Obama Turns to Rank and File for Ideas to Curb Federal Spending

He IS Howdy Dowdy. Whoever in their right mind thought that a junior senator, community organizer, with ZERO experience from thug town was all of a sudden going to magically be the smartest man in America and be able to FIX our economy had to be a complete MORON!

He hasn't helped anything, and he's made sure our future is in the toilet. His legacy will be the President that ruined America's economy.

It's still too soon to tell what has helped and what won't. Most THINKING Americans know that.

Random Samples

What's painfully evident at this point is, that no matter what parts help, the parts that WON'T help outweigh any possible help by such a large margin, any help won't make any difference. The outcome will still be the same. A national debt so large our economy will be crippled, period.

Most people that don't LIE to themselves know that.

Then maybe you need to move to a country where there is no national debt. But you won't find one unless you bought your own island and established your own sovereignty.

The national debt has been on the rise since World War II, and we manage to survive in spite ever evolving changes affecting the overall economy.

U.S. National Debt Clock FAQ

It's still too soon to tell what has helped and what won't. Most THINKING Americans know that.

Random Samples

What's painfully evident at this point is, that no matter what parts help, the parts that WON'T help outweigh any possible help by such a large margin, any help won't make any difference. The outcome will still be the same. A national debt so large our economy will be crippled, period.

Then maybe you need to move to a country where there is no national debt. But you won't find one unless you bought your own island and established your own sovereignty.

The national debt has been on the rise since World War II, and we manage to survive in spite ever evolving changes affecting the overall economy.

LOL,, I love it. right from the mouth of a lefty,, blows the myth that Clinton left a surplus right the hell outta the water...:lol::lol::lol:

Random Samples

No... the national debt started during the Civil War, and they then realized how bad it was for our economy and set about to paying it off. We haven't come close to doing anything like that since then. But your lop eared moron hussein and his henchmen/women, have spent this country into CERTAIN NATIONAL DEBT OBLIVION! There is only ONE way out, and that will be to TAX people at a rate approaching 50%.

You failing to admit the truth for your love and blindness of obama is troubling. Wake up and smell the coffee. We're in deep trouble. You sticking your head in the dirt isn't going to help yourself, or anyone else. YOU are part of the problem.

It's not just these new debts, folks.

This nation is going down because the system is unsustainable.

Consider for example, that people in 2000 worked 178 more hours per year on average than people in 1970.

Despite that those same people lost puchasing power all during that period.

Consider that the average American family, also trying to deal with their declining purchasing power now carries more debt that their annual incomes.

Consider that for most Americans the only nesteggs most of them have was their homes, and their nesteggs are cracked.

Consider that the national debt has climbed regardless of what party was in (let's just ignore the whole Clinton deficiet issue, shall we) and that is basically unsustainable, too.

Thanks to the advantages the wealthy had, their incomes keep climbing, but since they kept investing, the bubbles (stock market, bond market, real estate markets) grew and grew and then they burst, too.

Nothing we can do now is going to take us back to that time when American can expect to keep up with, let along surpass our father's,, grandfathers and great grandfathers consistent patterns of making more than the previous generations.

Deregulation didn't work, and given the state of affairs we're in now, RE-regulation isn't really going to solve things, either.

Not only do Americans, quite rightly in most cases, not TRUST the regulators, but even if those regualtions are put in place, they're nothing more than latching the gate AFTER the livestock has departed for parts unknown.

I don't know what Anmerica will look like in twenty years, but I can assure you all it will not be very much like any of us expected it to look.

Before you think I'm ALL doom and Gloom, know that I actually think that this finaical crises might be, in the long run, a good thing for America and for Americans, too.

Why?

Because what we've had my entire adult life sucked wind for most Americans, and left American bankrupted

Those of you who benefitting from it, of course, are not being unreasonable if you disagree with my view of the system as it once was.

But from a nationalist's standpoint (which is what I really am, incidently) American was going down the shitter for the last three or four decades anyway.

Last edited:

Consider for example, that people in 2000 worked 178 more hours per year on average than people in 1970.

