Sad economic news: Economy is so strong it may delay rate cuts

There is, it appears, some disagreement among the MAGAMunchkins.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can one be a TrumpBozo and not be a negative ne'er-do-well? They all seem to live perpetually in Snowflakistan. The most unhappy cohort of souls I think America has ever seen. Being sour, unhappy, mean-spirited, and afraid must be a qualifier to snuggle up to the QAnon/MAGA Wailing Wall.

IMHO
:funnyface:....

The news is filled with amazement at how well Bidenomics is grinding forward. No on has ever seen anything like it.

Strong consumer confidence, strong spending, and a still robust growing economy all with low unemployment. Truly a Goldilocks era of the economy. The downside is the Fed is pussyfooting around with rate cuts. Biden needs to get vocal and push hard to get rates cut or find a new Fed Chairman. They were too late raising rates and now they are going to be too late cutting them.

Now, some economists think the Fed won’t cut interest rates at all this year.

The economy is not slowing down and some underlying measures of inflation are growing, said Torsten Slok, chief economist at Apollo Global Management, in a note to investors Friday.

“The Fed will not cut rates this year and rates are going to stay higher for longer,” he added.

Richmond Federal Reserve President Tom Barkin echoed the idea that the central bank may not cut interest rates this year.

The economy is not slowing down and some underlying measures of inflation are growing, said Torsten Slok, chief economist at Apollo Global Management, in a note to investors Friday.

DURR

You moron, the high interest rates were never necessary in the first place and they are killing the average American. People can't afford to live due to the inflation and high interest rates. Trump is ahead because you guys are tone deaf to the plight of the average American and the poorer. Wealth inequality, social injustice, and homelessness have all soared under Biden.
Your the guys who doesnt want to work in this booming economy and just wants price controls and handouts. Go earn your keep with some of that American Exceptionalism.

Well that didn't last long... rates will be going up this week....

Whenever you see in a MSM story... May be... or might be... or could be... or sources said... understand you are being gas lighted and out right lied to... stop being suckers democrats...
Rates are not going up this week you dumbass.

Rates are not going up this week you dumbass.
Overall, it seems that another interest rate hike is unlikely. But it's also clear that Americans shouldn't hold their breath waiting for dramatically lower interest rates. With unemployment low, and economic growth high, the Fed can (and will) take its time and make extra sure it's safe before cutting rates.Feb 7, 2024

Overall, it seems that another interest rate hike is unlikely. But it's also clear that Americans shouldn't hold their breath waiting for dramatically lower interest rates. With unemployment low, and economic growth high, the Fed can (and will) take its time and make extra sure it's safe before cutting rates.Feb 7, 2024
True. I think rates have been too high but I am in the minority. Most think like you do and that we need to keep them higher. However, I’d argue the high prices aren’t demand driven. Companies are still colluding on prices and it’s a lack of competition. I’d let the market sort it out and keep borrowing low to drive investment.

True. I think rates have been too high but I am in the minority. Most think like you do and that we need to keep them higher. However, I’d argue the high prices aren’t demand driven. Companies are still colluding on prices and it’s a lack of competition. I’d let the market sort it out and keep borrowing low to drive investment.
You watch... they will go up soon...

With unemployment low, and economic growth high,

Ummm? And the point is?
Ain't that kinda sorta why we have some inflation?
Albeit, less inflation in the US than in the rest of the world?

The MAGAMunchkins are ALWAYS unhappy and grievance filled.
Why is that? You would think that this rising tide would have lifted their boats too.
Perhaps, a little more maintenance on career, assets, education, etc.......could help them see a better day. After all, even dumb sailors know you gotta maintain the craft to stay afloat.

No?

Homes are unaffordable for practically the entire medical class. Imagine some Biden BLM supporter going up to them saying “the economy is booming.”

I mean, we’re dealing with the same Biden supporters who think a man can get pregnant. 🫃

Homes are unaffordable for practically the entire medical class. Imagine some Biden BLM supporter going up to them saying “the economy is booming.”

I mean, we’re dealing with the same Biden supporters who think a man can get pregnant. 🫃
My son is in his 4th year of medical class. Will find out his residency on March 15th. He should have no issues finding and affording a place.

The news is filled with amazement at how well Bidenomics is grinding forward. No on has ever seen anything like it.

Strong consumer confidence, strong spending, and a still robust growing economy all with low unemployment. Truly a Goldilocks era of the economy. The downside is the Fed is pussyfooting around with rate cuts. Biden needs to get vocal and push hard to get rates cut or find a new Fed Chairman. They were too late raising rates and now they are going to be too late cutting them.

“The Fed will not cut rates this year and rates are going to stay higher for longer,” he added.

Richmond Federal Reserve President Tom Barkin echoed the idea that the central bank may not cut interest rates this year.

This is a bunch of baloney...pure and simple.
Just because they have cooked the numbers to show what they want them to say they still don't match reality.

The reality is that inflation is still ongoing. It's not stopping despite their best efforts. Prices are sneaking up all over the place. And if they actually do a rate cut...this will tank the stock market's biggest number contributors and revealing that the Emperor has no clothes and that we have been in a recession....it hasn't let up. So they keep making the bubble bigger hoping it won't pop.

The good news is that despite the highly touted fake numbers....there are ways around them. Wall Street is ALL about statistics and numbers from many economic data points) And they ALL show recession. If they drop the interest rate then the house of cards comes crashing.

Sell that diamond ring for ten cents that isn't worth a dime somewhere else.

This is a bunch of baloney...pure and simple.
Just because they have cooked the numbers to show what they want them to say they still don't match reality.

The reality is that inflation is still ongoing. It's not stopping despite their best efforts. Prices are sneaking up all over the place. And if they actually do a rate cut...this will tank the stock market's biggest number contributors and revealing that the Emperor has no clothes and that we have been in a recession....it hasn't let up. So they keep making the bubble bigger hoping it won't pop.

The good news is that despite the highly touted fake numbers....there are ways around them. Wall Street is ALL about statistics and numbers from many economic data points) And they ALL show recession. If they drop the interest rate then the house of cards comes crashing.

Sell that diamond ring for ten cents that isn't worth a dime somewhere else.
bwahahahahaha

Dow is a record high. S&P record high. Doesn’t sound like recession planning to me by Wall Street.

Want me to post the 100% chance of recession from last year that Bidenomics crushed?

bwahahahahaha

Dow is a record high. S&P record high. Doesn’t sound like recession planning to me by Wall Street.

Want me to post the 100% chance of recession from last year that Bidenomics crushed?
Look at the Russell 2k. It's a more accurate indicator...but still not truly reflective.
Most stocks are DOWN...if I were u I'd sell. Take profits out of play and wait.

Your the guys who doesnt want to work in this booming economy and just wants price controls and handouts. Go earn your keep with some of that American Exceptionalism.
So, just to get this straight, you are against freeloaders who only want to sponge government benefits and not work. We actually agree on this.

So, just to get this straight, you are against freeloaders who only want to sponge government benefits and not work. We actually agree on this.
I’m against you government check recipients coming on here acting like you’re not on my welfare program. You’re welcome.

/——/ You pathetic dumbass. No rate cuts because BidenInflation is on the march.

Forum List

Back