To Pay For Israeli Aid, GOP Wants To Make It More Expensive For You To File Your Taxes

None of your spin changes the fact you lied by claiming the Trump across the board tax cuts caused the rise in debt.

And the huge rise in spending happened once Nazi Piglosy got control of the purse strings, Simp.

You lose again.
I lost what? Nothing. You lied when you said that the Trump tax cuts raised revenue EVERY YEAR.

Trump signed the Budget. The GOP Senate approved the Budget. Don't blame Nancy.

Answer the question. Would cutting taxes again raise revenue, yes or no?

I lost what? Nothing. You lied when you said that the Trump tax cuts raised revenue EVERY YEAR.

Trump signed the Budget. The GOP Senate approved the Budget. Don't blame Nancy.

Answer the question. Would cutting taxes again raise revenue, yes or no?
Spending originates in the House, Stupid.

Read the Constitution.

Spending originates in the House, Stupid.
Read the Constitution.
Answer the question: Would cutting taxes again raise revenue, yes or no?

Do the House, Senate, and President all need to sign the Budget to approve it, Yes or No?
Hint: The House and Senate approve Budgets, then they go to "conference" to agree on spending, then it goes to the president.

The Trump tax cuts had a tiny rise in revenue except for 2020. The tax cuts did not raise the GDP to 5% as promised. The tax cuts were dwarfed by the GOP's increases in spending. The tax cuts did not fix the Budget Deficit. The Debt rose under Trump. EPIC FAIL.

You did NOT answer the question, "would another tax cut increase revenue?" YES or NO?????

The Trump tax cuts had a tiny rise in revenue except for 2020.

The people kept more of their money and revenues also increased?
That's a win-win.

The tax cuts were dwarfed by the GOP's increases in spending.

The Dems are free to cut spending. I'm sure the GOP will go along.
What are they waiting for?

The Trump tax cuts had a tiny rise in revenue except for 2020.
The people kept more of their money and revenues also increased?
That's a win-win.

The tax cuts were dwarfed by the GOP's increases in spending.
The Dems are free to cut spending. I'm sure the GOP will go along.
What are they waiting for?
Correct on both.

Just thinking about why going back to the 2019 Budget wouldn't work without more revenue. Adding my recommended new revenue of about $550b just gets us back to a balanced budget before the interest on the debt explodes.

1. SS is going insolvent and needs to be "fixed". Removing the cap fixes SS.
2. Medicare is going bankrupt and needs to be fixed. No clue what is needed per year $??
3. The interest on the Debt is about $650b in 2023. Need $300b or more than in 2019
4. Defense can't take that big a cut its $900b now. Need $150b

Last edited:
Answer the question: Would cutting taxes again raise revenue, yes or no?

Do the House, Senate, and President all need to sign the Budget to approve it, Yes or No?
Hint: The House and Senate approve Budgets, then they go to "conference" to agree on spending, then it goes to the president.
What taxes do you propose to cut, and by how much?

I've been filing free digitally for years, why should the IRS be spending on a new system that will probably take years to get it working anyways?

And would be obsolete before it was ever deployed. The government always runs over schedule and far over budget for its programs. By the time the digital system would get deployed the computer platform it was designed to run on would be manufacture discontinued. Hell, does anyone here know what version of Windows the government is operating on?

1698959596881.png

Republicans are looking at defunding a free digital tax filing system that's under development by the IRS to instead help pay for weapons for Israel.

Republicans are looking to cut funding for the free digital tax filing system currently being developed by the Internal Revenue Service to instead offset the $14 billion emergency request for military aid for Israel’s war in Gaza.

After House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) declared that Republicans insisted on cutting the budget to pay for the Israel war funding bill, the House Rules Committee released legislation on Monday that includes $14 billion in cuts to the IRS. That $14 billion will come out of the $67 billion that remains in additional IRS funding included in last year’s Inflation Reduction Act.

The boost to IRS funding in the Inflation Reduction Act sought to aid the agency’s efforts to police tax evasion by the wealthy and update and upgrade the IRS’s internal and public-facing systems and software.

In addition to targeting the free digital filing program, the GOP offsets would cut funding at the IRS for enforcement, operations support, policymaking and internal investigations. The only sections of the IRS funding spared from proposed cuts are assistance for taxpayers and modernization of internal business systems.

Tax preparation companies including TurboTax, Intuit and H&R Block have long opposed the creation of a free digital tax filing system by the IRS, spending tens of millions of dollars on lobbying efforts. The government and the companies came to an agreement in 2002 for the government to not pursue a free online filing system and, in turn, the tax preparers would offer their services free to filers who make less than $73,000 per year. That agreement is set to expire in 2025, based on an amendment issued last March.

To Pay For Israeli Aid, GOP Wants To Make It More Expensive For You To File Your Taxes

This doesn't sound right to me! What do you think?

DemoKKKrats: "Let Israeli women and children get beheaded and burned alive so I don't have to spend 40 cents on a stamp to mail my tax return."