Consider that the average American family, also trying to deal with their declining purchasing power now carries more debt that their annual incomes.

Consider that for most Americans the only nesteggs most of them have was their homes, and their nesteggs are cracked.

Consider that the national debt has climbed regardless of what party was in (let's just ignore the whole Clinton deficiet issue, shall we) and that is basically unsustainable, too.

Thanks to the advantages the wealthy had, their incomes keep climbing, but since they kept investing, the bubbles (stock market, bond market, real estate markets) grew and grew and then they burst, too.

Nothing we can do now is going to take us back to that time when American can expect to keep up with, let along surpass our father's,, grandfathers and great grandfathers consistent patterns of making more than the previous generations.

Deregulation didn't work, and given the state of affairs we're in now, RE-regulation isn't really going to solve things, either.

Not only do Americans, quite rightly in most cases, not TRUST the regulators, but even if those regualtions are put in place, they're nothing more than latching the gate AFTER the livestock has departed for parts unknown.

I don't know what Anmerica will look like in twenty years, but I can assure you all it will not be very much like any of us expected it to look.

Before you think I'm ALL doom and Gloom, know that I actually think that this finaical crises might be, in the long run, a good thing for America and for Americans, too.

Why?

Because what we've had my entire adult life sucked wind for most Americans, and left American bankrupted

Those of you who benefitting from it, of course, are not being unreasonable if you disagree with my view of the system as it once was.

But from a nationalist's standpoint (which is what I really am, incidently) American was going down the shitter for the last three or four decades anyway.
Good post editec, and here's a 30 minute video about our national debt I picked up off the board last night. Scares the hell otta me. I sent the link to everyone I know. Frankly I think things like this should be broadcast on every form of media there is. Maybe then we wouldn't have such apathy. Maybe then people would finally realize just how dire our situation really is.

And then the man who is responsible for putting the last nails in our coffin spending gross amounts of money we don't have wants to ask government agencies to try and save money where they can..... ROTFLMFAO.... :lol: And that AFTER he signed a bill that CREATED over TWO HUNDRED NEW GOVERNMENT AGENCIES!!! My God... I've never witnessed a bigger dump truck load of HYPOCRISY in my entire life.

I wouldn't piss on hussein if he was on fire.

Last edited:
Hooooleeee rolling sheep shit.... the HYPOCRISY is so THICK you can cut it with a knife. This jack off and his minions spend more money faster than any other administration in the history of America, and now he asks THIS???!!! Could it possibly be the he sees just how bad they fucked up already, and is sweating how bad it's going to get and wants to correct it? Or is all about the shell game this little con man likes to put on?

President Obama on Saturday announced a plan for federal workers to propose ways to improve their agencies' and departments' budgets.

Think you can do better than your federal boss? President Obama wants to know how.

Obama on Saturday announced a plan for federal workers to propose ways to improve their agencies' and departments' budgets. The president said employees' ideas would be key as his Cabinet officials cut millions from the federal budget and trim the deficit.

"After all, Americans across the country know that the best ideas often come from workers, not just management," Obama said in his weekly radio and Internet address. "That's why we'll establish a process through which every government worker can submit their ideas for how their agency can save money and perform better. We'll put the suggestions that work into practice."

Obama's pitch comes at the end of a week focused on federal spending. On Friday, Democrats in Congress neared a deal on Obama's budget proposal and inched closer to passing a bill that would result in some $500 billion in deficits.

To confront that perception, Obama earlier in the week ordered officials to identify $100 million in savings to achieve over time -- a relative pittance against the broader plan, his aides later acknowledged.

Story continues here...

You're complaining he's spending too much money and you're complaining he's trying to find way to not spend so much money.

Makes sense.

Kinda too late for that though... she's already had her day and done her damage... and then he signed it, without reading it.
You forget suplementals, you can bet Queen Nan has lots o things she wants to spend money on.

Well.... we're screwed. The spending obama and his liberal idiot partners have spent are just nails in the coffin of America. Our debt will be so large in the next ten years we'll have to invent new numbers to calculate it. The only way we could ever pay for it is if the public is taxed at a rate close to 50%.

