Biden Gives Federal Workers Largest Pay Raise In Over 40 Years

Jim H - VA USA

Plutonium Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 19, 2020
Biden signed an EO to give federal workers an average pay raise starting in January of 5.2%

This is after a 4.6% pay raise in 2023...

"Despite the fact that federal agencies are still operating without a full budget, Biden’s order cements the pay raise for 2024. Unless Congress quibbles with Biden’s figure in another CR or in the Financial Services and General Government bill, the pay raise defers to the President’s authority."

Most federal workers still work from home part time...

Meanwhile, social security recipients will get a 3.2% cost of living adjustment in 2024 while the costs of food, shelter and energy have skyrocketed.

Biden sure is good at spending other people's money. The bloated fed balloons further.

Biden signed an EO to give federal workers an average pay raise starting in January of 5.2%

This is after a 4.6% pay raise in 2023...

"Despite the fact that federal agencies are still operating without a full budget, Biden’s order cements the pay raise for 2024. Unless Congress quibbles with Biden’s figure in another CR or in the Financial Services and General Government bill, the pay raise defers to the President’s authority."

Most federal workers still work from home part time...

Meanwhile, social security recipients will get a 3.2% cost of living adjustment in 2024 while the costs of food, shelter and energy have skyrocketed.

Biden sure is good at spending other people's money. The bloated fed balloons further.
More worthless waste.

I would like to see an across-the-board hiring freeze at the fed, letting attrition shrink the fed in a tolerable, painless way.

A 10% across-the-board cut would be more desirable, but that would not be politically viable.

My limited experience dealing with the fed indicates that they are bloated, slow, and provide sub-par services.

Long overdue to trim the fat.

Biden fails to realize that the fed produces very little - it is generally a burdensome overhead function which drains funds from private businesses which actually produce things.

The Republicans often talk about limiting Big Government, I doubt they will stop this in an election year.

I would like to see an across-the-board hiring freeze at the fed, letting attrition shrink the fed in a tolerable, painless way.

A 10% across-the-board cut would be more desirable, but that would not be politically viable.

My limited experience dealing with the fed indicates that they are bloated, slow, and provide sub-par services.

Long overdue to trim the fat.

Biden fails to realize that the fed produces very little - it is generally a burdensome overhead function which drains funds from private businesses which actually produce things.

The Republicans often talk about limiting Big Government, I doubt they will stop this in an election year.

It is too late to stop it, they had their chance and punted, which is why Biden had to use an EO

So, no agencies would be given a pass on this? The VA my wife works at is sitting at about 68% of the staffing goals for nurses.

Forum List

Back