NO, Unemployment is NOT DOWN

So now you think employed people are counted as unemployed???

yes dear idiot liberal a Ph.d flipping burgers for 5 hours a week would be considered employed under U3 but not under u6.

See why we say a liberal will be stupid?

The U-6 is not an unemployment rate.

dear, the U in U6 stand for unemployment. See why we have to conclude that a liberal will be slow??
Holyfuckingshit! :eusa_doh:

Prove the 'U' stands for 'unemployment' ...
dear, its a trivial matter why not make a liberal fool of yourself over substance??
Since you're an idiot who got that wrong, it's not as trivial as you'd like to pretend. So g'head ... prove the 'U' stands for 'unemployment'...

That's your moronic claim ... shouldn't be hard for you to prove if you're right, right?

dear, the U in U6 stand for unemployment. See why we have to conclude that a liberal will be slow??

dear, its a trivial matter why not make a liberal fool of yourself over substance??
Since you're an idiot who got that wrong, it's not as trivial as you'd like to pretend. So g'head ... prove the 'U' stands for 'unemployment'...

That's your moronic claim ... shouldn't be hard for you to prove if you're right, right?

dear how positive are you that I've got it wrong??

So now you think employed people are counted as unemployed???

yes dear idiot liberal a Ph.d flipping burgers for 5 hours a week would be considered employed under U3 but not under u6.

See why we say a liberal will be stupid?

You a fucking retard. Employed people are never counted as "unemployed." Do you even know what the word, "unemployed," means, fruit loop dingus?

Here's a clue .... it doesn't include people who are working.

Positive enough to know if you could have proven it, you would have.

would the liberal idiot like to bet $5000 in a legally binding way?

I've seen too many cons here welch on bets to ever make a bet with one. Cons have no character or honor. At any rate, either you can prove it or you can't. I know you can't since I've get the link to the definition in a buffer just waiting to paste it.

I've seen too many cons here welch on bets to ever make a bet with one. Cons have no character or honor. At any rate, either you can prove it or you can't. I know you can't since I've get the link to the definition in a buffer just waiting to paste it.

well dear why not paste and then congratulate yourself on winning trivail pursuit and not advancing liberal cause at all???

And who said it was down ? The Obama administration ? And its Bureau of Labor Statisitics ? That's part of the US Dept of Commerce. And that's part of Obama's cabinet.

Here's the kicker of it. Unemployment rates include FOREIGNERS coming into the country and taking American jobs, inside the US. These include millions of illegal aliens, and many more legal aliens on work visas, added to that. NONE of these jobs should be counted in calculating unemployment rates. But every one of them is counted as employment, while every one of them should be counted as UNEMPLOYMENT.

These jobs are employment, yes. But they are employment for ANOTHER COUNTRY (not the US). A Mexican comes to the US in 2013, and for all of 2014, he is working in a particular job. Same with a guy from India. And these guys should be counted in such a way as to lower the unemployment rate ? Not hardly. This whole unemployment picture as reported by the media is poppy$#@!.

Until the govt gets every foreigner the hell out of here, and out of the jobs they're stealing from American workers, there is NOTHING to be said about unemployment, and until then there IS NO UNEMPLOYMENT RATE. And we should all stop talking about it as if there is.
The Obama administration and idiot leftistfs lie about unemplorment.

Half the niggas in this f'n country are either unemployed or underemployed.

well dear why not paste and then congratulate yourself on winning trivail pursuit and not advancing liberal cause at all???
I take it this means you can't prove your idiotic claim? Your claim, by the way, which you think categorizes employed folks as unemployed.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You're as dumb as they come, ya fruit loop dingus.

I take it this means you can't prove your idiotic claim? Your claim, by the way, which you think categorizes employed folks as unemployed.

of so do you want to make a legally binding bet for $1000??

of so do you want to make a legally binding bet for $1000??
I know you're retarded so bearing that in mind, I'll repeat myself. Conservatives have no honor or character, which has been highlighted in this forum repeatedly by cons who not only welched on bets they made over Obama's election, but even boasted how proud they were of themselves for doing so. Based on that, I don't take bets from cons.

Be that as it may ... you made the claim the 'U' in 'U6' stands for 'unemployment'. Either you can prove that or you expose yourself as the retard the forum has come to know you to be...

... you made the claim the 'U' in 'U6' stands for 'unemployment'...

and I even bet you $10,000 and then you ran away with your liberal tail between your legs!
Because you're a con and cons have no honor. Hell, now you're using a bet, which I've informed you I don't bet with cons, as an excuse to not post any evidence at all that your idiotic claim is any less retarded than it is.

Actually, he's right. In the 1970's the U-1 through U-7 were introduced as alternative measures and the U was for unemployment. http://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/1976/article/pdf/employment_and_unemployment_the_doughnut.pdf
However, the alternates were redone in 1994 as U-1 through U-6 with remembering and changes in what the measures were. And now called "alternative measures of underutilization."

Of course, just because the U was originally for unemployed doesn't mean all the U' s are measures of unemployment.

Last edited:

Actually, he's right. In the 1970's the U-1 through U-7 were introduced as alternative measures and the U was for unemployment. http://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/1976/article/pdf/employment_and_unemployment_the_doughnut.pdf
However, the alternates were redone in 1994 as U-1 through U-6 with remembering and changes in what the measures were. And now called "alternative measures of underutilization."

Of course, just because the U was originally for unemployed doesn't mean all the U' s are measures of unemployment.
No, he is not right. Perhaps he would have been right had we been having this conversation decades ago, but we're not. We're having it in the present, about the present. And the 'U' presently stands for 'underutilization'...

No plenty are employed. And way more that the politicians and partisan hacks like yourself say are not.
So now you're saying both employed and unemployed are higher? Please try and give full explanations instead of these cryptic responses. It's discourteous.
No I am saying you are a retarded Millenial idiot who needs to pick up a book.
Among all of your floundering, you're not making any sense.
No I am clearly calling you a retard.

No plenty are employed. And way more that the politicians and partisan hacks like yourself say are not.
So now you're saying both employed and unemployed are higher? Please try and give full explanations instead of these cryptic responses. It's discourteous.
No I am saying you are a retarded Millenial idiot who needs to pick up a book.
Among all of your floundering, you're not making any sense.
No I am clearly calling you a retard.
Actually, you were (unjustly) calling me a retard. Geez, you can't even get that right.

It's not more accurate than the U-3 (statistically speaking it's less accurate with bigger error.) it just addresses a different aspect. The two don't measure the same thing and don't answer the same questions

dear, how slow are you?? A Ph.D flipping burgers 3 hours a work will not show up as u3 unemployed but will show up in U6 as unemployed. .
No he will not. He will show up in the U6 as "Part time for Economic reasons" IF AND ONLY IF he is able to work 35+ hours a week and is working less because of slow business or inability to find a full time job. Same is true for a high school drop out....the PhD is irrelevant for this classification.

Forum List

Back