I wonder if that's what everyone who voted for hussein wanted?

And the liberals made fun of the Tax Day protestors.... ppphht.... I hope they don't whine when they have to eat those words.

I supported Clinton initially. I might have considered McCain, but his budget proposals were even worse. His plan was to cut taxes and increase military spending. Which is what got the nation $11 trillion in debt in the first place.

Hooooleeee rolling sheep shit.... the HYPOCRISY is so THICK you can cut it with a knife. This jack off and his minions spend more money faster than any other administration in the history of America, and now he asks THIS???!!! Could it possibly be the he sees just how bad they fucked up already, and is sweating how bad it's going to get and wants to correct it? Or is all about the shell game this little con man likes to put on?

President Obama on Saturday announced a plan for federal workers to propose ways to improve their agencies' and departments' budgets.

Think you can do better than your federal boss? President Obama wants to know how.

Obama on Saturday announced a plan for federal workers to propose ways to improve their agencies' and departments' budgets. The president said employees' ideas would be key as his Cabinet officials cut millions from the federal budget and trim the deficit.

"After all, Americans across the country know that the best ideas often come from workers, not just management," Obama said in his weekly radio and Internet address. "That's why we'll establish a process through which every government worker can submit their ideas for how their agency can save money and perform better. We'll put the suggestions that work into practice."

Obama's pitch comes at the end of a week focused on federal spending. On Friday, Democrats in Congress neared a deal on Obama's budget proposal and inched closer to passing a bill that would result in some $500 billion in deficits.

To confront that perception, Obama earlier in the week ordered officials to identify $100 million in savings to achieve over time -- a relative pittance against the broader plan, his aides later acknowledged.

Story continues here...

You're complaining he's spending too much money and you're complaining he's trying to find way to not spend so much money.

Makes sense.

the point is donkey breath,, he shouldn't be asking the little people to save a buck every time he spends three trillion,, it's like pissing in the ocean.. you get it now? probably not!

Story continues here...

It's a suggestion to put back on track the PAYGO budgetary process, in place until the BA trashed it in 2002.

A financial policy by which capital projects are financed from current revenue in the operating budget rather than through borrowing.

Why would anyone have a problem with it? After all, it's usually the underlings who know where the waste is, not the folks at the top of the pipeline who only get to see the totals.
It's like throwing a cup of water on a forest fire that he created.

He created, eh?

The Govt was $10.7 trillion in debt when Obama took office, and had borrowed $1.4 trillion in the year before Obama took office.

Pointing fingers at Obama is easier if you just pretent the universe started on Jan 20, 2009.

There is no greater example of hypocrisy that I am aware of today.

Try your own post. Then move on to conservatives generally.

Him and the idiots in congress create a multi-trillion dollar deficit budget and he thinks a few million in cuts will offset that?
Does he have any clue what the difference is between a million and a trillion?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Kh7nLplWo[/ame]

Your statement would be more accurate if the "Him" refers to Bush.

Obama did not create the deficit. It was Bush and in idiots in Congress in 2001 that inhereted a surplus and created record deficits.

He IS Howdy Dowdy. Whoever in their right mind thought that a junior senator, community organizer, with ZERO experience from thug town was all of a sudden going to magically be the smartest man in America and be able to FIX our economy had to be a complete MORON!

He hasn't helped anything, and he's made sure our future is in the toilet. His legacy will be the President that ruined America's economy.

Random Samples

It certainly is possibly to balance the budget. There was a surplus budget only 9 years ago. Reverse the tax cuts and spending program increases and your back where you started, except for additional interest from the $5 trillion Bush2 debt.

Or some other combination thereof.

Random Samples

That is only true in absolute terms and ignores inflation and the growth of GDP.

The measure of the debt is only meaningful over time to a relative barometer, like GDP.

Relative to GDP, the debt fell from WWII until 1980, while the "greatest generation" paid top tax rates as high as 91% to hold the line on the debt.