Correct on both.

Just thinking about why going back to the 2019 Budget wouldn't work without more revenue. Adding my recommended new revenue of about $550b just gets us back to a balanced budget before the interest on the debt explodes.

1. SS is going insolvent and needs to be "fixed". Removing the cap fixes SS.
2. Medicare is going bankrupt and needs to be fixed. No clue what is needed per year $??
3. The interest on the Debt is about $650b in 2023. Need $300b or more than in 2019
4. Defense can't take that big a cut its $900b now. Need $150b

Just thinking about why going back to the 2019 Budget wouldn't work without more revenue.

Go back to 2019 spending, hold it constant for 5 years, then we can talk about more revenue.

Adding my recommended new revenue of about $550b just gets us back to a balanced budget before the interest on the debt explodes.

Your recommendation was about $480b.

SS is going insolvent and needs to be "fixed". Removing the cap fixes SS.

If a rich guy pays twice what he pays now and gets twice the benefit, where's the fix?

Just thinking about why going back to the 2019 Budget wouldn't work without more revenue.
Go back to 2019 spending, hold it constant for 5 years, then we can talk about more revenue.

Adding my recommended new revenue of about $550b just gets us back to a balanced budget before the interest on the debt explodes.
Your recommendation was about $480b.

SS is going insolvent and needs to be "fixed". Removing the cap fixes SS.
If a rich guy pays twice what he pays now and gets twice the benefit, where's the fix?
1. I explained why we can't go back to the 2019 Budget. It doesn't get a surplus so the interest on the debt would still grow. But its still better than we're doing now.

2. I'll take $480b in new Revenue to get a surplus and start paying down the debt.

3. The alternative is to pay SS recipients 70% of what they earned, (just pay out what SS tax is collected), or borrow more to make them whole, since the government used the surplus they paid in under a "unified bu

Republicans are looking at defunding a free digital tax filing system that's under development by the IRS to instead help pay for weapons for Israel.

Republicans are looking to cut funding for the free digital tax filing system currently being developed by the Internal Revenue Service to instead offset the $14 billion emergency request for military aid for Israel’s war in Gaza.

After House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) declared that Republicans insisted on cutting the budget to pay for the Israel war funding bill, the House Rules Committee released legislation on Monday that includes $14 billion in cuts to the IRS. That $14 billion will come out of the $67 billion that remains in additional IRS funding included in last year’s Inflation Reduction Act.

The boost to IRS funding in the Inflation Reduction Act sought to aid the agency’s efforts to police tax evasion by the wealthy and update and upgrade the IRS’s internal and public-facing systems and software.

In addition to targeting the free digital filing program, the GOP offsets would cut funding at the IRS for enforcement, operations support, policymaking and internal investigations. The only sections of the IRS funding spared from proposed cuts are assistance for taxpayers and modernization of internal business systems.

Tax preparation companies including TurboTax, Intuit and H&R Block have long opposed the creation of a free digital tax filing system by the IRS, spending tens of millions of dollars on lobbying efforts. The government and the companies came to an agreement in 2002 for the government to not pursue a free online filing system and, in turn, the tax preparers would offer their services free to filers who make less than $73,000 per year. That agreement is set to expire in 2025, based on an amendment issued last March.

There is nothing in the bill which specifically says the supposed free filing system cannot be implemented.

The bill simply claws back a measly $14B from the ~80B that was provided to the IRS to "increase enforcement."

The 2022 annual IRS budget was $12.6 billion. [CNN Link]

1. I explained why we can't go back to the 2019 Budget. It doesn't get a surplus so the interest on the debt would still grow. But its still better than we're doing now.

2. I'll take $480b in new Revenue to get a surplus and start paying down the debt.

3. The alternative is to pay SS recipients 70% of what they earned, (just pay out what SS tax is collected), or borrow more to make them whole, since the government used the surplus they paid in under a "unified bu

I'll take $480b in new Revenue to get a surplus and start paying down the debt.

Cut spending first.

The alternative is to pay SS recipients 70% of what they earned

Well, if they were overpromised, maybe it needs to be cut?

borrow more to make them whole, since the government used the surplus they paid in

Used it in exchange for the Trust Fund which they're spending down.

What nonsense from the always nonsensical OP.

I'll take $480b in new Revenue to get a surplus and start paying down the debt.
Cut spending first.

The alternative is to pay SS recipients 70% of what they earned
Well, if they were over-promised, maybe it needs to be cut?

borrow more to make them whole, since the government used the surplus they paid in
Used it in exchange for the Trust Fund which they're spending down.
1. Agreed, spending needs to be cut to the bone first
2. So its OK for the government to scam people, promising benefits then ripping them off? NFW.
3. The government used the SS surplus putting SS on the Budget. The government needs to pay the fuck up.

Another way to look at this is who fixes SS gets the 63m senior votes.
Who wants to fuck the seniors gets booted.

Forum List

Back