improve the budget after the economy gets back on its feet remains to be seen; but to blame him for the situation now is beyond partisan.

Thanks for claryifying it wasn't Obama that put this nation into the debt mess it is in.

No one ever said it the original mess was his fault. And if there was anyone on earth who actually thinks that, then they haven't heard Barry give a speech because he makes sure to let us know who's fault it was.

Obama inhereted a collapsing economy and is applying economic stimulus just like Bush did in 2001 with the tax rebates. Yes that makes the deficit worse in the short term, but watching and doing nothing while the economty slides into oblivion is not an option.

Inherited? Makes it sound as if he had no choice in the matter. Someone hold a gun to his head and make him run? He won the 'mess' on Nov. 4 Barry's tax rebates that are going to expire the end of next year? That's the buzz. If it didn't work when Bush did it why is it going to work now? Cause Barry's doing it??

Your statement would be more accurate if the "Him" refers to Bush.

Obama did not create the deficit. It was Bush and in idiots in Congress in 2001 that inhereted a surplus and created record deficits.
That is not correct.

There was no 'surplus', there was money left over from the final two years of Clinton's budgets, but none of it was used to pay the existing debt, so you can't call it a surplus, and even if it had been used on the debt, it would have been a drop in the bucket.

Obama did not create the deficit. It was Bush and in idiots in Congress in 2001 that inhereted a surplus and created record deficits.
That is not correct.

There was no 'surplus', there was money left over from the final two years of Clinton's budgets, but none of it was used to pay the existing debt, so you can't call it a surplus, and even if it had been used on the debt, it would have been a drop in the bucket.

There was a surplus and the debt was paid $114 billion down in the last year Clinton was in office.

The backup up is all here:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/econo...ng-the-clinton-administration-was-a-myth.html

I agree the surplus was relatively small. But had the govt had small surpluses over the past 8 years instead of massive defiits the nation would be about $5 trillion in debt instead of $11.

No one ever said it the original mess was his fault. And if there was anyone on earth who actually thinks that, then they haven't heard Barry give a speech because he makes sure to let us know who's fault it was.

Inherited? Makes it sound as if he had no choice in the matter. Someone hold a gun to his head and make him run? He won the 'mess' on Nov. 4 Barry's tax rebates that are going to expire the end of next year? That's the buzz. If it didn't work when Bush did it why is it going to work now? Cause Barry's doing it??

Sorry if you feel disappointed that the cumulative damage of 8 years of misguided policies haven't all been fixed in 3 months.

I don't really expect him to have fixed it all (if he can) by 2012 and will probably need until 2016.

Sorry if you feel disappointed that the cumulative damage of 8 years of misguided policies haven't all been fixed in 3 months.

I don't really expect him to have fixed it all (if he can) by 2012 and will probably need until 2016.
if the last 8 years were SO bad, why is it you support the last 8 years squared

Don't get it. You mean Obama is like Bush? When did Bush want to raise taxes? I don't support everything Obama does.

Last edited:

Don't get it. You mean Obama is like Bush? When did Bush want to raise taxes? I don't support everything Obama does.
what taxes has Obama raised?
i dont see any yet
but i have seen him quadruple the deficit

what taxes has Obama raised?
i dont see any yet

I know you are disappointed. But give him time.
but i have seen him quadruple the deficit

I haven't.
no, im not disapointed he hasnt raised taxes, i hope he doesnt

and it figures you havent seen that, you are a braindead fucking moron
get your head out of his ass sometime

That is not correct.

There was a surplus and the debt was paid $114 billion down in the last year Clinton was in office.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/econo...ng-the-clinton-administration-was-a-myth.html

I agree the surplus was relatively small. But had the govt had small surpluses over the past 8 years instead of massive defiits the nation would be about $5 trillion in debt instead of $11.
You are making a semantics argument.

You cannot have a surplus when you are in debt, they had money left over, but it was not used to payoff the debt of the nation.

Surplus implies the USA was debt free and had money left over, and this was not the case.

That is not correct.

You are making a semantics argument.

You cannot have a surplus when you are in debt, they had money left over, but it was not used to payoff the debt of the nation.

Surplus implies the USA was debt free and had money left over, and this was not the case.

That's a new one. What do you call it when the Govt revenues exceeds expenditures?

Whatever labels you want to attach, that was the status when Bush took office, and if we kept doing that the past 8 years the Govt would have much lower debt than it does now.

Forum List

Back