Starting in 1981, the "pass the buck" generation elected two tax cut panderers, whose policies slashed revenues, squandered on military expenditures, and grew the debt relative to GDP.

The exception was the 90s under Clinton, whose tax increase and spending discipline started reducing the relative debt. Then Bush2 was elected.

Year - % Debt:GDP
Source: Treasury Dept (Debt); BEA (GDP)

1946 121.0%
1947 105.7%
1948 93.6%
1949 94.7%
1950 87.5%
1951 75.2%
1952 72.3%
1953 70.1%
1954 73.3%
1955 67.7%
1956 63.3%
1957 59.6%
1958 60.4%
1959 57.2%
1960 55.1%
1961 54.3%
1962 51.7%
1963 50.0%
1964 47.8%
1965 44.6%
1966 41.8%
1967 41.4%
1968 39.3%
1969 37.4%
1970 37.5%
1971 37.6%
1972 36.3%
1973 34.0%
1974 32.8%
1975 35.2%
1976 35.8%
1977 35.4%
1978 34.4%
1979 33.0%
1980 33.3%
1981 32.9% <- Reagan takes office
1982 36.8%
1983 39.9%
1984 42.3%
1985 46.1%
1986 47.6%
1987 49.6%
1988 51.0%
1989 52.1%
1990 55.7%
1991 61.1%
1992 64.1%
1993 66.3%
1994 66.4%
1995 67.2%
1996 66.8%
1997 65.2%
1998 63.2%
1999 61.0%
2000 57.8%
2001 57.3%
2002 59.5%
2003 61.9%
2004 63.1%
2005 63.9%
2006 64.6%
2007 65.2%
2008 70.3%

No... the national debt started during the Civil War, and they then realized how bad it was for our economy and set about to paying it off. We haven't come close to doing anything like that since then. But your lop eared moron hussein and his henchmen/women, have spent this country into CERTAIN NATIONAL DEBT OBLIVION! There is only ONE way out, and that will be to TAX people at a rate approaching 50%.

You failing to admit the truth for your love and blindness of obama is troubling. Wake up and smell the coffee. We're in deep trouble. You sticking your head in the dirt isn't going to help yourself, or anyone else. YOU are part of the problem.

The debt was almost $11 trillion before Obama took office; and inhereted the worst financial/credit crises since the great depression as well as a trillion dollar deficit.

Whether he will adopt policies to improve the budget after the economy gets back on its feet remains to be seen, but to blame him for the situation now is beyond partisan.

That is not true. Real incomes have risen significantly since 1970, and for all groups of income.

Why?

That assumes we don't collectively join together to address America's problems. Who knows.

LOL! I can't wait to see all the bureaucrats sending in suggestions how their departments aren't needed. That will be the day.

Story continues here...

Makes sense.

...donkey breath...

Post ignored.

LOL! I can't wait to see all the bureaucrats sending in suggestions how their departments aren't needed. That will be the day.

That's a good point. What he needs to ask is for them for ideas for cutting $$ from other deparments.

The debt was almost $11 trillion before Obama took office; and inhereted the worst financial/credit crises since the great depression as well as a trillion dollar deficit.

Whether he will adopt policies to improve the budget after the economy gets back on its feet remains to be seen, but to blame him for the situation now is beyond partisan.
And the solution from Mr President and the congress is to spend our way out of that debt by passing an even larger deficit spending budget.
Name one government that has spent it's way out of debt, just one.
Name one person that has spent his/her's way out of debt, just one.

And the solution from Mr President and the congress is to spend our way out of that debt by passing an even larger deficit spending budget.

From what source did you get that idea? Rush? Sean?

I've never seen Obama argue that we can spend our way out of debt.

Name one government that has spent it's way out of debt, just one.
Name one person that has spent his/her's way out of debt, just one.

I defend my statements. Otherwise I don't feel obliged.

it's dishonest fuckery to keep saying the obamalama inherited something when you know he fought a dirty fight to win the office and the responsibility knowing full well the state of the union.. so how's about giving up the dishones fuckery whydoncha?

Forum List

Back